The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hey ladies! Just wanted to let you all know that I am still here...lol. Just had to stop obsessing on this site so I stayed away for a little bit. Finished my second cycle of clomid and o'd yesterdayso I am now 1 dpo and hoping for the best this round. Fxd for all of you who didn't get your bfp's yet and more congrats to those of you who did!

Welcome back! Good luck this cycle!!

Hi ladies! Sorry to just jump in here but I have a question, and it seems that this thread is all about clomid questions!

So I'm taking clomid, CD 3-7. Today is CD 10, and I go for a scan tomorrow. Just trying to manage my expectations. Do you ladies find that clomid increases your rate of follie development - like, moves up O?

I am planning on triggering, and am supposed to bring the shot with me tomorrow. I NEVER O this early - more like CD 15-20. So it's hard for me to believe I will have follies big enough to justify triggering tomorrow. Just wondering if you guys usually O around the same time, or if everything gets pushed up?

Question:
Did anyone taking clomid notice more moodyness after ovulation and also more creamy CM? I'm 3 days past O and I can totally tell my hormones are on edge. I've had lots of lower abdomen pinching and like I said alot of creamy/wet cm...Sorry TMI. Can anyone relate or shed some light?

Daisy: yes, clomid can change your ov window. It can move it forward or delay it. Maybe the doctor will scan you before they trigger you?... good luck hun

Abby: I don't experience moodynes after Ov but everyone is different. I do get the creamy cm you mention though. Try not to drive yourself crazy during this tww. Fingers crossed for you!

Thank you wana! Going for my scan this morning... FX but I'm not going to expect too much, since I don't normally O until later...

Daisy: yes, clomid can change your ov window. It can move it forward or delay it. Maybe the doctor will scan you before they trigger you?... good luck hun

Abby: I don't experience moodynes after Ov but everyone is different. I do get the creamy cm you mention though. Try not to drive yourself crazy during this tww. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks, Wana b a mom....It's so hard not to do. This is the point where you read into everything. I'm even breaking out :/ I guess I just feel pressured. After our polyps got removed the doc gave us three months to try and if no luck he wants us to get insurance to chek other possibilities....I'm just too tired to do that I think...amybe just for now.

Abby, I get the moodiness too, although for me it is weepier. And usually over stupid stuff like comercials! Good luck!

Abby, I get the moodiness too, although for me it is weepier. And usually over stupid stuff like comercials! Good luck!

Thanks Kel21.
I feel like that, then I feel irritable, and now my skin is breaking out. Maybe just the extra surge or progesterone since CLomid gives you that extra push? Also.....lots of Cm. Lots

Just an update here - 2 mature follies (22 and 25 mm) on cd 11, so we triggered today. So for me, Clomid speeds up my follicle development.

When is you IUI booked for?That's great news about two good sizers!

Thanks hopeful! My IUI is booked for 24 hours later (!) - so tomorrow, 9:20 am. I am a little nervous about the timing - as I tend to ovulate on the later side, once my LH surge starts, about 36-48 hours after I get my first + OPK (and I test like 3 times a day when I'm getting close, so I really have a good idea of when the surge starts). I told the doc this, but he didn't seem to think we should change anything about the timing of the trigger and IUI. It seems to be their procedure there to trigger you in the office, and do the IUI 24 hours later. If this doesn't work for me this time around, I'm going to ask about doing the trigger myself at night, and going in 36 hours later...

Does anyone else have any experience with this? I really wonder how many hours after the trigger is ideal for the IUI...?

Thanks hopeful! My IUI is booked for 24 hours later (!) - so tomorrow, 9:20 am. I am a little nervous about the timing - as I tend to ovulate on the later side, once my LH surge starts, about 36-48 hours after I get my first + OPK (and I test like 3 times a day when I'm getting close, so I really have a good idea of when the surge starts). I told the doc this, but he didn't seem to think we should change anything about the timing of the trigger and IUI. It seems to be their procedure there to trigger you in the office, and do the IUI 24 hours later. If this doesn't work for me this time around, I'm going to ask about doing the trigger myself at night, and going in 36 hours later...

Does anyone else have any experience with this? I really wonder how many hours after the trigger is ideal for the IUI...?

It depends on the doc and their success rates. My doc does 36 hours post trigger for single IUI, and 24hrs and 48hrs post trigger for back to back IUI's. The first one is really testing ground cause everyone is different when they o after a surge. Your doc may one of the ones who believe the sperm should be there waiting for the egg. My doc says that the insemination should happen as close as possible to o for best results.
When my doc usues natural surge through bloodwork he does 24 hours. I got pregnant the first that way and this time 36 hrs post trigger.
Hope that helps! Good luck :dust:

Thanks! FX this works... I am soo excited, and can't believe I'm almost in the 2WW (again) - that's nuts!

I hope to hear of your success story soon! Are you going to hpt early or just wait for beta?

I think I am going to wait as LONG as possible. I usually try to hold out until 11 or 12 DPO. This last time I started testing early, 10 DPO, and found it really hard. I am also going to be taking progesterone suppositories which I HATE, and it's hard to keep taking them when you keep seeing BFNs. So I think I'm going to try to hold out until 13 DPIUI at least. My official test date is 15 DPIUI. The nurse said I can just take a hpt, but I may ask to come in for a beta... what do you think?

I tested early for the first time last month and didn't like it as it made me depressed. I think I might just wait to see if AF arrives then the period of hope lasts a little longer!

Thanks, Wana b a mom....It's so hard not to do. This is the point where you read into everything. I'm even breaking out :/ I guess I just feel pressured. After our polyps got removed the doc gave us three months to try and if no luck he wants us to get insurance to chek other possibilities....I'm just too tired to do that I think...amybe just for now.

OMG, this cycle I'm also breaking out!!!:growlmad:

I finished my first round of clomid yesterday, 50mg days 1-5. Today, day six I used and ovulation test p to start tracking and it was positive.... Is this normal or is it a false positive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->