The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Mama, for me the hot flashes are worse but the mood swings are a bit better this time around.

I'm getting ready to start Clomid 50mg to try for our second child. I got pregnant on my second cycle with it with my son. My question is how many ppl have taken it and ended up with multiples?

G'day girls!

I am going to be reading back through some of this thread, there are a LOT of posts to get through. Just wanted to say I am also on Clomid this time around. The ObGyn wanted to run a CCCT on me to check ovarian reserve, so he had me take Clomid CD 5 - 9. I am heading in for results tomorrow. So nervous! I do ovulate on my own from what I can tell the past 3 cycles (BBTing and charting)

DH was supposed to do a SA but we got sidetracked with the big "O" on the days leading up to his test ..so still gotta get that done.

Anyhoo....I have to say Ive had some side effects. Not all nice either.

1. A lot moodier (more ANGRY) although mainly on CD 5 - 10. Not so much now.

2. PAINFUL ovaries? I am guessing. Not too sure whats going on down there. Left & right side at different times achey as can be! I honestly thought I had appendicitis last night/this morning. Thank GOD the pains have now gone! I am wondering if I Oed this morning. Ive heard Oing can be a lot more painful on Clomid so hoping thsi is the case with me and nothing else.

3. Had lots more CM than usual CD 4- 7. Seemingly back to normal now.

4. BLOATED!! OMG can we say YUCK! I have gained 5 pounds (at 5 feet tall) something aint right :(

My cycles are usually around 26 - 28 days. I am not being monitored but feel like I have to ask the Ob tomorrow for a squizz when i go in.

Here's praying for many-a-BFP!!!!!!!!!!

I was prescribed 1 50mg daily cd 5-9, opks, then 2 50mg once daily cd 5-9 2nd cycle if no bfp. I had an hsg at the beginning of this cycle. AF not due for 6 more days. Fingers crossed may not even need the clomid.

So I am will be taking my last Clomid pill today (CD5-CD9). I have not had one single side effect yet. Will they come around the time I OV? or did I just get lucky and not get any? I guess my main question is: When do you get the side effects - while you are on it or when you OV?

Hi Lovely's!

For me I experienced the side effects while taking Clomid 100mg 3-7
Hot flashes, bloating and headaches. All have subsided now, maybe small headaches.

So I'm so excited! Today I was to go to my RE just for a follicle scan to see how the Clomid was doing and Guess what? He said I looked amazing and insisted that the hubby and I do IUI today! We were just going to do the Clomid and BD only, but heck who's gonna argue with the RE? :winkwink:
So I my hubby brought in his magic swimmers and I got a trigger shot then as of 2:00pm today we were officially inseminated! :happydance::happydance:

I am CD 13 today and officilly in the two week wait! I know my expectations are probably way to high but heck, why not!

I will probably post this on two other threads I stalk.

Prayers and Blessings to us all!

Can't wait to see everyones results <3

~Angie

I'm getting ready to start Clomid 50mg to try for our second child. I got pregnant on my second cycle with it with my son. My question is how many ppl have taken it and ended up with multiples?

I'm still waiting! hehe I've done some research on it. The best I can figure is it increases your odds between 8-12% With twins being the most common! I just want one healthy one, but will take whatever the lord gives me!!
G'day girls!

I am going to be reading back through some of this thread, there are a LOT of posts to get through. Just wanted to say I am also on Clomid this time around. The ObGyn wanted to run a CCCT on me to check ovarian reserve, so he had me take Clomid CD 5 - 9. I am heading in for results tomorrow. So nervous! I do ovulate on my own from what I can tell the past 3 cycles (BBTing and charting)

DH was supposed to do a SA but we got sidetracked with the big "O" on the days leading up to his test ..so still gotta get that done.

Anyhoo....I have to say Ive had some side effects. Not all nice either.

1. A lot moodier (more ANGRY) although mainly on CD 5 - 10. Not so much now.

2. PAINFUL ovaries? I am guessing. Not too sure whats going on down there. Left & right side at different times achey as can be! I honestly thought I had appendicitis last night/this morning. Thank GOD the pains have now gone! I am wondering if I Oed this morning. Ive heard Oing can be a lot more painful on Clomid so hoping thsi is the case with me and nothing else.

3. Had lots more CM than usual CD 4- 7. Seemingly back to normal now.

4. BLOATED!! OMG can we say YUCK! I have gained 5 pounds (at 5 feet tall) something aint right :(

My cycles are usually around 26 - 28 days. I am not being monitored but feel like I have to ask the Ob tomorrow for a squizz when i go in.

Here's praying for many-a-BFP!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome! I had some of those se's too! They are not fun. But I only had it in the first month. Maybe still some moodiness. Gl!

So I am will be taking my last Clomid pill today (CD5-CD9). I have not had one single side effect yet. Will they come around the time I OV? or did I just get lucky and not get any? I guess my main question is: When do you get the side effects - while you are on it or when you OV?

Most of us get both! You lucked out! You may have more o pain at o time.

I was prescribed 1 50mg daily cd 5-9, opks, then 2 50mg once daily cd 5-9 2nd cycle if no bfp. I had an hsg at the beginning of this cycle. AF not due for 6 more days. Fingers crossed may not even need the clomid.

Fxd!!

I always didn't mind the O pain. Don't get me wrong it hurt and would make walking/sitting or whatever difficult for a half day or so but it was nice to know it was working and be able to time my ovulation.

I like to feel it too cause it makes me think they are working!!

I had no side effects while on it but OMG did I feel it when I ovulated. The only position comfortable to be in was laying down on my stomach. I did that most of the day until I had to get up to go out for dinner....let me tell ya, I did not feel sexy haha

Now this makes me worried because I had a few twinges during o, but it wasn't bad at all :sad:

Now this makes me worried because I had a few twinges during o, but it wasn't bad at all :sad:

Don't be worried Hun, each body is different. We are almost there so stay strong, focused and hang in there!!! It is so easy to mind fu*k ourselves (excuse the language), and i am the queen of that. We can do this! we got this!!! :happydance:

@ Snowflakes - good luck! I also had no side effects while taking the pills. My side effects started when I ovulated and went right through till AF showed up. Cramps, back ache, bloatedness, acne, acid reflux, nausea, hot flushes, sore boobs, really sensitive nipples - I could go on forever! If there is 1 thing I learnt from my first round, it's that the side effects mimic pregnancy symptoms so try not to symptom spot. Good luck!

Don't be worried Hun, each body is different. We are almost there so stay strong, focused and hang in there!!! It is so easy to mind fu*k ourselves (excuse the language), and i am the queen of that. We can do this! we got this!!! :happydance:

Thank you! It's amazing hoe slowly 2 weeks can go by...and I didn't realize that most of the stuff I'm reeking may be side effects from the Clomid either:wacko:

How many days until you test?

Hi ladies! Ok so, my DH and I spoke with my doctor and he is willing to help us out with fertility medication basically whenever we are ready...I am just assuming he will use Clomid (you know what they say about people who assume haha). Anywho...I figured you all would be just the people to talk to about this! I feel bad for jumping the gun (been trying about 3 months but have crazy wicked cycles) but its hard not to when its something we so badly want and he is willing to help us! What is your opinion? The timing would be perfect for us as my DH is in the military....thanks girls!! :dust:

Thank you! It's amazing hoe slowly 2 weeks can go by...and I didn't realize that most of the stuff I'm reeking may be side effects from the Clomid either:wacko:

How many days until you test?

I plan to test Friday. My af symptoms have gone away but I have a killer lower backache. I'm really hating the fact that clomid mimics preggo symptoms but I'm trying to stay positive. If the tww feels like ages, then we are screwed when we have to wait 9 months! Haha :flower:

All my tests are negative so far! I'm 8dpo and I've been using ics 10miu and superdrug tests at 10miu too, nada White as snow :xmas8:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->