The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Good Morning Ladies!!

I hope everyone is enjoying there weekend! It is terribly hot where I live!! Miserable at the moment. We have spent most the weekend in the house with the AC on so far cause it is just to hot to do anything! YUCK!

Anyways... I took my first clomid last night! I took it at 8pm and was dreading how my body was going to handle new medicine! But to my surprise... No side effects at all!!!:wohoo: I know it was only one pill lol! But I have such a hard time starting new medicine I was just dreading the sick feeling! I was so surprised and relieved!

Scerena- It is 11 am here! We have quite the time difference between us! Make u almost 2 days ahead of me instead of 1!

daopdesign- lol!!! Don't count yourself out yet!! How was your opk today??

welshgem- I am sorry AF got you hun!! I hope this next cycle is it for you:):)

SummerLily- everything sounds so promising for you!!:) I hope you get your BFP and you can start a lucky chain for the rest of us!!:)

Morning prettynpink lol it's 7.15pm here in england so yes I took my third pill today Hun. If you don't mind me asking where do you live?
I'm so glad you had no side effects etc hun :)
Bet your glad to get started aren't you!
2 days is still close in cycles so make sure you keep me updated and I will keep you updated too
Xx

Good evening Scerena lol. Don't mind you asking at all! I live in California:) I will take my next 2 pills in about 8 hours!:)
Yes I am very glad I started!! I know it has only been one day! But if I was gonna get sick off of clomid (like vomiting) it would have happened last night! But nada! I also get pretty bad allergic reactions and hives to new medication, so I am very relieved:)
2 days is very good!! We only have an 8 hour time difference! Will for sure keep you updated!!:) We are gonna be able to test opks together and hpts!:) lol

prettynpink29 it was the same as it has been all week!!! (like the pic I posted)

I was the same taking my pills looking for all kind of side effects but I can't say I've had any. The only thing I have noticed is very very mild twinges every now on then right hand side of my ovary last couple of days but I could be symptom spotting!!

It's soo exciting for us all to be on this journey together, can't wait for the first :bfp: to set the ball rolling! Can everyone please post their opk's too so I can have a nosey! xx

Hey prettynpink :) that's good it's only a 8 hour difference! And we can show opk's and hpt! I'm just glad you're getting no side effects!
I bet it's lovely an hot over there!

Daopdesign- yeh I will post mine when I start doing them... And same I hope someone gets a bfp soon! It will give all us clomid users some hope!

X

I believe Clomid is a wonder drug if ovulation is just an issue. It WILL work for all of you. I thought it would never work for me but it did and there aren't really that many woman who it doesn't work for :)

daopdesign- what brand opks are you using?? Have you tried using 2 brands?
Of course I will be posting my opk pics:) I can't wait!! I will attach a photo of my positives last month, if you would like to see?? I have a picture of positive IC, cbd and cbfm.. Just let me know:)

scerena- I am so excited!! I can't wait for the this month:)
How is the weather in England??

decided I would just post them anyway:dohh:
These were from last month.. The first time I ovulated since February:) You can probably imagine how excited I was to see this!

daopdesign- you can see on my IC that the LH line is darker than the control.. Don't know if this helps you any but just thought I would share!:hugs:

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 5
daopdesign- what brand opks are you using?? Have you tried using 2 brands?
Of course I will be posting my opk pics:) I can't wait!! I will attach a photo of my positives last month, if you would like to see?? I have a picture of positive IC, cbd and cbfm.. Just let me know:)

How is the weather in England??

I bought a load off ebay, two different brands but not sure what they are as the sticks just come in an individual packet with 'Ovulation (LH) Test Strip on them!! I've used both at the same time and the results are the same. Yayy let me see a piccy, did the lines build up - lemme see!! - update I see them!!! lol

It's bootiful over here in the UK, like Spain!!! No doubt it will rain soon though!

Your pics look fab wish mine was like that! I bought a CBD also but only going to use that when the strip test looks +

lol! I posted above yours lol!
Ok now you got me wanting to pee on things:):) I am only cd4! lol but I am gonna go pee on an IC so you can kind of see the comparison! Be rite back:)

Ok here it is.. This is what my tests looked like for 3 months.. The ICs went from this straight to the positive in the picture above.. That's why it was a huge shock when it happened.. I didn't get the nice progression of light to darker!:shrug:

And I did the same thing.. I only used the cbd when I got the peak on the monitor.. Those are expensive and don't like to waste them:)

And I don't know why the pictures are so little! I will have to figure that out:dohh::shrug:

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 6
I know, I can hardly see the photo!!! Try uploading your photos to https://imageshack.us/ and then copying and pasting the forum code - this will show a decent sized image with enlarge

Is there a faint line on that test? (I can't see haha)

I can't figure it out:(

Yes there is a faint line on the test.. Its clearly there in person, but I just don't know how to make the picture bigger!

I did it:) Had to retake the picture.. Can you see it now?

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 11
Morning all!
Hey prettynpink- you're probably asleep now (argh time difference) weather has been lovely in the uk but due to rain I heard this week- typical! Day 2 of clomid today for you eeeek!- I'm taking my fourth pills in around 3 hours... Just ordered a load of opk's and hpt lol I love stocking up!

Daopdesign- hey how are you feeling today? I hope clomid works for me- I'm only allowed 3 rounds though once a dosage starts working :/ I use 'one step ovulation tests' i get them from amazon.
X

I am day on my 3rd pill and have NO side effects at all :S hope that is an ok thing!!
Hope everyone else is well and is enjoying some heat- we sure are here in Canada! :)

i dont think i am going to do OPK, just BD everyother day and I am getting bloods done day 21......

Yh it's lovely here in the uk (surprisingly) heard it's baking in canada!
We are really close in cycles then as I took my 4th pills this morning and zero side effects... When I took 50mg last month I had loads of side effects and failed to ovulate- so I'm hoping no side effects is a good sign :)
Xx

scerena- great we will have to keep in touch then and see!! :) yes it is about 95 and climbing!
i am on 50mg as well, i debated taking 100mg as i have 6 repeats on the pills, but didnt want to mess things up or get in trouble with my OBGYN hehehe.
So you get bloods and an US done too?

Gosh thats hot! Poor you but good for a tan lol!
Don't worry too much 50ng works well for a lot of ladies honestly- I would stick to what you have been told- are you getting monitored?- if so they will be able to see if 50mg is working ok for you?
I get scans done on day 10 and then another one about a week later incase I ovulate late- then when a dosage shows it's working I think I will be getting just blood work taken not too sure
Xx

Just a quick question if I may ladies ...

With clomid does it just make you ovulate?

I'm taking metformin at the moment and I've ovualted for the 2nd month now, I have my hospital appointment on Thursday and I'm pretty sure our doctor is going to recommend clomid, but if metformin is doing what clomid does then I'm thinking I should save myself the $750 until I either get my BFP or run out of metformin.

Any advise would be great, thank you :flower:

Hi I'm not 100% but I think it can make you have more mature eggs too... Hopefully someone could give you a better answer x

hi ladies. havnt checked the thread all weekend and my god has it got busy, just caught up with u all :)

im CD 12 today, ive been using opk's all weekend. all neg! i also had a scan today. first since my HSG.
it was all bad news
after upping my dosage to 150mg (knowing that i have once OV'd on 100mg )i had my hopes up that i would def O this month
after my HSG clear out aswell

but my left ovary was basically a huge cyst and my right ovary had 3 follies but all between 7mm - 10mm so they were no good. im gutted!!!
im going back on friday for a check up on them to see if they got any bigger, but i just have no hope now.
this is my 6th round of clomid .im only allowed to do 2 more!
i can just feel my time slipping away.
im going to carry on with opks till friday just in case tho.

im going to upload my opk pictures tonight for u all to be nosey at and use as a comparison because mine look ok (not positives but still i can see 2 lines) but i obviuosly havn't O.

hope u r all doing good this cycle and hope some of u have more luck than me xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->