The BFP Before The 'Would Of Been' Due Date Thread - Any Joiners?

Yay for team blue!!!! Congrats!

Blessed you can make it to tuesday I know you can. Great deals and easy shopping to :)

I have a sick little boy so got zero sleep last night, he's down for the night now but he's been stirring so I think it's going to be another rough night which sucks cause I work tomorrow. Going to try to pick up a maternity support belt tomorrow to anything to help with my aches and pains.

3xblessed, I don't feel bad for those Walmart workers at all. I had to work Thanksgiving too, and nobody feels bad for me :( I'd rather deal with the crazy customers at Walmart then clean old people's butts like I do :rofl:

Congrats on team blue missmummy!!

AFM, nothing going on. I don't think this baby is planning on coming out anytime soon. I haven't even had any random contractions lately or anything. Still just TONS of pressure when I'm up doing things.

I'm back from Thanksgiving in FL! Loved seeing family, took a TON of pictures, but I must say I never want to travel south for Thanksgiving again because multiple times we got stuck for 30-60 minutes in traffic because of accidents (mostly just one person accidents). It was very frustrating with a fusy toddler in a car sitting still.

Sam, when are you on maternity leave?

When I go into labor. :rofl: Seriously, my dd is 12-12 and my last day of work is 12-14. I only get 6 weeks off so hopefully she doesn't make me wait any longer then that. If I have to be induced it won't be until 12-26 (unless I can convince my doctor to do it sooner) and I'd only have 4 weeks at home with her. :nope: Wish I could take off work now, it's a bit physically demanding on a largely pregnant woman to be running around lifting on old people all day.

Only six weeks? That's so little. How come you don't get longer? X

Well I haven't been at my job for a year so I don't qualify for FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) which would give me up to 12. So instead I get a "long term sick leave" which is only good for 6 weeks. Normally the bosses at my job only let us take 6-8 weeks off anyways.

They don't "do" mat leave really in the states unless it's provided by the employer. Sam I hope she comes sooner so you can have more time with her.

I will take whatever I have leave for.. so probably 2 months.. maybe 3 if I can do some working from home.

I'm a stay-at-home mom currently but I'll be taking college classes online as of January to complete my bachelor's. When this baby comes I'll probably take 5 weeks off of college courses in order to reenergize and get into a schedule I can manage. Unfortunately, if my DH gets injured or killed (eek!) in action during this upcoming deployment I will have to get a part-time job until my degree is finished and then find full-time work.

Hopefully I will be updating tomorrow with a baby pic--I go in this evening to start my induction---eekkkk!! Sam I feel for ya with the short leave. I'm only taking 8 weeks and today was my first day and I was almost in tears since I don't have a baby here yet--it goes by so fast when the deadline is sooo short.

yay good luck blakesmum

I feel very lucky to live in the UK sometimes.

I hope it goes well, Blakesmom!

Sam, I hope you little girl comes soon!

I'm taking 12 weeks (through FMLA), but my company doesn't pay for anything. I've been paying for short term disability since I started, so I can take sick leave for the first week, then short term disability for 5 weeks (or 7 if I end up needing a c-section) at 60% of my normal salary, then the next 6 weeks are completely unpaid. I'm glad that I get to take off the full 12 weeks, but we'll definitely be dipping into our savings a bit. At 10 weeks or so DH will be stopping working so he cane get into the swing of baby care before I go back to work (since DH is going to be staying home with the baby).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->