The **1+ and still not walking** thread

well we have been refered for a peadeatric assessment - the apointment will take up to four months - I am not worried for Fynn he is into everything climbs cruises and all sorts but Sam - I am in bits and doing far too much googling and have convinced myself he has something awful *sigh*
Please please don't google, I also did this and had myself sick with worry! Jacob was the same as your little boys, no cruising, not even weight bearing at all and now he cruises like a pro, walks holding 2 hands but freezes and panics if I try to just hold one hand, he only walks if we are outside, at the park or to and from the car when going out, the minute he sets one foot inside the front door, he's right down on his knees again. Still feels like it's going to be forever but I guess he'll surprise me one of these days. He is 21 months now so I'd really hoped he'd be going well by now as it feels like we are missing out if that makes sense? When we go to the park, he can't climb and do all the things other toddlers his age and younger can, I'd so looked forward to doing stuff like this summer. It's a bit of a nightmare when we do go to the park as he "walks" off on his knees after every dog he sees, so needless to say I just have to dress him like a scruff when we go to the park now as his trousers are getting ruined!! :haha: I'm sure when our boys decide to take off, we will be very glad that they waited so long :)

Well we finally have a walker here!! Wooo. Moo is 15 months, didn't crawl until a year and started toddling about on fathers day and now there is no stopping her!! Seems really late for me as my ds walked at 9 months!

well we have been refered for a peadeatric assessment - the apointment will take up to four months - I am not worried for Fynn he is into everything climbs cruises and all sorts but Sam - I am in bits and doing far too much googling and have convinced myself he has something awful *sigh*
Please please don't google, I also did this and had myself sick with worry! Jacob was the same as your little boys, no cruising, not even weight bearing at all and now he cruises like a pro, walks holding 2 hands but freezes and panics if I try to just hold one hand, he only walks if we are outside, at the park or to and from the car when going out, the minute he sets one foot inside the front door, he's right down on his knees again. Still feels like it's going to be forever but I guess he'll surprise me one of these days. He is 21 months now so I'd really hoped he'd be going well by now as it feels like we are missing out if that makes sense? When we go to the park, he can't climb and do all the things other toddlers his age and younger can, I'd so looked forward to doing stuff like this summer. It's a bit of a nightmare when we do go to the park as he "walks" off on his knees after every dog he sees, so needless to say I just have to dress him like a scruff when we go to the park now as his trousers are getting ruined!! :haha: I'm sure when our boys decide to take off, we will be very glad that they waited so long :)

thank you - it really means a lot you posting this as its horrible isnt it all the babies at our toddler group are about 13-14 months and now taking steps or walking ARRGGGHHH.

We have progress today thgouh yay - today was a Sam day (I cant concentrate on both at the same time so have planned to work with them on alternate days) and we now have him walking holding onto hands and he is the one initiating the steps - he is also stepping out of his pyjamas when he is standing against the bath (whoop whoop) seems so silly to some but we call him rigid leg boy lol. I have been doing cycle legs with him too obviously really gently in case he does have hip issues and he LOVES it. He is fiddling around with his legs and feet now too - almost as if he has literally 'found his feet' hehehehehe.

Tomorrow is Fynn day but tbh I am not in the least concerned about him as he climbs/cruises and walks along the window ledge (dont ask) like a pro just holding on with one finger so I think I might just let him be and do some more Sam time - hmmmmmm oh well at least it wasnt triplets hehehe

Sorry waffly post xxxxxxxxxxx

I have the 'dressing' problem too... With no walking/ cruising etc, Grace gets chubbier by the day and it's difficult to find ANY clothes that will fit her round the waist... She was mainly in dresses but these now hinder her crawling and/or result in filthy bruised knees as she crawls everywhere! I too feel like she's missing out... I took her to a baby group today and she looked so comical carwling around whilst all these much smaller children were running around her. :dohh:

Im frustrated with this walking malarky!! Ollie can do its just so laid back he doesnt want to hes no fire in his belly lol i blame DH hes too laidback aswell! Xx

I'm just popping in to say :bye: My man is walking!! We bought him hard soled shoes (etnies) and he's away! :happydance:

I am so pleased I have found this thread! I thought I was the ony one with a 14 month old who doesn't walk, and now I know I am not alone!

Chloe was 5 weeks early so we were correcting her age until she turned 1. She crawled 3 weeks before her birthday and did her first cruising about 1 week after her birthday. She now is a very confident cruiser, loves walking with her walker and is confident if she walks whilst holding your hands...but as soon as you try to even let go of one hand she justs falls to her knees. She has no confidence at all. Has anyone got any tips on building her confidence? We are getting married in November and I would really love her walking by then so she can walk down the aisle :cloud9:

x

we have some progress :) issy can now do a few steps on her own. so proud of her :cloud9:

ive prob found this cool thread a wee bit too late as LO is kinda walking now.

he just takes ages to master the biggies. he took a month before he was crawling consistently and ages before hed stand on his own too.
its weird cos hes such and adventurous independent little thing i thought hed be desperate to develope but he almost lacks confidence. the moment he realises hes walking on his own he kind of plops down or grabs for the sofa. but every day hes getting better.

i never really thought that 14/15 months was late developing walking. i thought they said between 12-18 months??? i know all my LOs friends (inc younger ones) are walking now so hes the last as it were but ive never been to bothered that hes taken his time.

Chloe was 5 weeks early so we were correcting her age until she turned 1. She crawled 3 weeks before her birthday and did her first cruising about 1 week after her birthday. She now is a very confident cruiser, loves walking with her walker and is confident if she walks whilst holding your hands...but as soon as you try to even let go of one hand she justs falls to her knees. She has no confidence at all. Has anyone got any tips on building her confidence? We are getting married in November and I would really love her walking by then so she can walk down the aisle :cloud9:

x

id say just persist with what your doing and lots of praise when shes walking with her walker. if she falls down guide her up and carry on.
i stopped carrying jacob between rooms and we finger walked everywhere instead in the hope hed mentally create a habit. now i even get him to climb up the stairs instead of me carrying him.

as for walking down the aisle i have no doubt shell be walking by then but dont bank on her going in the direction u may want lol. x

I dont have a walker!
Harrison will cruise furniture, climbs on the sofa etc but wont even take a step if he isnt holding on to anything.
Occasionally he will let go and fall towards me but makes no attempt to move his feet :dohh:
He will also walk holding both my hands.
Up until recently iv been quite glad he cant walk yet but the last few days its been niggling at me :(

My mum makes me feel bad about it because my sister walked at 8months my brother walked at 7months, and i walk at a year and she always says how she thought i was lazy

wellll we have a teeny bit of progress here - Fynn has started standing independently again from the squat yay. Sam LOVES to stand holding hands now and shufflies his feet around when holding onto the sofa - not quite cruising but hey we are getting there. Sam is also trying to get up to all fours (he commando crawls still atm)

*sigh* I feel such a bad mum

wellll we have a teeny bit of progress here - Fynn has started standing independently again from the squat yay. Sam LOVES to stand holding hands now and shufflies his feet around when holding onto the sofa - not quite cruising but hey we are getting there. Sam is also trying to get up to all fours (he commando crawls still atm)

Aww don't feel bad! Everyone always says to me "boys are lazy" And I really believe them now! They're going to get there eventually! Just keep encouraging them gently! :hugs:

Aww don't feel bad! Everyone always says to me "boys are lazy" And I really believe them now! They're going to get there eventually! Just keep encouraging them gently! :hugs:

thank you - your reply means a lot. I do know in my heart that they are ok, I just feel so torn there is only one of me and they both need working with - awwww well the lament of the multiple mum I guess. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sure they'll be fine if you work on one a day! You never know, if you had a sudden break through with one, the other may try and copy him while he's walking!!

Sorry I've not been on here much, I'm being stalk hence my lack of avatar and signature....

Anyway Evie is now taking unaided steps :dance:

The most she has done is about 6 but her legs can't keep up with her body and she falls on her hands and laughs. Actually, it's more like wobbly drunk running than walking lol

Hope your tiddlers will all be official toddlers soon :hugs:

At 13 1/2 months my little man walked today, I'm so proud!!! Right in front of Mummy and Daddy and totally out of the blue :-D He's not been well for the past few days with a sickness bug and I had him at the doctor's today. It was just so unexpected, I had a little tear in my eye. Well done Rhys!! xxx

Vicky that's fantastic news!! :thumbup: You are so not a bad Mum, quite the opposite in fact or you wouldn't be worried like you are!

I know how you feel though, just yesterday, my Mum said to me in a matter of fact type of voice that it was time he was on his feet now - this made me feel so crap, like I've done something wrong somewhere :(
I'm actually worrying in case he's not walking come September when the toddler groups start back again as even when he was only 13 months, I got snide comments from some of the other Mums who all acted shocked that he wasn't walking yet. I know i'm being silly, but I am a worry wart and I do let things get to me way more than I should.

Vicky that's fantastic news!! :thumbup: You are so not a bad Mum, quite the opposite in fact or you wouldn't be worried like you are!

I know how you feel though, just yesterday, my Mum said to me in a matter of fact type of voice that it was time he was on his feet now - this made me feel so crap, like I've done something wrong somewhere :(
I'm actually worrying in case he's not walking come September when the toddler groups start back again as even when he was only 13 months, I got snide comments from some of the other Mums who all acted shocked that he wasn't walking yet. I know i'm being silly, but I am a worry wart and I do let things get to me way more than I should.

oohh tell them Bo**ox - seriously if you werent so far away I would come too - and bring my TWO non walkers hehehehehehe

I am lucky in that everyone around me says ohhh hes just like his dad - who didnt walk till he was 18 months, occaisionally rolled from kitchen to lounge before that and now at 31 is sooo laid back its untrue!!!!!!

big hugs to you sweetie - I wil be right there with you in spirit xxxx

oohh tell them Bo**ox - seriously if you werent so far away I would come too - and bring my TWO non walkers hehehehehehe

I am lucky in that everyone around me says ohhh hes just like his dad - who didnt walk till he was 18 months, occaisionally rolled from kitchen to lounge before that and now at 31 is sooo laid back its untrue!!!!!!

big hugs to you sweetie - I wil be right there with you in spirit xxxx

Awwwhhhh, thank you :flower: I can just see their faces already lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->