The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

What cd are you mamatrujillo? Sorry I don't know what to tell you. I did just notice that your are in Utah. Me too.

I'm in SLC too! :happydance:

Just started my Clomid two days ago. I was on 50 mg days 5 - 9 but I've switched to 100 mg days 4 - 8. I'm a little nervous because I'm not having any of the usual side affects. I hope it's working!

:dust:

I am on day 2 of clomid, and I feel like crap. Literally feel like I do when I am pregnant (I am clearly not). My head hurts horribly and I feel sick to my stomach. Is this common? And if so, doesn't it get better or do the side effects last the whole time I am taking it?

:( Need a nap.

I am on day 2 of clomid, and I feel like crap. Literally feel like I do when I am pregnant (I am clearly not). My head hurts horribly and I feel sick to my stomach. Is this common? And if so, doesn't it get better or do the side effects last the whole time I am taking it?

The only side effects I have are night sweats and those usually stick with me after day 2 of clomid. what dosage are you on?

The only side effects I have are night sweats and those usually stick with me after day 2 of clomid. what dosage are you on?

Only 50mg, this is my first month. I didn't sleep well at all last night, was cold from the fan, but would wake up in a sweat. But, the worst part is the headache. It started sometime around 3am, and I can't kick it. With 3 little boys at home, the noise doesn't help either. :(

Only 50mg, this is my first month. I didn't sleep well at all last night, was cold from the fan, but would wake up in a sweat. But, the worst part is the headache. It started sometime around 3am, and I can't kick it. With 3 little boys at home, the noise doesn't help either. :(

lol im sure!! yeah every since i started clomid it seems i constantly wake up sweaty. i dont know about the other symptoms because i dont have them but i would ask your doctor.

This cycle on 100mg, I felt side effects only on the third day of clomid, and those were mainly hot flashes and mood swings. Literally cried every day for a week. Also, broke out in sweat a few times a day and like ten times every night. It was horrible, but nothing I couldn't handle!

This cycle on 100mg, I felt side effects only on the third day of clomid, and those were mainly hot flashes and mood swings. Literally cried every day for a week. Also, broke out in sweat a few times a day and like ten times every night. It was horrible, but nothing I couldn't handle!

oh yeah, that too. i cry all the time now lol

Today will be my third day of 100 mg of Clomid; I hope I feel some side affects! It's silly, but it will make me feel more like it's working. I have been somewhat moody and sensitive, but there isn't a big enough difference for me to tell if I'm just having a rough week or it's the Clomid!

CD # 6 for me; hate waiting!

That part of the wait never bothers me that much, and ovulation week is just fun and easy too!

It's the horrible, dreaded TWW that drives me mad! I'm 5dpo and losing my mind! Haha

Hey, Im sorry, i hope you all get pregnant very soon (:)
im young im 20 and will turn 21 in couple months my fiance is 24 we have been together for 4years. i had a miscarriage around 2years ago. ever since i ovulate every 2-4 months. i went to the dr, because me and my fiance have been trying for over a year.
my fiance has a baby from his previous relationship, did test done. i have no cyst no stds. no blockage.. i dont ovulate on my own and the dr seems to say its unexplained fertility. which is weird.. anyways. i was put on the generic clomid. this is my first cycle 100mg days 3-7 the only side effects i had was extreme depressions, hungry all the time, hot flashes.. i still get hot flashes . im on day 13 of my cycle been taking opk havent ovulated yet. hopefully this first round of clomid helps. it sucks cause my mom has twins and my aunt just had her 2nd set of twins. and i feel like im the only one having this problem of trying to conceive..just unfair. it has dried my cm up tho. so when i get that positive opk. and we baby dance we will be using pre-seed.

KRosJ I didn't have side effects every month with clomid and I did o 4 out of 5 cycles. I didn't even have side effects at 200mg. My doctor said I just have a good liver to get rid of it soon or I was getting used to it.

Momto3and... I got really bad head aches the first couple of clomid. I found that if I took the clomid with a meal and took Tylenol at the same time I would get head aches.

Smh..Ahh I know how you feel everyone around me is pregnant and only a few were even planned. To two people I know that were having problems ttc are also both pregnant. I am very happy for them but feel like I am being left behind and that it will never happen. Try to stay positive i know it's hard.

I am actually in West Jordan. I will be waiting to see what the doc finds out today. Really hoping you are in fact prego and your bean is ok. Sending :hugs::hugs::dust::dust:.

I had the blood test done, it was negative. The gush of brown stuff I had come out yesterday was the pocket of fluid in my uterus. My doc also thinks the U/S gave me a bladder infection because I have been peeing every 40 min and have alot of pressure. He wants me to come in tomrw for a urine test for infection. My next u/s is next thursday to check the status of my follicles. The way things are looking though, they wont release an egg and I will have to start another cycle. I have been on only 50 mg clomid and this doc said he is going to double that, if not more than double it.

You are on 200mg? I didnt even think they went higher than 150. How many cycles have you done? and did they put you on it because of long cycles or??? Im going to pick your brain even more now because we are less than a couple hours away and now i feel like i have someone close by who is going through the same thing as I am.

yes; HCG and Lh are very similar in structure.... there's a great chance to get +OPK when pregnant

Smh...aah, Sweetie, you're very young, so hang in there. Just give your body some time to adjust to everything.

mamatrujillo, I'm sorry you have to go through all of the weirdness. It's strange, but I found myself with the doc with problems of all kinds, and mostly UTIs for nowhere at all after we started ttc.... I sometimes wonder if it creates a huge stress in our lives when our psyche keeps egging (sic) us for a baby .... Hope you feel better soon. I posted a line about +OPKs, actually before I read your other posts. I apologize.

:hug:

Does anyone feel that the more clomid you take the better off you are to ovulate? I was on 50 mg days 6-10, but the OB just changed it to 100mg days 3-7. My progesterone was only 12.2. so he wanted to increase it.

Does anyone feel that the more clomid you take the better off you are to ovulate? I was on 50 mg days 6-10, but the OB just changed it to 100mg days 3-7. My progesterone was only 12.2. so he wanted to increase it.

i would agree w that. i just did my 3rd cycle of clomid at 50mg. my folllicle check at cd13 wasnt very good. doc said even w the clomid my follicles may not even b releasing an egg! hes checking my follicles again next week, if i dont catch an egg hes going to at the minimum double my dose. im just not producing the hormones required. some woman get by w 50mg because they just need a little boost, other woman, like u and myself, need more like a giant kick lol:thumbup:

Alright ladies, question for those who have upped their dose:

How long did your doc wait before declaring that you "didn't ovulate" on Clomid and deciding to increase it?

I did Clomid 50mg (CD2-6) last cycle but didn't get a positive OPK until 15 days after my last pill. Had basically no cervical mucus and a BFN to round it all out.

Would a higher dose maybe help me ovulate before CD21-23?

mamatrujillo I am actually on a break from Clomid but last cycle I did 200mg of clomid. I actually started on Clomid because I had really short irregular cycles with no ovulation. I was just seeing an ob/gyn and he just kept saying my progesterone was too low that I had not o. So he would increase the dose of Clomid. He never did any testing to see what was causing the problem even after I asked each month.
Last week I went to a FS who said I had ovulated all but one month on Clomid and that the really high levels of Clomid were possibly doing more harm then good. High doses of Clomid can thin your lining and make your Cm hostile. He had me stop the Clomid for two months he wants it all out of my system to do a bunch of blood work to see what my problem is. He did say he thinks I have PCOS. Really hoping that my body will o without the Clomid but I am kinda doubtful.

BabyBumpAhead I have not heard a higher dose of Clomid making you o earlier. My FS says it is most common for women to o cd 16-21 with Clomid. Are they doing any blood work or monitoring?

I am 8/9dpo and taking 100 mg of clomid. I only took it or 3 days from cd 3, as I developed an awful headache on cd 4 (nausea) and spent 2 days in bed DH insisted I stop taking it. We are in Hong Kong and clomid users are not monitored (as far as I am aware, & I have been to 2 Drs both public & private & neither monitored it's use). Cd3/4 whilst asleep in bed i awoke as I felt a pinch, around the right ovary it was strong enough for me to wake up and accuse DH of pinching me! From 5/6 dpo I have had cramping sometimes stronger than other times, it kept me awake last night. I also have sore nips/breasts from last night too. I took an hpt today (Friday) and bfn. I am wondering whether my symptoms are clomid symptons as I have read on the net that clomid causes symptoms after overlation or is it pregnancy symptoms? I am praying that this is the month for my bfp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->