The BFP Before The 'Would Of Been' Due Date Thread - Any Joiners?

Ooooh, so exciting, blakesmom! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

I too am very thankful to live in Canada where I get a full year of mat leave if I so choose. I might go back earlier with this next baby, though, mostly because I want to show my boss that I am serious about the job.

I'm super stoked for you blakesmom, I hope it all goes smoothly :)

Yeah, mat leave in the states is kind of a joke. I don't get anything "paid" but I'm forced to use all my sick time AND paid time off while I'm gone, so I'll be starting the year with a newborn and no sick pay. It's definitely not an ideal situation.

AFM, I feel like all I do these days is complain. I'm so miserable :( The last few weeks of pregnancy is definitely not fun for my body! I'm just no good at it I think :haha:

Oh, sam! I had a relatively easy pregnancy, but it was so hard for me to not complain during those last few weeks! Your body is just getting ready for the labour and delivery, so it's a good thing. But it hurts like heck, I know. You are almost there! You can do it!

Is it normal to have a large size change between 23 and 25 weeks? Also is it normal for the belly to drop some? I asked bc not sure if this is something to mention to doctor. I have been having horrible back, pelvis, hip pain that at times makes it insanely difficult to walk. Baby still moving good and no discharge so docs said not to worry. Appointment is Wednesday morning.

:hi: everyone! Sorry its been a while since I last posted! Life with 3 kids is a bit crazy lol so I don't normally get much time but have still been silently stalking! Just wanted to say good luck blakesmom I hope it all goes well & look forward to seeing pics! :) xx

Good luck and cant wait for pics Blakesmom!

Well I'm a bit shaken. Had a very weird dream that was very vivid except for it was in the 1800s. In the dream I discovered that a drunk man had beaten my daughter nearly to death with his cane and there was no doctor nearby. Then only 10 minutes ago I had to do the Heimlick on my daughter, followed by sticking my finger down her throat to make her throw up the piece of popcorn that was stuck in her throat.

I called and told DH about it and he told me straight forward that if she died he probably wouldnt live.

Good luck and cant wait for pics Blakesmom!

Well I'm a bit shaken. Had a very weird dream that was very vivid except for it was in the 1800s. In the dream I discovered that a drunk man had beaten my daughter nearly to death with his cane and there was no doctor nearby. Then only 10 minutes ago I had to do the Heimlick on my daughter, followed by sticking my finger down her throat to make her throw up the piece of popcorn that was stuck in her throat.

I called and told DH about it and he told me straight forward that if she died he probably wouldnt live.

:hugs::hugs:

How awful. First that horrible dream and then that close call with your daughter. I've read your story elsewhere and I'm so glad that your daughter is OK. Your DH's comment makes me :cry:.

Sweetz, are you sure you've dropped or is your belly just popping? I started to pop around 25 weeks too. Do tell the doc about the pain though, do you think it could be SPD?

Camlet, glad things are going so well for you! :)

Uff armymama :hugs:

Sweetz with my son there was a noticeable difference between 23-25 weeks like wowzers I popped. I'd say get that maternity support belt and I bet it'll help wonders with your pain.

LOL I'm Norwegian (well 25% Norwegian) and now I get it. Thought it was an acronym lol.

Well I am having serious period like cramping that goes into my lower back. I know the chances are extremely low to miscarry at 13 weeks and 4 days but honestly I'm nervous.

good luck blakesmom!! can't wait to see some pics!!

seriously, the US needs to reform its views on women taking maternity leave. how do you not get unemployment especially for that?? I hope that's something that's addressed in the near future, I really feel for you guys.

armymama, I also had back pains, but almost whole pregnancy. it stemmed from my job (which was pretty physical).. maybe you bent the wrong way or did something too strenuous? hope you're feeling better.

carebear, how about that snow!!! hahaha. I complained last year we had none for Christmas and now it looks like the white stuff is sticking around. I hope it snows for Christmas!!

anyone started their Christmas shopping yet??

I doubt the US will ever reform to that point.. or if they will do, it will be by the time I am out of my fertile period. Most employers offer Short term disability as well as long term disability so you can receive some benefits while on leave up to 12 weeks I think? Mine offers Short term, but they also told me, the last time I was pregnant that they would allow me to work from home and bring baby in here from time to time, so I can take more time off. So I will take full advantage. I would like to take 3 months off (working from home/bring baby into work including) .. I don't plan on leaving my job, so I wouldn't qualify for unemployment anyways.

Will update more later from my laptop but Lukas is here and in my arms right now. Best feeling in the world to have my rainbow here--love to you all

Yay blakesmom!!!!!!! <3

Start christmas shopping? I'm done! Been done for ages lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->