The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

hey ladies do you mind if i join you? im currently waiting to start clomid no idea when will happen as af seems to of gone awol again so has ov:shrug: been told to take clomid cd 3-7 and then scan on day 10

best of luck!! when was AF due? why did your doctor prescribed clomid?
:hugs:

hey ladies do you mind if i join you? im currently waiting to start clomid no idea when will happen as af seems to of gone awol again so has ov:shrug: been told to take clomid cd 3-7 and then scan on day 10

i have pcos very irregular cycles before the metformin i was on my cycles were up to 100 days + they taperd to 35 days but now shes taken me off it as she didnt think it was working she wanted ov to be sooner then day 21-23 so took me off the metformin and has put me on clomid for next cycle BUT my cycle this month isnt co-operating at all and not sure when or if i will ov :shrug:

i have pcos very irregular cycles before the metformin i was on my cycles were up to 100 days + they taperd to 35 days but now shes taken me off it as she didnt think it was working she wanted ov to be sooner then day 21-23 so took me off the metformin and has put me on clomid for next cycle BUT my cycle this month isnt co-operating at all and not sure when or if i will ov :shrug:

I don't have PCOS but my OV is later than what my OBG wanted it to be also... I wonder what causes it..... :shrug:
Well, "try" (I know it is not easy) not to stress... AF will show up sooner than later!!!
good luck!

@jme84, no not yet, my doctor wanted to wait until after I have had my scan, which is tomorrow, and if it does indeed show cysts then she will put me on it.

I have also heard that metformin can be super helpful. I have normal blood sugar levels, but pretty sure I am insulin resistant, which would be where the metformin came in.

I have heard that you can have PCOS without cysts though? Dont know how true that is, but will be something to ask my DR about tomorrow.

Just have to wait and see what the scan shows tomorrow. :)

@haj624

My doctor told me that home tests are a good way of checking if you are ovulating, she never mentioned any issues with PCOS and inaccurate test results.
I have an ovulation scope as well as some home tests, and my doctor told me that the OV scopes are pretty handy and accurate.
I paid about $45NZD for mine and its a pretty nifty thing.
You just put a bit of saliva on the glass lense, elt it dry, and then look at it through the microscope and the patter can determine if you are ovulating, not ovulating, or in a transition period between the two.
Only key thing with those it you have to do it before you eat or anything, so when you get up in the morning.

Also hopeful42nd brought up a good point about the lining. My doctor is having my lining checked out tomorrow to see if it is thin, because apparently that can be quite the problem. If you doctor has not checked yours I would ask about it, my doctor seemed to think it was really important.

Sorry about the long message! :D

what exactly is the machine that you use??

question ladies...does anyone ever get what would feel like mild ovulation pains when youre taking clomid?

question ladies...does anyone ever get what would feel like mild ovulation pains when youre taking clomid?

Yes I got some mild ovulation cramps for 2 days when I took my clomid for the first time this month.

I have a question, today I noticed a little bit of spotting, just a little pinkish/brown when i wiped, and my back hurts and kinda feels like af is coming. I am only 9dpo though. I was wondering have any of you had clomid shorten your luteal phase that much?? I usually have 14-15 day LP. I tested today and it was negative but I am worried now that clomid might do more harm than good if this is my af. Also, I never spotted before a period before so does clomid make you spot as well?

Yes I got some mild ovulation cramps for 2 days when I took my clomid for the first time this month.

I have a question, today I noticed a little bit of spotting, just a little pinkish/brown when i wiped, and my back hurts and kinda feels like af is coming. I am only 9dpo though. I was wondering have any of you had clomid shorten your luteal phase that much?? I usually have 14-15 day LP. I tested today and it was negative but I am worried now that clomid might do more harm than good if this is my af. Also, I never spotted before a period before so does clomid make you spot as well?

Could be implantation? Wait a couple more days and test again?

[/QUOTE]

what exactly is the machine that you use??[/QUOTE]

I assume you are talking about my ovulation scope.

I have an OvuVue Scope, cost me $45 off the following site

https://secure.zeald.com/baby4u/results.html?q=MICROSCOPE

You can get them off Amazon and probably lots of other places. The MaybeBaby microscope is the most popular one, but I went with OvuVue because it was half the price but the magnification is the same, so it works just as good.

Hope that is helpful :) I really recommend one to anyone who is trying to track their ovulation.

On another note I went and had my ultrasound today and I do indeed have cysts, but my ovaries are not enlarged, and everything else looks good. Just waiting to hear from the doctor about metformin and etc.

In the mean time I am just holding steady to walking on the treadmill. Just to get some opinions do you think walking 3km (2miles) on the treadmill a day at 4.5-5kph is enough to lose weight along with a daily calorie intake of 1600 or less? Or do I need to amp it up :D

Thanks

Yeah I will keep testing unless this turns into a true af. I was just wondering is clomid shortens luteal phases?

what exactly is the machine that you use??[/QUOTE]

I assume you are talking about my ovulation scope.

I have an OvuVue Scope, cost me $45 off the following site

https://secure.zeald.com/baby4u/results.html?q=MICROSCOPE

You can get them off Amazon and probably lots of other places. The MaybeBaby microscope is the most popular one, but I went with OvuVue because it was half the price but the magnification is the same, so it works just as good.

Hope that is helpful :) I really recommend one to anyone who is trying to track their ovulation.

On another note I went and had my ultrasound today and I do indeed have cysts, but my ovaries are not enlarged, and everything else looks good. Just waiting to hear from the doctor about metformin and etc.

In the mean time I am just holding steady to walking on the treadmill. Just to get some opinions do you think walking 3km (2miles) on the treadmill a day at 4.5-5kph is enough to lose weight along with a daily calorie intake of 1600 or less? Or do I need to amp it up :D

Thanks[/QUOTE]

To burn the most fat you need to vary it. 2 mins fast, 2 mins slow. That is what my trainer told me!

so it appears this is af! I can't believe my lp was only 9 days!! Not sure if i want to continue clomid now

Okay, ladies I have a quick question and I know this is probably stupid to ask but if I took clomid from CD 5-9, does anyone know on average when a woman is likely to ovulate?? I am asking because I can't start it this month because when I actually get it, it will already be CD 8, and next month I was kind estimating around when I might ovulate after I take the clomid, based on when I THINK my next cycle will, start it ends up being on the weekend that we are going to Great Wolf Lodge and my husband decides to bring his little brother along, so what am I suppose to do about that?? I have already had to wait long enough I don't want to have to wait until April to start it, any advice ladies?? I don't know what to do :(

It should make u O on cd 14 but every one is different so it can differ, my first cycle on 50 mg same days as u i Oed on cd 13 and this cycle on 100 mg i Oed on cd 15 but some haven't Oed until later like cd 17-21. So it can be different, I'm like a book type cycle and O on my own but they are giving it to me to boost my eggs since have never been pregnant even when trying in the past (long story) but it just depends on our bodies

I was on clomid 50mg 5-9 and today is my cd14 and no O yet. I had a follicle check on cd 12 and she told me to BD cd13 15 and 17. So I keep doing bbt and opk everyday.

It should make u O on cd 14 but every one is different so it can differ, my first cycle on 50 mg same days as u i Oed on cd 13 and this cycle on 100 mg i Oed on cd 15 but some haven't Oed until later like cd 17-21. So it can be different, I'm like a book type cycle and O on my own but they are giving it to me to boost my eggs since have never been pregnant even when trying in the past (long story) but it just depends on our bodies

It would be great if it made me O earlier because I really don't want to miss it because of the vacation and waste a perfectly good round of clomid (especially when I'll have to pay for it every time) so let's just hope that I don't have to do it more than once or twice ;) Good luck this cycle hun and thanks for the reply

I was on clomid 50mg 5-9 and today is my cd14 and no O yet. I had a follicle check on cd 12 and she told me to BD cd13 15 and 17. So I keep doing bbt and opk everyday.

Thanks for the reply and good luck with this cycle and hopefully you get a nice positive on that pregnancy test ;)

so it appears this is af! I can't believe my lp was only 9 days!! Not sure if i want to continue clomid now

my friend who was on clomid had that same problembut took ermmvitamin b12 or6 not sure what one i can findout and her lp sorted itselfout

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->