The 2009 Healthy Living Challenge!!

Hi girls, hope all is going well.
I got weighed in at weight watchers today and ive lost 3lb!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

:hug:

xxx

Well done hun, that's a great loss.

I went to the gym today :happydance:. haven't been for ages and I absolutely shattered now. But I'm on the right road now, just have to stay on it.

well it didnt feel like much until hubby put 3lb of sugar on the scales :shock::rofl:

but yes i feel great thanks :happydance::happydance:

good luck girlies

xxx

Well done Mer! Check us all out! I am doing good on the healthy eating front but struggling on the exercise front - i have been to the gym but only managing 2-3 session a week at the mo BUT that is 3 x more than i was doing 2 weeks ago!! I made a yummy pasta bake tonight for dinner but there is so much it's also tomorrow's dinner - it's all good tho!

hopefully i won't have to resort to amputation in order to get ICSI now! :rofl:

Hey girls, finally my results are in! I knew I shouldn't have sneaked a peak at the scales, as I spoiled my surprise and was even a bit disappointed -ungrateful sod that I am- but

Drum rolls.... 13 lbs.

and it's only after 6 days not a full week so I'm chuffed really! I'm even more chuffed that I kept to it 110%!

Well done everyone else on your losses!!!

Yay!! Congratulations MissAma! That's an amazing loss!!
xxx

Hey girls, finally my results are in! I knew I shouldn't have sneaked a peak at the scales, as I spoiled my surprise and was even a bit disappointed -ungrateful sod that I am- but

Drum rolls.... 13 lbs.

and it's only after 6 days not a full week so I'm chuffed really! I'm even more chuffed that I kept to it 110%!

Well done everyone else on your losses!!!

Wow thats a HUGE weightloss! :happydance:

I wish i could loose weight like that, i'm a slow on, slow off girl so i ususally get bored.

Thanks a bunch everyone. littlestar, I am a slow loser normally as well, it's the Cambridge that made it relatively -considering how much is left- fast.

Rachelle- could you pretty please update the first page?

OMG MissAma how awesome!!!

how much did you wanna lose all in all?

**toddles off to update front page......

OMG MissAma how awesome!!!

how much did you wanna lose all in all?

**toddles off to update front page......

Can't tell ya in public :) in fact I think I'll tell you girls how much I lost next weigh in (and it ought to be 3 to 6 max) but then not tell you as the loss will slow down and stabilize to anything between 0.5 lbs and 2 lbs per week so if I tell you, you can all work out how flumongous I am!!!

However, I will tell you how heavy I was when I'm done with it all! :rofl:

Well MissAma i shall be brave - i was 14st 9lb when i started and i'm 5 foot 2.5. I wear a size 18 on a good day - but even though i've lost 3lb i feel 'thinner'... i think the fluid retention is leaving my body!

Apparently i carry my weight well according to my friends..... whatever that means! It certainly doesn't mean i'm lighter wheni get on the scales though!!:rofl:

What is involved in the Cambridge Diet?? I'm just wondering whether it is worth sticking to my healthy eating/exercising or try that... i don't wanna do anything that means i can't sustain it though, not with the IVF appointment fast approaching!

Well MissAma i shall be brave - i was 14st 9lb when i started and i'm 5 foot 2.5. I wear a size 18 on a good day - but even though i've lost 3lb i feel 'thinner'... i think the fluid retention is leaving my body!

Apparently i carry my weight well according to my friends..... whatever that means! It certainly doesn't mean i'm lighter wheni get on the scales though!!:rofl:

What is involved in the Cambridge Diet?? I'm just wondering whether it is worth sticking to my healthy eating/exercising or try that... i don't wanna do anything that means i can't sustain it though, not with the IVF appointment fast approaching!

That's not brave by comparison!

The Cambridge Diet is a food replacement diet (fancy name for shakes, porridge and soups) and a Very Low Caloric Diet (as is say Atkins but without the destructive effects of eating but fat). It has been researched and tested since the early 80s and it's well formulated to let people be on the diet for years if they have to. It's not instead of eating healthy, it's a huge help for anyone determined to change their life style and wanting to start by losing the excess weight far faster. It also then reintroduces you to food slowly. How long do you have to appointment? If it's over a month I'd say it's worth it, you'd have the chance to do it for a couple of weeks -thus losing some 20 lbs- and get off it slowly and then continue to eat healthy to maintain.

It would significantly improve your BMI fast. These 13 I lost in a week are basically 2 and a half BMI points!

Bloody hell MissAma - what a fab loss :happydance: Good for you Girl xxx

Just a measly 1.5lb loss for me this week :cry: Thought it would be better, but hey, a loss is a loss eh?? - Rachelle, can you please update for me Hun xxx

Well done MissAma - I'm proud of you!!

I don't think I'm going to lose anything this week. I've still been recording everything I've been eating and still walking each night - but I just don't think I'll have lost anything. I reckon it was just excess fluid last week added to the fact that AF was not long left at my 1st weigh in.

I did go for a fast walk last night. I got DH to drop me off in town and I walked home with the hairy one. It was about 2.5 miles and took me approx 35-40 minutes. I was sweating a bit and the dog wasn't pleased but who cares??

Booo - I've put 1.4 pounds back on. I've been fairly good this week, not over eating and recording my calorie intake. Mind you, my homemade pizza for tea last night probably didn't help. Maybe I should weigh in on a Friday morning and then my Friday night splurge won't get me too down. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and go running... Bollocks - I don't think I am going to get to my target weight without exercising more. And walking obviously isn't enough anymore.

Boooo!!!!

Sorry for letting the side down girls...

:cry:

That's not brave by comparison!

The Cambridge Diet is a food replacement diet (fancy name for shakes, porridge and soups) and a Very Low Caloric Diet (as is say Atkins but without the destructive effects of eating but fat). It has been researched and tested since the early 80s and it's well formulated to let people be on the diet for years if they have to. It's not instead of eating healthy, it's a huge help for anyone determined to change their life style and wanting to start by losing the excess weight far faster. It also then reintroduces you to food slowly. How long do you have to appointment? If it's over a month I'd say it's worth it, you'd have the chance to do it for a couple of weeks -thus losing some 20 lbs- and get off it slowly and then continue to eat healthy to maintain.

It would significantly improve your BMI fast. These 13 I lost in a week are basically 2 and a half BMI points!

Wowee that is good! I did have a google - the only downside is that i wouldn't be able to function on such few calories - no way i could do my job and go to the gym. I also have a habit of falling off the wagon when it's too strict! I shall persevere with my healthy eating and exercise and the pounds will come off i am sure!:hugs:

Well done Mazmos - will update front page!

Maz - you didn't let us down, don't be hard on yourself :friends:

Booo - I've put 1.4 pounds back on. I've been fairly good this week, not over eating and recording my calorie intake. Mind you, my homemade pizza for tea last night probably didn't help. Maybe I should weigh in on a Friday morning and then my Friday night splurge won't get me too down. Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and go running... Bollocks - I don't think I am going to get to my target weight without exercising more. And walking obviously isn't enough anymore.

Boooo!!!!

Sorry for letting the side down girls...

:cry:

Don't feel down you certainly haven't let us down. Think of it as a blip and vow to get back on it this week.
I haven't had a particularly good week either and I definately have not lost a thing. I'm going to hit the gym big style this week and start some of the grop classes too. I fancy a bit of aqua and combat.

I maintained this week, but my IBS is playing up and i've totally lost my appetite so i don't think i'm eating enough to keep my metabolism in check.

i'm sticking at it though and hoping for a better result next week.

Hey guys

How you all feeling - end of the second week! Anymore weightloss updates?

I feel a bit frazzled this week - don't think i gymmed enough but i have eaten healthy - maybe a little too much? Who knows!! Gonna weigh-in tomorrow but at the moment i'm having porridge and banana and i have soup for lunch. Will hit the gym after work tonight in an effort to shift some last minute lard :rofl:

Last week i managed 2 sessions at the gym - this week it'll be 3. Maybe next week i'll go for 4!

Next week will be better for me - i'm on day 6 of a 10 day shift so have a nice long weekend to look forward to and i can every one of those days, especially as DH is working on the Saturday!

Good luck for your weigh ins this week girls! :wohoo:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->