The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Ovidrel and they said that either I have to give it to myself or OH has to give it to me at home around 9 PM. I can handle shots I just don't know about it because OH has never given anyone a shot and I don't want him to hurt me! Lol.

Ovidrel is the one I did. I did it myself, it was so easy, it's preloaded and the needle only goes in so far. When you pinch the skin you won't even feel the needle go in. It was totally painless. I was told to take it out of the fridge about 15-20 minutes before using as its not as nice to get cold apparently. It's really super easy

Oh ok! I feel better. I was mostly worried about the length of the needle and him sticking it in and like .. not pulling it out straight and having it hurt me! Lol. I used to poke my finger all of the time when I was a little girl with my grandma's diabetes thing! (They were sanitary of course! Lol. It was like a new poker every time!) I just realized how bad that sounded! Anyways, I used to do that and it didn't hurt so I'm sure I'll be fine!

Tummy somewhere between love handle and belly button. There is an instruction sheet in the box with a picture of where. You have a couple choices I think but that was th easiest for self administering.

Oh ok! Well thanks for all of the info! I really appreciate it! I have one more question. You said something a few days ago about how if you're getting IUI you and OH should abstain 48 to 72 hours before? So I'm going in for my follicle scan tomorrow and I'll probably get IUI Friday morning or afternoon right? Maybe Saturday? But my doctor told us to BD every other day from CD 10-22. Well tomorrow is CD 12 ... should we still BD even though he'll be giving his sample the next day CD 13? I'm just a little confused. OH has no problems with his SA, everything came back great so I don't know if that has anything to do with anything.

If OH has no issues you may be fine with having another go before he provides his sample. I wouldn't the night before though. It can deplete things a bit. Your doc is in the right as regular ejaculation helps ensure the swimmers are in their prime ( less a normals and better motility). Some doctors believe 24 hous is fine some 48. Its really what they have seen from SA results. If you google online info on IUI it ranges anywhere from 1-4 days. All I know is my DH normally had counts of 50 million minimum and the last time we bd 30 or so hours prior and the count was 16.5 million. I got preggers though so I wouldn't be too worried. Anything over 20 million isn't really shown to produce better results. The minimum is 5 million (closer to 10 with some docs).
Lol, i feel like a book sometimes, I've done so much research

Ovidrel is the one I did. I did it myself, it was so easy, it's preloaded and the needle only goes in so far. When you pinch the skin you won't even feel the needle go in. It was totally painless. I was told to take it out of the fridge about 15-20 minutes before using as its not as nice to get cold apparently. It's really super easy

Hopeful - how long did the Ovidrel stay in your system? I'm getting faint bfp's 11 and 12 days post trigger.

wow glad I know who to ask if I gpo the IUI route. I think I may be gearing up to do that soon.

I took clomid cd 5-9. I took an ovulation test on cd10 and cd 12 (today). on Cd10 there was a second line, but it was lighter than the control. This is my first month testing, so I really am not sure what to expect. But today, cd12 there is no second line. Could I have already ovulated? If so, when would it have happened if on the cd10 it was a positive? That day? The next? Would it be positive if ovulation had recently passed? I dont understand when ovulation happens in comparision to the positive test. We baby danced on cd 10 and were due to tonight cd12.

Can clomid make you have a false positive early? Or did I already ovulate? And if I did, and we baby danced the night of cd10, is there any hope???

photo.jpg

the lines will come and go, just keep testing. I doubt you've ovulated already. You are suppose to wait a few days after the last pill to test. Use this calculator https://www.babymed.com/tools/clomid-ovulation-calculator

the lines will come and go, just keep testing. I doubt you've ovulated already. You are suppose to wait a few days after the last pill to test. Use this calculator https://www.babymed.com/tools/clomid-ovulation-calculator

Thank you!!!!!

So having sex tomorrow and then getting IUI the next day is okay?

I think she meant 24 to 48 hours before the procedure, depending on your what the doctor saw on DH sperm analysis (so not the night before if you are getting it done the next morning but maybe BD in the morning if you get procedure done he next morning).

You may want to call and ask just to be sure you are doing the right thing thou. Good luck!!! :flower:

I took clomid cd 5-9. I took an ovulation test on cd10 and cd 12 (today). on Cd10 there was a second line, but it was lighter than the control. This is my first month testing, so I really am not sure what to expect. But today, cd12 there is no second line. Could I have already ovulated? If so, when would it have happened if on the cd10 it was a positive? That day? The next? Would it be positive if ovulation had recently passed? I dont understand when ovulation happens in comparision to the positive test. We baby danced on cd 10 and were due to tonight cd12.

Can clomid make you have a false positive early? Or did I already ovulate? And if I did, and we baby danced the night of cd10, is there any hope???

View attachment 347022

Clomid messes up with OPKs and other tests (I have a CBFM for example and it also tells me the wrong days). Better to also do temp checks in the morning in addition to the OPKs.
Good luck!

View attachment 347022

Clomid messes up with OPKs and other tests (I have a CBFM for example and it also tells me the wrong days). Better to also do temp checks in the morning in addition to the OPKs.
Good luck!

How do I temp? Is there a place I can get the basic info and how tos?

thanks wanabamom! I go in tomorrow so I'll just talk to them about it then. It all really depends on when I'm going in for IUI. If it's going to be 24 hours or 48 hours after the shot ... I just have to wait until tomorrow. Not a big deal =D

Hello everyone! I have a question that I hope hasn't been already asked about clomid, but there are SO many posts on this forum lol! I am currently on CD 16 and I think I ovulated yesterday. The last 2 days I have had something that tastes like blood/metallic in my mouth. Is this a sign of ovulation, or is this a side effect of the clomid? Has anyone ever experienced this. I took 150 mg clomid CD 3-7, and I take 2,000 mg of metformin. I'd appreciate any answers; thanks :)

How do I temp? Is there a place I can get the basic info and how tos?

Basically you buy a thermometer and take your temperature every morning before you get up or drink/eat anything. You have to take it at the same time (there are web sites that help you calculate your BT if you missed your time. Also try this web site: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ it has tons of information.

thanks wanabamom! I go in tomorrow so I'll just talk to them about it then. It all really depends on when I'm going in for IUI. If it's going to be 24 hours or 48 hours after the shot ... I just have to wait until tomorrow. Not a big deal =D

best of luck girl!!!! keep us posted :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->