The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

I am starting my first round of clomid (50mg) on cycle day 5-9. I just finished Provera on monday and about an hour or so ago I went to the bathroom and had a few drops of red blood and it was slightly pink when I wiped. (TMI, but it is what it is, right) Is today Day 1 or should I wait until it is more like a full flow?

AH this all so new to me and Im anxios/excited/nervous about the side effects, whether I will actually O this cycle, if Ill be seeing a BFP soon, etc....

Good luck to all of you taking clomid!

Hi Missangie! I hope I can offer some help on the above. In 2008 I did 6 rounds of Clomid and ovulated every single month but AF was never like a full on period. I'd have a day of spotting then the next day maybe a bit heavier (nothing to warrant a 'full' flow though then the last day again spotting. I told my doctor AF was only lasting maybe 2-3 days and he said don't worry but treat THE FIRST DAY of any bleeding (weather it be brown/pink/red) as CD1 and then he told me to take the Clomid from CD2! The last month I did it this way and got blessed with my son :happydance:

I'm now on CD16 of a new cycle and no side effects to report really on 100mg days 5-9 - had some minor right ovary twinges yesterday but not sure if I was simply symptom spotting! Good luck I'm sure you'll get your baba soon! xx

oh ok ill try from my pc later on.i need to show u all

but yeh it was my first urine of the day at 7:30am and it came back ,well i would say not even faint.obvious line. not as dark as the other but defo there. i shall test later on when im home at 5 .
but how weird if i have O this early?!!! right?

xxx

Hi everyone,

No I dont mind scerena, I'm 28 and I'm also using conceive+ we like it, how old are you?

missangie, my dr told me I may not have much of a period so I am to count the first day of ANYTHING as CD1, hope this helps

welshgem, fingers crossed for you, sounds promising keep us posted when you next test

Good luck and fingers crossed to all the girls who are waiting for af to start, who are taking it now (hope the side affects are not punishing you too much) and who are in their tww

Hope to see many BFP's on this thread, we all deserve it xx

oh ok ill try from my pc later on.i need to show u all

but yeh it was my first urine of the day at 7:30am and it came back ,well i would say not even faint.obvious line. not as dark as the other but defo there. i shall test later on when im home at 5 .
but how weird if i have O this early?!!! right?

xxx

oh Holi, keep testing! sounds good and get :sex: lol

xx

Lily - im baby/dog sitting tonight so it may get awkard lol. hopefully we can when get home in the early hours lol :D what doasge are u on? xx

Holi- I always get a line quite dark aswell but they have to be darker or the same as control line x

Lily- morning! I'm 24 oh is 27, I took my first pill today for this round :) conceive plus is great isn't it! x

I wasn't a big fan of Conceive Plus. I bought it for this cycle and we used it all of once. I'm going to persevere cos I don't think I produce much (if any) EWCM but OH said it felt like his bits were burning and aftwards, my bits felt all swollen for a day or 2 after! Wonder if I'm allergic to it?! xx

Omg I think you're allergic Hun ? it shouldn't be doing that to you I haven't heard of that happening to people...
And a tube has last us this month and still got loads left- but everyone is different
X

scerena - Oh thanks,def didnt know that.
i was far too alseep to read the instructions this morning lol

i'll do another this eve and hopefully i'll start seeing a difference in the next few days .

xx

Omg I think you're allergic Hun ? it shouldn't be doing that to you I haven't heard of that happening to people...
And a tube has last us this month and still got loads left- but everyone is different
X

Oh yeah, we've got loads left, sorry maybe my post wasn't worded right - we didn't use it all in one go. But yeah I think you're right, I probably am allergic to it. I might give it one more go next cycle and see how I get on. Shame cos it's quite expensive for a one-off thing! x

I wasn't a big fan of Conceive Plus. I bought it for this cycle and we used it all of once. I'm going to persevere cos I don't think I produce much (if any) EWCM but OH said it felt like his bits were burning and aftwards, my bits felt all swollen for a day or 2 after! Wonder if I'm allergic to it?! xx

ooh hon that does not sound good!! I would maybe give it a miss. A whole tube does seem a lot though lol :winkwink:
We've used Preseed once or twice and it was fine for us - and as this is our first month of Clomid we'll be using it again!

I'm also using Guaifenesin this month (a particular cough syrup). That's supposed to help with EWCM, so might be better for you if you're allergic to the sperm-friendly lube? Also drinking grapefruit juice is supposed to help.

MissAngie - I don't really know when to take the Guaifenesin. I was maybe going to start around day 8 (I don't know when I ovulate) - if you do I would say a couple of days before ovulation should be ok? I'll let you know how I get on.

On CD5 so 4th 50mg Clomid pill (of round#1) tonight...still no side affects so not all that hopeful it's doing anything.

Scerena - how come you're taking your Clomid through the day now? I've been taking mine at nigth in case I had hot flushes, but if there's a reason to take it in the daytime I'd be interested to know!

COME ON OVARIES GET GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooh hon that does not sound good!! I would maybe give it a miss. A whole tube does seem a lot though lol :winkwink:
We've used Preseed once or twice and it was fine for us - and as this is our first month of Clomid we'll be using it again!

I'm also using Guaifenesin this month (a particular cough syrup). That's supposed to help with EWCM, so might be better for you if you're allergic to the sperm-friendly lube? Also drinking grapefruit juice is supposed to help.

MissAngie - I don't really know when to take the Guaifenesin. I was maybe going to start around day 8 (I don't know when I ovulate) - if you do I would say a couple of days before ovulation should be ok? I'll let you know how I get on.

On CD5 so 4th 50mg Clomid pill (of round#1) tonight...still no side affects so not all that hopeful it's doing anything.

Scerena - how come you're taking your Clomid through the day now? I've been taking mine at nigth in case I had hot flushes, but if there's a reason to take it in the daytime I'd be interested to know!

COME ON OVARIES GET GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, I obviously didn't word it very well - we didn't use the whole tube...I meant we have only used it once this cycle! xx

haha oh right!! I thought you'd got a bit carried away....you'd be all over the place with a full tube!!! :rofl:

Lily - im baby/dog sitting tonight so it may get awkard lol. hopefully we can when get home in the early hours lol :D what doasge are u on? xx

lol yes I can imagine that would be quite awkward! I am going to be on 50mg days 2-6, can't wait for AF so we can get started! FX for you, it is sounding really hopeful xx

Holi- I always get a line quite dark aswell but they have to be darker or the same as control line x

Lily- morning! I'm 24 oh is 27, I took my first pill today for this round :) conceive plus is great isn't it! x

Hope you are feeling okay after your first dose, yes we love conceive plus! x

How annoying - just phoned the fertility clinic to see if I could get my Day-21 blood results and initially when I phoned, they were closed for lunch so just called back to be greeted by the voicemail saying it's emergency calls only in the afternoon and to ring back on Monday! Grrr!

Hey justwantababy- no reason just wanted to see if it's any worse- so far nothing at all- on the leaflet my fs gave me it's says take in morning with breakfast- but I took it at 11am... What pull are you on now?

Lily- hey Hun! My first dose of 100mg thought I'd have bad side effects- nothing at all yet- but it's only day one so far lol. Nearly your time to start :)

Lol @ the sliding lol
X

Hey Scerena - I'll take clomid 50mg pill number 4 today (CD5) and my last one tomorrow. Roll on ovulation!!!

Wish I had some side affects - just to make me think it's working! Almost wish I'd started myself on 100mg now!! Booked my Day 21 blood test (actually cd22 as cd21 is a Sunday) today though so at leats feel like I'm doing something.

Welshgem - that is so annoying! You'd think they'd know better than to mess with hysterical TTCers!! Try to put it out of your head till Monday though chick.

And Lily7 - nearly half way through Provera for you now isn't it? I finished mine on the Friday and got AF on the Monday so hopefully you won't have to wait long!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->