The BFP Before The 'Would Of Been' Due Date Thread - Any Joiners?

Eeks.. at least it wasn't a moose!! Those things are deadly up here.

Deer are deadly to! Maybe not as often as a moose though, those are some big animals!

Yo kate! Was it you that had the choroid plexus cyst discovered at an u/s? If so can you remind me of the details?

Kelly, that was me. I wrote a whole long post and then lost it, so here's a shorter version... The cysts aren't actually a problem themselves, but they can be a soft marker for Trisomy 18. They are seeing them in about 1-3% of ultrasounds. Almost all cases of Trisomy 18 have other anatomical abnormalities, so if cysts are found they'll look for these abnormalities. If none are found, the risk of Trisomy 18 is about 1% or less. If you had a quad marker test done (or do after the scan, it's still valid until about 25 weeks or so) that has a lower risk, they're considering that more accurate. Some doctor's aren't even telling parents when the cysts are found if there are no abnormalities because they think it's becoming more common to find them as ultrasounds get better. The cycsts can also disappear from week to week, so it's possible to see them or not see them just depending on when your scan is done.

They found bilateral cysts on my 19 week ultrasound, but baby looked perfect in every other way. My OB said they find the cysts fairly routinely, but she's never had a case of Trisomy 18 where there weren't clear abnormalities. My quad marker screen came back as negative (<1%) so the baby should be just fine.

^ thanks, thats what they told me. Everything has checked out perfectly with tulip :)

Glad everything is ok :) how is everyone?

Jess - hoping you have that perfect little baby girl!!

Well I'm sick and my son won't nap so I'm not that great at the moment.... urgh.

Soooo tired. We started the nursery the other day and we painted it today, plus did a little "decor" shopping. Pile that on top of excruciating BH/cramps yesterday and not a very good night's sleep and I'm a cranky mamma today. Wish I had a day to relax but there is just too much to get done, and I still have to work!

Sam do you have nursery pics to share with us?? We got the major stuff done this week for ours, just have a few finishing touches to get--curtains, hamper, and a rug. Here's ours:

Attachments

• DSC_0106.jpg
    DSC_0106.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_0352.jpg
    DSC_0352.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 5
blakesmom I love it!

I'm sad I don't actually get to do a nursery this time since we'll be in force housing when we move, I can't paint or anything... I guess I could find some nice wall decals though... or petition to be allowed to paint. Her crib will be beautiful in any case.

Kelly I based the tree mural off of a wall decal sticker actually--they have some neat stuff out there--Painting was cheaper for us--the tree sticker was smaller and $30ish...paint came in at just about $7 for the tree and we have lots of left overs!!

Oooh, that's a cool room, blakesmom. I love the little woodland creatures. The tree is super neat too.

Kelly, we did decals, they were awesome :)

Blakesmom, adorable decorating job! Loving it!

Sam, hoping you can rest more tomorrow and those pesky BHs piss off!

Jess, hoping you had enolah!!

Carebear, doing okay, would sooooo love a good nights sleep.... How are you holding up?

hi ladies,
im new to this site!
and was wondering if i could join this thread, as i would love advice about all ur experiences really!
basically its still early days for us as i only lost my lil boy on tues!
i was 21 weeks and had to give birth to him as he had a severe brain condition! :(
worst day of my life tbh and i no u all have been threw similar!
just wondered to start with how long u all waited to start ttc again?
xxxx

Blakesmom - its beautiful!! Love the decor!

Sam and lomelly - hope you both find time to rest. Lomelly - how's liam's schedule? Guess he's definitely not gonna sleep thru the night anytime soon! Has he gained any weight? The weather stinks this week in the area. Hope u guys are keeping dry! I'm doing good, I guess. I'm anxious to actually start ttc for real. Though I'm convinced that OH is gonna back out now and we'll argue. We'll see. I haven't had much time with him since last week and I had to work today (ya saturday!! Boooo). Hoping we get some alone time tonight ;)

Ilovemyharry - welcome to the thread and I'm so sorry for ur loss :hugs: it definitely is the worst day to lose something so precious and I'm sending a load of :dust: your way for the future. I know the docs probably said to wait until you heal, probably a few cycles? But honestly once you are ready, I'd say go for it. Whether its 1 month or 10. Give yourself lots of time to heal emotionally too. Myself, I was forced to wait these 11 months since it was OH who I couldn't convince to try again. He was so scared after my early loss and seeing me in so much pain + depression after. I was probably ready maybe 2 months after to try again.

Hey ladies I hope you are all doing ok? Just thought I'd let you all know Sophia was born this morning at 7.15am weighing 7lb 11oz will update properly when I get time as she's being a little monkey & has been constantly feeding & refusing to settle since her birth! xx

congrats camlet!! can't wait for an update

ilovemyharry, I second what carebear said. they only tell you to wait for dating purposes, you can try any time you feel ready. sorry about your loss :hugs:

Hey ladies I hope you are all doing ok? Just thought I'd let you all know Sophia was born this morning at 7.15am weighing 7lb 11oz will update properly when I get time as she's being a little monkey & has been constantly feeding & refusing to settle since her birth! xx

CONGRATS on baby Sophia!!! Will you be posting a birth story?? I hope everything went well and she settles in soon for you!! :happydance:

hi ladies,
im new to this site!
and was wondering if i could join this thread, as i would love advice about all ur experiences really!
basically its still early days for us as i only lost my lil boy on tues!
i was 21 weeks and had to give birth to him as he had a severe brain condition! :(
worst day of my life tbh and i no u all have been threw similar!
just wondered to start with how long u all waited to start ttc again?
xxxx

So very sorry for your loss!! There are a few ladies that have had late losses on here that can probably offer more support than I can. I personally had a partial molar pregnancy and found out @ 11 weeks 6 days that babe didn't have a heartbeat and was only measuring 10 weeks 6 days. Had the D&C 4 days later and then about 2 1/2 weeks later got the news that it was a partial molar pregnancy and we were originally told to wait 1 year before TTC again. We started NTNP for a few cycles once my hCG levels were "normal" again and then actively trying and fell pregnancy 5 months post d&c. Now on the count down to our rainbow baby due Nov. 28th--less than 5 weeks to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->