The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

I got pos OPKs last night and this morning, but my temp also spiked yesterday and today... Confused! We bd'd Tuesday, Friday, and yesterday.

i hear ya on the confusion. i need to go in for day21 blood work this week but i dont know if i should count 7 days from when i got my pos opk or if i should count 7 days of when i had intense cramping (which was 3 days after the pos opk). i dont know what to do as i dont want to go in too soon and my results arent accurate.:nope:

any advice ladies?
OPK's are positive before you ovulate. They simply tell you that it's going to happen in the next 12-48 hours (later in some) I would go based more off that and pains than the first pos opk. Good luck and hope it works out.

Finsihed my 1st cycle of clomid on Saturday. Now just waiting for my ultrasound on Wenesday to see how many follicles i have. Excited byt very nervous at the same time.

any of you ladies get faint + on your OPK then never get a full blown + .. I have been testing & got a faint + for 2 days & now nothing!! Im not sure if I missed my O or its still in the works.. Started getting pain in my right ovary.. If I already O then Im sure im out this month.

any of you ladies get faint + on your OPK then never get a full blown + .. I have been testing & got a faint + for 2 days & now nothing!! Im not sure if I missed my O or its still in the works.. Started getting pain in my right ovary.. If I already O then Im sure im out this month.

No clue Hun. That's why I use the digs because I suck at line comparisons lol. As long as you got some bding in there this past week, there's still a chance. Do you usually get the pain/cramps before, during or after you ovulate? I never had cramping until this cycle and I think it'd due to clomid so I'm wondering if the day I cramped was the day I ovulated, even though I got my pos opk 4 days before that?

No clue Hun. That's why I use the digs because I suck at line comparisons lol. As long as you got some bding in there this past week, there's still a chance. Do you usually get the pain/cramps before, during or after you ovulate? I never had cramping until this cycle and I think it'd due to clomid so I'm wondering if the day I cramped was the day I ovulated, even though I got my pos opk 4 days before that?

Lol I do too now that I tried it lol!! I usually can tell when I ovulate which was why I am so confused this month!! The clomid totally messed me up! usually when I o I get the pains the day off & mild back ache.. the pain starts light then intesifies to closer i get.. once i O it goes away..

Ok ladies, I'm really confused. I just got back from the doctor and my ultrasound showed that i still haven't o'd. I was in on Fri and my ultrasound showed 2 mature follicles and a endometrial lining of 4-5mm. So we thought I would have o'd by today. My bbt went up on Sat morning and stayed up. My OPK was negative on Fri, positive on Sat night and Sun morning, negative Sun night and this morning. My ultrasound today showed the 2 follicles and a thicker lining, but it's not up to 8mm yet. I took Clomid CD3-7 (50mg, my first cycle) and today is CD18.

Any thoughts? I'm feeling very frustrated and depressed...

Ok ladies, I'm really confused. I just got back from the doctor and my ultrasound showed that i still haven't o'd. I was in on Fri and my ultrasound showed 2 mature follicles and a endometrial lining of 4-5mm. So we thought I would have o'd by today. My bbt went up on Sat morning and stayed up. My OPK was negative on Fri, positive on Sat night and Sun morning, negative Sun night and this morning. My ultrasound today showed the 2 follicles and a thicker lining, but it's not up to 8mm yet. I took Clomid CD3-7 (50mg, my first cycle) and today is CD18.

Sometimes your body gears up to O, and you get a +OPK, but never actually O. It sometimes takes your body a couple of times to actually O.

Starting my second round Friday. Trying to decide if I m going to take it 4-8 instead of 5-9, which is what my dr said. I O on my on but I'm 35 so I guess better egg quality I the goal.

Hey girls. I am starting Clomid this cycle and would like to join y'all. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions. I go the OBGYN tomorrow to get checked for cysts. I am kinda excited and hope that the Clomid gives us that extra push to get a BFP. I'll be taking it 5-9.

Sometimes your body gears up to O, and you get a +OPK, but never actually O. It sometimes takes your body a couple of times to actually O.
That makes sense. It's my elevated temps that are really confusing me. Really sensitive nipples tonight (sorry, tmi), hoping o is around the corner!

Hi stayhopeful! Its great that your lining is thickening :) as for ovulation goes, I think I ovulate 4 days after my pos opk. I got my smiley last tues, and Friday I was in bed with nasty cramps and gassy feeling. So I think I ov fri. At least I hope I did, lol. I go in for day21 on wednesday so hopefully I will find out by Friday. I hear ya on the sore nipples though, I have to be wearing a bra at all times otherwise they are so sensitive. Clomid side effect maybe? I'm trying not to symptom spot. Lol.

There are sooo many different clomid threads- I've even made a few myself... So I thought I would try and make one for all us clomid girlies to talk on and support eachother instead of us all having to post seperate threads hoping that someone will reply :flower:

So... If we all write what dosage we are on, what cycle we are on and the results...

1ST CLOMID CYCLE- 50MG CD2-6 (FAILED TO OVULATE)
AWAITING NEXT CYCLE....

I thought on this thread also any questions we have for eachother or anything to do with clomid we could just find this thread and ask away :thumbup:
Much easier than writing a whole new thread- And we can all make some new buddies :happydance:

Look forward to reading the replies :dust:

50mg clomid- didnt ovulate
100mg clomid- didnt ovulate
150 mg of clomid first found 2 mature follicles 18mm and 22mm cd 12 took the ovidrel shot to induce ovulation had timed intercourse cd13-17 and got a :bfn: didnt get pregnant
2nd round 150mg clomid CD28 tested this morning and got a :bfn: still waiting (irregular cycles)

Butterfly22 - Thanks, fingers crossed - still a week till I can test though, SA doesn't have reliable EHPT. How many rounds have you done? What sort of side effects have you had?

This is my 2nd. They increased me to 100mg this cycle.
I haven't had many side effects. I always get headaches so I think the clomid just increased them which is terrible but besides that just the occasional hot flash and the cramping with ovulation is intense.
I don't mind the cramping though - it makes me feel like I'm ovulating really strong and maybe its a good eggy!! :thumbup:

Hi stayhopeful! Its great that your lining is thickening :) as for ovulation goes, I think I ovulate 4 days after my pos opk. I got my smiley last tues, and Friday I was in bed with nasty cramps and gassy feeling. So I think I ov fri. At least I hope I did, lol. I go in for day21 on wednesday so hopefully I will find out by Friday. I hear ya on the sore nipples though, I have to be wearing a bra at all times otherwise they are so sensitive. Clomid side effect maybe? I'm trying not to symptom spot. Lol.

Thanks, that gives me hope! I had really sore nipples the last time I o'd too... So we'll see. I'm just trying not to go crazy.

Hi ladies. I think Clomid can really stay in your system even after you stop taking it. I took it last cycle, and am due to start taking it again tonight, but already I'm having hot flashes. I felt hot my entire cycle, this last cycle. The past two nights I've had hot flashes that woke me up, sweating big time - like pjs were damp. And I sleep in a COLD house. Glad this is my last cycle taking it.

Hi Ladies... first round of 50 mg clomid cd2-6, I am on cd16 and no +opk yet.. no pains or cramps.. when can i expect ovulation. when did you ovulate..
does one stop ovulation strips work when on clomid?:(

Hi ladies. I think Clomid can really stay in your system even after you stop taking it. I took it last cycle, and am due to start taking it again tonight, but already I'm having hot flashes. I felt hot my entire cycle, this last cycle. The past two nights I've had hot flashes that woke me up, sweating big time - like pjs were damp. And I sleep in a COLD house. Glad this is my last cycle taking it.
It can my FS made me stop taking it for two months to get it all out of my system. So it wouldn't alter my blood work.

Interesting. How does it alter your blood work? Also, what are you trying next, that the FS had you take a break to get the clomid out of your system? Just curious! :flower:

If this second clomid/IUI cycle doesn't work, I'm likely doing a natural cycle purely because I'll be out of town the first week of my next cycle and will miss CD 3 blood work. After that, I'll be looking at IUI with injectables, then IVF.

Took my last clomid pill last night at 100mg! Happy it's over, I didn't have any side effects so I'm very happy about that! Last time I had hot flashes on 50mg so I'm surprised I didn't have any side effects but I'm no complaining.

Now I just have to wait until March 31st so Saturday when I go in for a follicle scan! Please, please, more than 1 follicle!

Took my last clomid pill last night at 100mg! Happy it's over, I didn't have any side effects so I'm very happy about that! Last time I had hot flashes on 50mg so I'm surprised I didn't have any side effects but I'm no complaining.

Now I just have to wait until March 31st so Saturday when I go in for a follicle scan! Please, please, more than 1 follicle!

I go tomorrow for my scan. Since this will be my 1st scan, I hope to have atleast one. So excited.

Wish you the best of luck on Saturday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->