The BFP Before The 'Would Of Been' Due Date Thread - Any Joiners?

You are supposed to sleep on your side in order to not cut off blood or oxygen supply to the baby.

With DS I was only ever able to sleep on my right side even though that's the "evil" side in pregnancy. I don't know what it is, but sleeping on my left side made me extra nauseous and it just plain hurt like the dickens! And this was only First Tri! Once I got huge it hurt even more -- like his little limbs were puncturing every vital organ in the body. I knew that this was my last chance to get good sleeps so I just flipped onto my right side. I don't know if it hurt him or not so I'm not saying to ignore doctors' advice. I was just trying to survive.

blakesmom, congrats on your precious little Lukas. Loving his name!

kate, I LOL'd at that really hard. bladestorm?? autocorrect!!

carebear, you have to work outside that much??? ick! I find when it rains it just gets damp and even colder, so I prefer snow as well. I kinda wish it would snow more! (after I get my snow tires on).. Christmas shopping is almost done, DH decided to buy himself a golf club on the black friday sales and declare that it was his Christmas gift from me... I wasn't too pleased, until I picked my own gift out :haha: know what you're getting everyone else?

Blech, I'm suddenly starting to feel big and uncomfortable. I need to get working on finishing the nursery or I'm not sure it will get done!

You are supposed to sleep on your side in order to not cut off blood or oxygen supply to the baby.

Yes, but I've never been told that you absolutely 100% have to sleep on your side all the time. If you are in the wrong position your body will let you know I think.

Starry, I sleep on my right side now too. It's just more comfortable for me. I read somewhere an old wive's tale is left side=boy, right side=girl but that's obviously not true!!

Kate, I agree, try to get stuff done before you get TOO big and uncomfortable. I don't even do the dishes anymore, I just can't be bothered with any of it.

AFM, another doc appt today. She didn't check me or anything but she said she couldn't feel the baby's head when she was feeling my tummy. I asked to be stripped but she said she would "think" about doing it next week. She's on call until Sunday so I was really hoping she would help me along a bit, because now it won't be my doctor delivering Iz :(

Yeah the whole must sleep on side thing is a little over done. The biggest issue is to avoid being completely on your back for prolonged periods. I sleep best on my stomach and still am sleeping mostly on my stomach at nearly 24 weeks and it's not uncomfortable but other then that I'm mostly on my right side. I do try to avoid my back for long periods so I'll tuck my mat pillow under just a little bit, enough to lift me so I'm slightly on an angle. I did this with my son to and he was perfect. Your body will let you know if it's uncomfortable most of the time.

Yeah...sleeping on my back started to hurt in the second trimester. And by 24 weeks I was huuuuuge and I'm not just saying that. Others felt the need to tell me too. ;) I'd show a photo but I'm shy. LOL

I tried not to sleep on my back if only so I didn't snore as badly. My poor husband. He's already informed me that he plans to sleep on the couch once I reach the snoring stage this time around. :blush:

^^ :rofl:

Had a tough day at work, and was hoping it would put me into labor but NOPE! Not even one freaking contraction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I give up hoping to go into labor. I'm just going to think that I'm going to go over and need to be induced. And yes, I'm throwing a temper tantrum right now :haha:

I always had it in the back of my mind that my *actual* due date was 2 weeks after the "real" one. That way I wouldn't be too upset if I went over (and I did!). But it does suck just sitting around waiting for what feels like a looooooong time. I feel for yah!

Yep, time is going soooo slow because the only thing I really have to look forward to now is labor (and maybe my last day of work -- but that's still two weeks away). Before it was scans, my shower, etc. Nothing fun anymore, and the nursery is all set up so I have nothing to obsess over anymore either :wacko:

Hopefully the next few weeks go by fast for you.. waiting is no fun!!!

Got a bad BFP this morning. Why won't this end???!! I love my little Sweet Pea but I want her to rest in peace. And I want my rainbow to come. I'm also bleeding a lot. It's just as heavy as a period now (and mine are quite heavy)

Starry, when are you seeing a doctor again? It really sounds like you've retained something and need investigating x

Starry, did they do a pelvic check to make sure you passed everything and then an ultrasound to make sure your uterine walls arent too thick?

I've announced my pregnancy on FB! I have a link to the picture I posted to announce if anyone wants to see (I understand if some people dont).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->