The Birth of Aeri

N

nicholatmn

(Aeri is her nickname... it would be easy to google her and find me on BNB if I wrote out her full name!) :flower:

It kind of started Monday at 37+2 weeks. I started losing loads of mucus plug... I was walking up loads of stairs the day before, so I figured it did the trick. :)
Tuesday, I went to the midwife and she tested me for GSB and checked to see if I was dilated. I was! 3 cm and 75% effaced.She said hopefully she'll be here before her due date so that she wont be over 9lbs.
Wednesday morning, I had a clear out. I thought I was imagining it, but it came out of nowhere. So I knew something was going to happen! I was tired all day, and took a nice nap. I never take naps in the day.
Thursday morning, I woke up with a stomach ache again. Went to the bathroom, but nothing. Went back to bed. I heard some pops and figured they were gas pops. Got up to go to the bathroom, and felt wetness in my panties. Went to the bathroom and sure enough, all wet! Now since my husband is gone in the Army, I live with my parents. I woke my Mom and told her. She told me to call the labor ward. No one believed me since it was only a trickle. But I knew it was. You can't pee out of two different holes. lol! It was about 4:15am when my waters broke. Already having bad back pains! I called my husband and he set up the plane tickets to get down here ASAP.
So we set out to go to the hospital. We stop buy McDonalds and got something small. On the way there, Mom had to stop the van 3 times. I kept dropping my food and needed to get out of the van to reach the floor to pick it up. lol!
So we finally manage to make it there. They bring me to my room and check my waters. The test stick said negative, but the lady said it's probably wrong since she sees water pooling down there. So she tested it in the lab and came back. Yes, my water did break.
And they admitted me.
They put me on a drip and told me I tested positive for GSB. So I got antibiotics for that. I kept having to pee and my back aches got even worse.
They checked me at 7:30ish and I was still 3cm. They told me my water technically broke prematurely (37+4 is premature??), so they will induce me at 9am. I argued with them and begged them to let me do this without it. They said if nothing progressed by 9, that they would induce me. I agreed. 9am came around and I was 4... almost 5cm dilated. So they induced me. Within 30 minutes, I had the worst back labor in the world! I couldn't move, see, hear... anything! It felt like someone was kicking me with a steel toe boot and I had to sit there and accept it. I asked for the epidural. I got it and the lady asked how the next contraction was. I didn't even feel it! It worked straight away! I loved it! I could feel everything but my back and bottom areas. It was as if I was not in labor at all! Loved it!
Anyway, 3 hours later, they checked me and I was already 10cm dilated and fully effaced. Her head was still in the -1 station though.
My husband wasn't here yet, so we were going to labor down. I basically sit upright until her head comes all the way down. We were hoping to buy time so my husband could make it to birth. Aeri's heart rate dropped so they put me on oxygen. And then it lowered a bit later, so I had to lay turned on the side a little. Her heart rate then went back up.
My husband's plane was delayed, so we figured we might try pushing. We did 10 practice pushes, and then waited an hour to start real pushing. The nurse and my Mom held my legs and let me push. It was difficult as my contractions never were steady... But soon they started seeing hair. So they got me my mirror. Once I saw that, I started pushing as hard as I could. Only took 6 pushes and the top of her head came out. They called the doctor and she rushed in to deliver the baby! As she went down there, I guess my body couldn't hold her in anymore and she just kind of slid out! :) She was born at 5:01pm (My husband's plane landed at 5:04pm). She weighs 7lbs 11.5 ounces and is 19 5/8" long. She is slightly jaundice, but doing well.
My body had 3rd degree tears in 3 places and the doctor was nervous the whole time. I was bleeding and it wouldn't stop. She had to shove her whole hand and arm up there. It was weird looking at that in the mirror. lol At the end, I lost more blood than normal, but everything worked out. Both Aeri and I are healthy and she goes for her appointment tomorrow to check on her jaundice. :)

:happydance:

Just saw your post in Jacs siggy thread so hunted down your birth announcement!

Congratulations :flower: she's a little beauty xxx

:happydance: she's beautiful well done!!! Gutted M didn't make it in time, but by the looks of your pics on fb he is loving being a daddy :)

Well done xxxx

:happydance:

Just saw your post in Jacs siggy thread so hunted down your birth announcement!

Congratulations :flower: she's a little beauty xxx

:haha: i just did exactly the same!!

congratulations hun shes gorgeous. :flower: well done!! xxx

Just saw your signature in my journal! Congratulations mummy! :hugs: I'm so, so happy for you :cloud9:

I can't believe how much hair Aeri has :D

Told you epidurals rock!:haha: Glad shes here safe and sound and you are all doing well!:hugs:

Well done and congrats on the birth of your daughter -she is gorgeous, I LOVE her hair

xxx

oh wow congrats and what a beautiful little girl xxxx

I am so glad everything went well...minus the tears! She is beautiful! Congrats again!

congrats on little Aeri - she's just beautiful. Glad to hear you are all doing well now!

she is so gorgeous!! congrats!!!! so happy for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->