The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Yeah I mean I'm excited about the IUI but I feel a little bit down because the odds aren't that great. 10-20% idk. I'm feeling like I'm getting my hopes up and I shouldn't!!
And about the prolactinoma, my FS told me that if I had any fertility problems this is the one to have so I feel good about that!

Yeah I mean I'm excited about the IUI but I feel a little bit down because the odds aren't that great. 10-20% idk. I'm feeling like I'm getting my hopes up and I shouldn't!!
And about the prolactinoma, my FS told me that if I had any fertility problems this is the one to have so I feel good about that!

Well my fingers are crossed for you!!

Ashknowsbest - the younger you are your odds are better, the high is 26% I think. Also you have to ensure proper timing. Have they told you how yours will be timed?

Yeah they're going to do a transvaginal ultrasound to check for mature follicles then trigger shot and then 24-36 hours after do the IUI. And they told us to BD every other day from CD 10-22

Have you triggered before. It's a good judge to see when you o after the shot. Im so lucky 36 was the magic number for me. Good luck, sounds very promising! You should abstain 36-48 hours before DH gives the sample but bd the night after IUI. It gives better results for his numbers. But holding out longer than72 can give negative results for him. :dust:

Thanks for the advice :) I've never triggered before or taken clomid or had IUI so this is all very new to me but I really appreciate the advice.

No worries :) I did lots of research myself as I hate walking into something blindly. There is a lot of conflicting info out there posted by diff fertility clinics based on their preferences.
I found this helpful for some questions.
Have a read if you like.
https://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/464.html

Thanks again! That was great info and I feel better. I mean if I don't get preggo this time I'll just have to do it again ... I may want to try injectables though. Do you know what the difference is?

Injectables are a more extreme way of stimulating the follicles. Generally it produces more than clomid or follitism, or it's good if you don't respond to the other meds. They try to stick with pills first. As for more I never had to go further than clomid as it worked for me.

Well I know I produce mature eggs because I had a transvaginal ultrasound a couple of months ago to check my ovaries and the doctor performing the procedure said that I had mature follicles so I probably wont' need more than clomid, hopefully! And I don't want injectables if they're more aggressive but I'll do what I have to do.

HI ladies well I posted the other night that I thought I was close to Oing, becuase I felt the god awful pain then the next day tested at about 12pm and the opk showed a some what of dark line but was not as dark or darker then the control line, so I figured O was close so I have tested like a million times since then. and still no change in the test line... So I dont know what to think could I have O'ed on that day even though the line was lighter then the control line? Or could O still be around the corner please give me hope ladies I affarid I didnt O this cycle that will be just sucky Im not to worried about missing it cause we have bding like crazy so if I did and just didnt catch it I'm sure I was covered with all the bding! I guess I just need some encourging words of wisdom thanks a bunch:hugs:

I am on cd9, and just took my last does of clomid (cd5-9). My dr suggested doing the deed starting on cd10 (tomorrow), and everyother day, for 10 days.

I just want to be sure I dont miss the window! Does this seem right?

Thanks!!

My dr told me to begin doing it on cd10 every other day, and when I got a +OPK, everyday for 3 days.

Danswifey- I hear your supposed to judge from when you first notice the positive test (beginning of the surge) to be safe ensur you keep BDing every 36-48 hours to cover your bases and not kill your DH, lol :) good luck and have fun!

Momto3and - yes sounds right :)

Danswifey- I hear your supposed to judge from when you first notice the positive test (beginning of the surge) to be safe ensur you keep BDing every 36-48 hours to cover your bases and not kill your DH, lol :) good luck and have fun!

Momto3and - yes sounds right :)

Thanks hopeful42nd, I was so worried, but then I tested yesterday and got a full positive :happydance: .which we have been bding like crazy, which I realized it maybe time to slow down a little on my Dh hubby :blush: cause I have wanting to bd everyday sometimes two times aday, so since my positive if I bd just everyday I should be good right? I'm just so affaird, so I feel I need to bd twice a day to make sure:blush: which I know is not good either, but I just want this so bad!!!!!:wacko: see but was has gotten me is this its my 2nd round of clomid which first month DH was deployed and just got back this month so anyway last month I Oed on CD 16 and this round I Oed on cd 18 but AF is due the 9th does that mean I Oed late this cycle or is that normal?:shrug:

mamatrujillo I am actually on a break from Clomid but last cycle I did 200mg of clomid. I actually started on Clomid because I had really short irregular cycles with no ovulation. I was just seeing an ob/gyn and he just kept saying my progesterone was too low that I had not o. So he would increase the dose of Clomid. He never did any testing to see what was causing the problem even after I asked each month.
Last week I went to a FS who said I had ovulated all but one month on Clomid and that the really high levels of Clomid were possibly doing more harm then good. High doses of Clomid can thin your lining and make your Cm hostile. He had me stop the Clomid for two months he wants it all out of my system to do a bunch of blood work to see what my problem is. He did say he thinks I have PCOS. Really hoping that my body will o without the Clomid but I am kinda doubtful.

PCOS is a tough one, but my sister in law has gotten preg twice with hers since she was 17. One time was with twins but she terminated both. And she wasnt on any meds to help conceive. She was getting regular massages cuz we were in school, thats how i got pregnant w my 2nd child. Regular massages helped w my hormones etc.

I had a super pos OPK on Friday, we bd'd on friday, and saturday. Neg OPK yesterday and today, so I called the doc. He had me in for an U/S, and sure enough, he said I OV'd. I guess the doc I saw last week was wrong! So I am now 3DPO, and in the TWW. We will have to see what happens! I will only do one more cycle of clomid if this one doesnt take. :thumbup:

I found out a few weeks ago that my positive was just an evap or something. I ended up with a negative blood test and a negative ultrasound. I guess fertility friend and my ovacue were wrong? I'm taking provera now, and waiting for af then off to take 150mg of clomid. I'll be back soon!

I am sorry hun! Hoping next month with the increased clomid you will get your BFP.

I am sorry hun! Hoping next month with the increased clomid you will get your BFP.

Im hoping I wont have to take another cycle of clomid. Im really hoping my test comes back bfp next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->