The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi ladies! I just wanted to share a little bit of wisdom. My doctor put me on clomid because I had about a year of messed up cycles. I wasn't having a period regularly and after blood work he told me I wasn't ovulating! So first he put me on provera to bring on a withdrawl bleed, since I hadn't had a period in 3+ months. And it didn't work! So he did some more blood work and my estrogen was really low and my uterine lining wasn't building up enough to shed. So the next step was to put me on 1 month of birth control to get my estrogen and progesterone back up to where they should be naturally, also to bring on a withdrawl bleed and this upset me, it felt like I was wasting a whole month that I could be trying to conceive. After finishing up the pill pack, I was to use clomid, 50mg days 1-5. So finally after finishing the pill I started the clomid and my husband and I got to work :) I used OPK to figure out when I was ovulating. Once I knew I was getting close to O day, I started using Pre conceive and soft cups after everytime we BD, up until the day after ovulation... On 9 DPO, I got a positive and we were very elighted and shocked! I wanted to share this with the women on this thread who may be using clomid because if irregualr cycles. If your hormones are out of whack, it might be best to do what my doctor suggested and take a month of BCP and see if that gets your levels back to normal and then do your next dose of clomid! Also, it never hurts to use pre seed and soft cups. Good luck to you all!

Thank you for sharing your success story Brittbray and congrats! Happy and healthy nine months.

Thanks Britt ray and congratulations! I just went straight onto the clomid as my period didn't come back either. I have ovulated now so just waiting waiting waiting...

Almost through my 2ww and having some weird cramping. Maybe implantation? probably just wishful thinking.

Oh I'm excited for you Helena I really hope so. Are you going to test? Have you got sore boobs?

Hmm, just a couple more days and maybe you'll have some hormone in your system if it is implantation. Sounds promising, good luck with testing soon if you do choose! Fx this is it Helena!

I was going to start testing tomorrow, but think I'll wait until af is due now. My boobs hurt on and off. They go from hurting a ton, to nothing. Todays cramps are painful enough to make me saw ow once in a while. Hopefully it's baby snuggling in!

Ohh that sounds so much like you're pregnant Helena, keeping everything crossed for you! :dust: :dust:

silly question, but if i start clomid while i have pcos do they have to do something about my cysts,? like get rid of them so eggs have space to grow??

I was going to start testing tomorrow, but think I'll wait until af is due now. My boobs hurt on and off. They go from hurting a ton, to nothing. Todays cramps are painful enough to make me saw ow once in a while. Hopefully it's baby snuggling in!

Do did you decide you are waiting? Your siggy still shows test day which is why I ask. If I were you I would start until at least 10-11 dpo, as it's hard to detect before then. If you can wait, all power to ya, I can never wait the full time!
Good luck!!!!

I'm 5dpo and trying not to symptom spot, but I'm having a hard time sleeping. I'm restless all night and wake up a lot, and I normally get cold very easily but the past week it feels like I cant get the house cold enough at night (DH says he's freezing and someone even came out to look at our AC). Has anyone had this before, either from Clomid or a BFP? My nipples are also incredibly sensitive, it hurts to take a shower or put a shirt on.

silly question, but if i start clomid while i have pcos do they have to do something about my cysts,? like get rid of them so eggs have space to grow??

Not silly, I don't have pcos but have a lot of friends who do on here and as far as I'm aware you don't have to wait. Once the egg is fertilised and implants it's in your uterus then so the eggs won't affect it. I think pcos just means it might be a bit harder to get pregnant and there is a very slight increased chance of mc (think for hormonal reasons) but SO many women have babies successfully with pcos I dont think you need to worry hun, after the embryo implants you should be home and dry! Fx for you! :dust:

Do did you decide you are waiting? Your siggy still shows test day which is why I ask. If I were you I would start until at least 10-11 dpo, as it's hard to detect before then. If you can wait, all power to ya, I can never wait the full time!
Good luck!!!!
I agree with hopeful42nd (there are a lot of 'hopeful's' on this thread!!!) it is harder to detect. However I have to test early as I am on this treatment program and I need to up my dose of steroids as soon as I get a bfp and go for intralipid treatment. I have always got faint positives by 9dpo on Internet cheapie tests which are very sensitive (10miu) x

I'm 5dpo and trying not to symptom spot, but I'm having a hard time sleeping. I'm restless all night and wake up a lot, and I normally get cold very easily but the past week it feels like I cant get the house cold enough at night (DH says he's freezing and someone even came out to look at our AC). Has anyone had this before, either from Clomid or a BFP? My nipples are also incredibly sensitive, it hurts to take a shower or put a shirt on.
I am jet lagged so it's difficult to say. No bb soreness for me but I was burning up hot last night and my hubby said it wasn't hot! X

I think I'll be waiting. I only decided to test this early, becausE it's april fool's day. if it was negative I could just say that it's baby playing a prank... Haha.

I think I'll be waiting. I only decided to test this early, becausE it's april fool's day. if it was negative I could just say that it's baby playing a prank... Haha.

I tested this morning, stupid I know! Bfn as expected....but I like your way of thinking. Baby is playing an April fools trick on mommy lol. Let's really hope that's the case!

I tested this morning, stupid I know! Bfn as expected....but I like your way of thinking. Baby is playing an April fools trick on mommy lol. Let's really hope that's the case!

Fx! How many dpo?

I think I am either 10-11dpo....I gave up trying to calculate lol. I'm going to test again on fri if af doesn't show. She is due around that time. I have been having af like cramps since friday so I don't know what to think anymore. :/

I have an odd question... I'm on CD 11 and took my first round of clomid 2-6. On CD 10 (yesterday) I had pink, creamy CM. I've never had this, that I have noticed. What could this mean? My cycles are usually 50-100 days, so I don't know if this is typical of a "normal" cycle courtesy of the clomid?! Just curious!!

Hello all!!!

Well its my first month on clomid this month i started 50mg on days 2 -6 .. im now in my "most fertile" area wahoooo .... Fingwers crossed!.... i have to say (maybe tmi lol ) that i have noticed a lot of the sticky "egg white" type mucus a lot more than usual so hopefully thats a good sign right? ..

Has any one else suffered any side effects??

I had the hot flushes now and again and the crazy mood swings feel a bit erratic now and again lol but find the funny side later on ..feel im going crazy sometimes ha ha!! Poor hubby!!

Lots of baby dust to everyone!! x

Hi Everyone,
Well I'm back at square 1, AF showed herself on Saturday, so I start my next lot of Fertomid on Wednesday, 100mg again CD5-9. I'm really hoping I get less side effects this time round and will be trying some Grapefruit juice every morning until I Ovulate as I had very litte CM last time round. Has anyone experienced a change in side effects the second time round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->