The Bread Diet

julietz

Reaction score
Ok so any of you heard of this, and what do you think? i was going to give it a go, bread rly fills me, and would satisfy my savoury cravings.

https://www.everydiet.org/diet/bread-for-life/comment-page-1#comment-184627

just found this review when looking up the boom at amazon and its so true -

Of the bad reviews I've read, I can tell that the writers of these reviewers have not read the actual book. You need to read the entire book to see how it works and understand it. This diet works by increasing the consumption of whole grains, such as whole grain breads or pastas, to increase serotonin levels and keep them up. Protein and sugars raise serotonin quickly but soon after it drops fast. Serotonin controls things such as moods, but also can contribute to hunger. The increased serotonin levels cause you to not feel as hungry along with the fact that you eat every three to four hours.

If you doubt the science or healthfulness behind this diet, read the book first. Saying that people who say low carb diets make them feel sick are just whining is a bunch of crap. I could hardly last a week on a low carb diet without feeling tired, cranky, unhappy, and sick. Some people handle these things better that others.

I also highly recommend this diet for those suffering from depression. I've been battling depression and anxiety for a few months now and since I've started this diet, I've never felt better. The increase in serotonin levels along with increasing physical activity in conjunction with any professional treatment you've been perscribed by a doctor can be a wonderful therapy for these diseases. Not to mention it's helping me to lose the weight I've gained after months of eating ice cream and cookies when I was sad, which ended up being a daily occurance for awhile!

So, in conclusion, I highly recommend this for carb lovers and if you doubt this diet, read the book. The concept seems much healthier, in my opinion, than Atkins.

I'm glad this diet works for you. I think it's a reasonable, nutritious diet that could work for many people. Might be a little low in calories since it limits protein so much, but adding in plenty of the healthy fats allowed should help with that. I don't think it's a miracle diet. It's just disguised as such. It's an easy way to limit your calories and carb intake. Yes, this diet is actually much lower in carbs that a traditional "food pyramid" type diet as 12 slices of lite bread only has about 114 carbs. It could easily be achieved by subbing any of your favorite starches for bread if you stick to the same calorie level, like 6 potatoes a day, etc. But all in all, good for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->