The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

that is great news prettynpink29, glad you got the all clear! I had a Hycosey (no idea how you spell it!!) but she couldn't check my tubes because of gas!! There was no way I was letting it out!! They must have been clear anyway for me to have conceived naturally 3 months later.

I'm on CD16 today and STILL not + OPK. I dunno, just getting on with it as I always ovulated late on Clomid so maybe there's still a chance. It took 6 rounds last time so I'm in no rush!!! Good luck to you all looking forward to reading the outcomes of your cycles x

Oh roll on ovulation for you! are you having a scan and cd21 bloods? or the cd21 bloods on their own? I hope it works for you..fx!

Hey chick just cd21 bloods for me. Got my clomid from GP not fs (after consultant diagnosed pcos). Kind of wish I was being scanned tho so I knew what was going on, but just chuffed when I finally got clomid I wasn't going to complain!

Yes deffo at last you have your hands on the all important drugs! just make sure to :sex: often then cd21 bloods can confirm ovulation (isn't that right?) then you have all angles covered. I couldn't get anything out of my gp so we had to go private, they are going to do a scan between cd10-cd14 but he hasn't mentioned bloods? I think they all operate differently, I have seen girls on this board who are on clomid who aren't being monitored at all :hugs:

Scerena - yes on the countdown and I hope the clomid is kind to you if it does kick-in in a day or two :hugs:

Great news prettyinpink! good luck for this cycle :hugs:

xx

prettyinpink-that is great news!! one less thing to worry about! good luck this month!

Not sure when I prefer after this round I'll let u knw :)
I use opk's and was going to temp but forgot to take my temps for 2 days now lol, what about you?
My fs told me not to buy a monitor as it would be a waste of money as they're keeping track of my cycle- with scans and bloods etc...
I hope 100mg does it for us both and goodluck to all the Girlies on this thread :)
Xxx

I have been using opks and monitor.. I started trying to temp for a couple of weeks, but I find it a pain in the a**! I don't know why, but I just don't like it myself! lol. Yea it makes since for you not to buy a monitor since you are having ultrasounds and bloods.. Doctor actually told me that clomid is one of the medicines that can mess up the monitor.. I haven't decided yet if I am going to use it this cycle or just stick with opks and ultrasound...
My doctor also told me I should ovulate between cd12-16.. I hope its that easy, but is that the normal days for clomid??

that is great news prettynpink29, glad you got the all clear! I had a Hycosey (no idea how you spell it!!) but she couldn't check my tubes because of gas!! There was no way I was letting it out!! They must have been clear anyway for me to have conceived naturally 3 months later.

I'm on CD16 today and STILL not + OPK. I dunno, just getting on with it as I always ovulated late on Clomid so maybe there's still a chance. It took 6 rounds last time so I'm in no rush!!! Good luck to you all looking forward to reading the outcomes of your cycles x

lol gas?? You mean they filled your stomach full of gas??:dohh:

It took you 6 rounds to conceive last time?? Wow! I hope your BFP comes sooner this time, you deserve it!!! GOOD LUCK:hugs:

ladies do any of you know if you have to be a certain weight to be prescribed clomid???

ladies do any of you know if you have to be a certain weight to be prescribed clomid???

I am on the bigger side and I was prescribed clomid...I dont think weight is too much of an issue unless the patient is way under or way over weight...

do you mind me asking whats ur bmi??? im like 36 to 37 which is big, im kinda afraid they wont give it to me!

Well I am :shock: to say the least...

check out my chart...I o'ed on a normal cd and with only the 50mgs of clomid and no metformin... :shock:

I had to take 1500mgs of metformin and 150mgs of clomid to conceive my daughter last time, so I am shocked and amazed, at the very least.

Hubby and I were just relaxing and dtd whenever we wanted to this month because we were sure it wouldnt happen this cycle without the metformin and such a low dosage of clomid, but BAM I o'ed... :happydance:

Even if it doesnt happen this month, I know I will o on such a low dosage and I know that I have o pains and I will know that when I get the o pains it means to dtd, cause I am oing that day! I never knew when I was gonna o before, no physical signs, so I am like :happydance: and :shock:

Thanks for reading if you got this far...I feel like I am rambling! :wacko: Bu I had to tell somebody, and I knew u wonderful ladies would be the perfect group! :)

thanx :) just wanted to know if thee was ladies out there that had a bmi over 35 and was prescribed clomid????

do you mind me asking whats ur bmi??? im like 36 to 37 which is big, im kinda afraid they wont give it to me!

I have no idea... but I am big too! I am working on losing weight, but right now I am in a size 20...I know big, but my hubby loves me the weight I am and I am working on getting more comfortable in my own skin, so that is all that matters!

I was even bigger, I think, when I got prescribed it the 1st time, years ago, 2007, so I am sure about the weight thing...PCOS is what is making me bigger and that is common for women with PCOS...

I just wanted to stop by and say good luck to everyone on this thread. It took me almost 4 years to get pregnant, and I really don't think it would have happened without the help from Clomid.

My doctor prescribed me 50mg of Clomid to take for 3 months on CDs 5-9, however I kind of on my own decided to take it on CDs 3-7 as I had read where a lot of people had more success on those days than CDs 5-9. Anyways a long story short I took the clomid with provera one month then I got so disappointed after seeing a BFN that I decided to skip the next month. Then I took my second round of Clomid (alone with no provera because AF magically had started appearing on her own again.) The second month ended on BFN as well. Again I got so disappointed that I decided to skip a month again. By then i finally got up the strength to take the last round. Thanks God that is when I got my BFP.So far everything has went perfect since I got my BFP.

I wish all of you girls lots of luck and hang in there and don't give up.

wh thats positive :) i keep getting told cos im big i will never get pregnant ect.... so hopefully thats not the case!!!

wh thats positive :) i keep getting told cos im big i will never get pregnant ect.... so hopefully thats not the case!!!

Whoever told u that is wayyyyy wrong.... I am the proud mother of 3 children(I gave up 1 son for adoption!) so it is not true at all!!!

Good Luck!!!

I think I got pregnant the first time cause of clomid as well, I took it one cycle and got bfn but then didn't take the next cycle and got pregnant... i put it up to clomid cause without having taken it I would have never felt ovulation either month.

Now I'm ttc #2 and took clomid this cycle, I am hoping it will work as this is our last cycle ttc before we start ICSI treatment.

Hi Libra Mariah it's lovely to hear success stories like that!

And ScooterKat yay for ov'ing. I'm just starting on 50mg so really hope it works for me too!

Babygirl89 I don't think docs are too fussed about weight for clomid. If anything i'm almost underweight and they never even weighed me before they prescribed it.

Kelly9 n how long have u been ttc#2? Looks like u did a good job with #1... beautiful pic!

xxx

Hi Girlies!
Welcome all newbies :)
So many people have replied since I've been on- I'm glad this thread is going really well I never thought it would move this fast when I started it!
Libra Mariah- thanks for the success story it brings us hope :)
Just took my second pill- so far no side effects unlike last cycle I think I prefer 100mg
Xx

Hi Girlies!
Welcome all newbies :)
So many people have replied since I've been on- I'm glad this thread is going really well I never thought it would move this fast when I started it!
Libra Mariah- thanks for the success story it brings us hope :)
Just took my second pill- so far no side effects unlike last cycle I think I prefer 100mg
Xx

Hi Scerena
Funny you say that - as you know on 50mg I had hot flashes that would wake me up at night - but on 100mg nothing. Am on cd 12 today. Fx-ed for both of us this cycle! xx :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->