The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi ladies, quick question.

Which is the best days to take clomid, 2-6 or 3-7?

I'm a little confused...

I have a question... I just found out my last cycle of clomid 50 mg I did not ovulate it was my first cycle on it as well. My dr up'd my dosage to 100 mg. I was just wondering if all the side effects are going to be al ot stronger or just the same. Hope some one can help me.

I take clomid days 5-9 as per my dr.

I have a question... I just found out my last cycle of clomid 50 mg I did not ovulate it was my first cycle on it as well. My dr up'd my dosage to 100 mg. I was just wondering if all the side effects are going to be al ot stronger or just the same. Hope some one can help me.

I didn't O on my first cycle at 50mg either and onto 100mg this cycle, take my first dose tonight before bed.

well let me know how it goes. I am taking provera to bring on af then clomid.

I will let you know, I took norethisterone this cycle which is basically provera and I am on CD 2 today, my lining was 1cm thick all round with this cycle so even though my ovaries were not ready my lining was! This is one hell of an AF :(.

Fingers crossed to both of us!!

Yes you can absolutely ovulate 5 days after. In fact most people will ovulate between 5 - 7 days after, that's how clomid works and its really good if you have O'v now! Yay for a short cycle!! x

My cycles are normally 23-24 days and I was worried they were going to be 30-32 days! So, I am happy that they should still be pretty short!!:happydance:

Hopefully, I will have a BFP in 10-12 days!!! We have been :sex: everyday for the past 3 days and plan to for atleast another 3 or 4 days!!

Yes!! Sounds really good, you have done everything you can - now you just have the dreaded 2WW!! xxx... tons of :dust: ..xx

Hi ladies, quick question.

Which is the best days to take clomid, 2-6 or 3-7?

I'm a little confused...

Some people say taking clomid earlier ie 2-6 has a chance of producing more follicules - and days 3 - 7 produces better quality ones.

However it's very hit and miss, and to be perfectly honest I don't think it really matters at all. Go on your doctors advice.

Unfortunately you'll just have to wait and see - did you have bad side effects on 50mg? It's likely that they will be stronger than what they had but I didn't consider my 100mg side effects 'bad', just really bad hot flushes and some cramping. Everyone's body reacts so differently to clomid there's no way to tell how you will react. All the best x

I have taken 5 cycles of clomid (currenlty on break from clomid). 1st 2 cycles were 50mg and those two cycles I think I had the most side effects. 3rd 100 mg 4th 150mg 5th 200 mg. I didn't o until I got to 150mg. I didn't really have any side effects at the higer doses. Maybe some cramping. Good luck.

Hi ladies! :)

I was instructed to try a cycle with soy iso before they would give me clomid. I did....and this is the result. Annovulatory....so now i'm going to see the RE who said he'd give me clomid. Hoping 50mg does it and that I at least O on it. I'm sick and tired of these long cycles. :( Last one was 97 days. I'm hoping I don't have to wait that long for AF so I can start the clomid. They won't prescribe provera here because apparently it's "an outdated treatment"....ugh. :(

I just wanted to share our good news! After our second month on clomid, I got my BFP this morning! We have been trying for 6 months, and I really didn't think I would see a positive this am.

Good luck to you all! Don't give up!!!

I just wanted to share our good news! After our second month on clomid, I got my BFP this morning! We have been trying for 6 months, and I really didn't think I would see a positive this am.

Wahoodle! Thats great news! How soon did you test post ovulation? I am on my first round of Clomid and AF is due tomorrow. I tested yesterday with a BFN but I don't feel like AF is coming. My boobs hurt worse than ever and that has never happened before. Did your boobs feel heavy and sore?

Congrats thats awesome news. Love waking up to that. Maybe if not this time then the second round will work for me too :) We also have only been trying for six months. This is the first try with medical assistance.

God Bless

~Angie

Wahoodle! Thats great news! How soon did you test post ovulation? I am on my first round of Clomid and AF is due tomorrow. I tested yesterday with a BFN but I don't feel like AF is coming. My boobs hurt worse than ever and that has never happened before. Did your boobs feel heavy and sore?

Congrats thats awesome news. Love waking up to that. Maybe if not this time then the second round will work for me too :) We also have only been trying for six months. This is the first try with medical assistance.

God Bless

~Angie

Thank you!!!!!! I am not sure when I ovulated, but I am guessing I did later than average. My husband was our of town for work the first half of my window, so I really didn't have any hope. AF was due today though. I took a test and watched it for a good 2 mintues....nothing happened. So I walked away. I came back in the bathroom about 2 minutes later and saw a second line, but very faint. I thought I was seeing things! I found a FRER in my drawer and tested with that, and got another positive. They were both faint though, but def there! So, don't give up! I tested this week (Wed I think) and got a negative.

Good luck!!!!!

God Bless

~Angie

Thank you!!!!!! I am not sure when I ovulated, but I am guessing I did later than average. My husband was our of town for work the first half of my window, so I really didn't have any hope. AF was due today though. I took a test and watched it for a good 2 mintues....nothing happened. So I walked away. I came back in the bathroom about 2 minutes later and saw a second line, but very faint. I thought I was seeing things! I found a FRER in my drawer and tested with that, and got another positive. They were both faint though, but def there! So, don't give up! I tested this week (Wed I think) and got a negative.

Good luck!!!!!

That makes me feel so much better. Thanks!
My RE/FS told me some women will not get a +HPT until a week after AF is due and some get it a week before..haha So I am hanging on to that :)

Momto3and- congrats :happydance: on your :bfp:!!!

Nevertoolate70- try not to overthink and stress. Doing that always made AF come a day or two late, what a cruel joke! Hope you instinct is right about AF not starting, good luck!

Congrats, Momto3! That's great news and gives me hope for my 2nd round of Clomid!

I have a question for you ladies. How long should I wait after my Clomid pills to start opks? I'll take my last pill tomorrow on CD7.

Congrats Momto3!!!:happydance:

Ladies, I had the worst pains in my lower right side and slight pains in my lower left side last night. I also, got unusually bloated yesterday. Could this have been ovulation? I finished Clomid on CD8 and yesterday was CD13.

Yeterday, my temps were high as I said and then again this morning, they were high. I had some EWCM yesterday but today, none so far.

I'm about to start my third round of Clomid, my second on 100mg with Metformin. I was just about to take the Provera when :witch: showed up on her own. Never thought I'd be so happy to see her :happydance:! FX it's because I ovulated although I didn't get a + OPK

Good luck this round to everyone!

hey girls!
i am fairly new to this site but i figured id try it out...i am stressing big time!
my DH and i have been trying for a year now, i was diagnosed with PCOS and I am on my second cycle of clomid. last cycle (50 mg) i sadly experienced a chemical pregnancy. on the positive note...at least i ovulated, right?!
so here i was looking forward to cycle number two thinking this *might* be our month, and the stupid army decides they are sending hubby to the field for a week....on my CD 12-19!! GRR! thats what we get for joining the military, huh? so i am most likely out this month...which is such a huge bummer! on second thought, maybe i can get him to request conjugal visits?? :winkwink:

its good to read all of the positive and supportive comments on this page! ttc is such a roller coaster ride so its nice to vent to ladies in the same boat.
good luck to all you mommies to be with hubbies that are not owned by the military..(grr). this is the month for christmas babies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->