The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Thanks RN. We feel the same way. How we got here gets overshadowed by our little one anyways. Had my 30 week appointment today and everything is still looking good. Unfortunately, I failed my 1 hour glucose test last week so this Friday will be wasted sitting in the lab taking the 3 hour test. Oh what fun...

Chat - Glad to hear from you! Hopefully you get great results!

Omg!! It has been forever since I have been on here. like over a year..Last time I was on here I think I was either pregnant or just had my son.. How's everyone doing? Life with a one year is so much different!!

Hey Baby4u!

Long time!!! I just recently came back on to this site, too!!! I have to say, I miss getting on here everyday and having so much to catch up on.

I know how that goes. Our daughter is 14 months old and keeps us busy!
How have you been???

Rae - How are you doing??

Ugh, not so well. I found out today that I failed my glucose test so I have gestational diabetes. Now I'm second guessing everything I eat.

Hey Baby4u!

Long time!!! I just recently came back on to this site, too!!! I have to say, I miss getting on here everyday and having so much to catch up on.

I know how that goes. Our daughter is 14 months old and keeps us busy!
How have you been???

Rae - How are you doing??

Awww I just realized my son will be 14 months in 4 days. I been okay...kind of having another scare right now and its a little nerve racking..

Oh Rae - I'm so sorry! Did the doc give you guidelines for what kind of diet you need to follow?? The good thing is that it should resolve itself after pregnancy. I'm sure baby will be fine. This happens to a lot of women.
:hugs:

Baby - what do you meana nother scare?? Are you thinking you're pregnant again???

I have an appointment with the diabetes center on Friday where I should find out more. I have PCOS with insulin resistance so I already followed a similar diet before I was pregnant. I believe they allow you more carbs in pregnancy though since they're important. Not really looking forward to having to check my blood sugar multiple times a day but I'll do what I have to.

I can only imagine. That is the one thing I can't stand is having my finger pricked. But like you said, you'll do what you need to do. And any of us would. Healthy mommy = healthy baby!!! :hugs:
Let us know what they tell you on Friday.
Other than that, how are you feeling?? Have you gained a lot of weight?
Does baby move a lot??

Baby moves a ton lately. It seems like in the last week or two she's gotten a lot more mobile or maybe she's just big enough now that I feel it more. I've gained about 17 lbs so far so not too much which is good since a side effect of the diabetes can be a larger baby. Lets hope not!

I hate the finger pricks too! I didn't like giving myself the shots for IVF but they really didn't hurt, I could care less about blood draws now, but the finger pricks I've had so far hurt the most! And, my fingertips seem to take forever to heal.

Well.....my CD21 bloodwork on my first cycle of Clomid did not make me ovulate according to my doctor. Progesterone 8.8
She upped my dose for next cycle. I will be on 100mg of Clomid CD 3-7.
FX it works!

I could have swore that I ovulated. Not only did I get a positive OPK all throughout CD16. Immediately after that I began with the sore nipples & light cramping. I'm hoping the Clomid at least did something this cycle to get my body in gear for next cycle.

Here's to next month! :thumbup:

RN - Good luck for the next cycle! Clomid made me ovulate on 50mg and I didn't even need the trigger shot we had planned on. But, since we were doing IUI I was monitored the whole time so we knew exactly what was happening and when. Hopefully bumping up the dose does the trick for you.

So I've been dealing with this gestational diabetes for just over a week now. It sucks and is really annoying to have to track everything, monitor my food and blood sugar, and eat at certain times. I think it is going to start getting better though. They let me try it out with diet and exercise for a week since my sugar is just barely over the norm but my fasting levels were consistently just a couple points over my limit no matter what I tried so I'm now on an absurdly low dose of insulin over night to help keep my fasting levels down.

I thought I would hate being on the insulin injections but I actually don't even feel them. The finger pricks for my blood testing hurt worse. It's more in my mind than anything else. And, having my levels in the right range is making me feel much better. I was getting really frustrated with trying to get my sugar low enough for each meal but it seems my fasting levels were just throwing me off for the day.

Also found out the other day that baby is head down so hopefully she stays that way for the next few weeks.

That's great that you don't have to take insulin with every meal!
I feel you about the finger sticks...hate them! But it's only for a limited time! :thumbup:

Yay for baby being head down!!! My daughter flipped multiple times and ended up head down again right before we had her. Sneaky little thing!

Anybody still around? Popped on for the first time in ages. Hope you're all doing well. :)

I'm still around. How are you, Lisa? How's you little man doing?

Hi Lisa! How are you? We have a new mummy thread you might wanna join. See above.

Rae - Haven't been on since you had the baby! Congratulations! What's her name, how is everything?

Things are good here! Alex is 14 months, walking all over the place and talking up a storm. Still working full-time. Busy busy busy! :)

So happy things are going well! My daughter's name is Haylee. She's a little joy. Definitely a lot of work being a mommy! I'm working part time now so I have more time with her. I can't wait until she starts talking! All we get right now is Dada and nana and a lot of squealing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->