The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi guys can I join this thread as I really need some support. TTC since Aug 2011. I went off bc and my af went awol. To date I've had 2 cycles (203 days and 80+). These came as a result of meds. Diagnosed with pcos and given metformin and clomid days 2-6.

Well finished the clomid, currently on cd 11. I'm meant to take metformin twice a day morn/even, but these past few days I haven't been able to take it due to the side effects.

Am feeling cautiously optimistic for this cycle. It feels like with a year of nearly ttc this could be our first real chance!! When should I test??

Welcome, Amelia! The women on here are wonderfully supportive. When to test depends on when you o. Are you charting your bbt or doing opks?

Has there ever been a poll on this thread or another for clomid users? I'm curious to see how quickly it works and how many result in twins...

night scerena! :hugs:

i completly agree with you justwantababy , ive seen so many negative pregnancy tests that i cant imagine seeing a positive one ! and i dont know what id do when i do !! id probably be in that much shock that i would just sit there and cry ! !! :cry:

im also suffering the clomid effects! the spots are absolutly juicy and making thierselves noticed!! ive also had some mild constipation!! overall the side effects havent been that bad so if it dosnt happen this month then im mroe than happy to go through it all again next month , and the month after that, and the one after that untill i get my clomid baby !!!

xx
What round did clomid work for you? I see Ur having three?!

Has there ever been a poll on this thread or another for clomid users? I'm curious to see how quickly it works and how many result in twins...

I would be interested in the poll also to see which round most women got their bfp with clomid.
The thought of twins use to freak me out, but now after going through such a journey with tcc, I wouldn't mind twins at all. Whatever dh and I are blessed with as long as he/she is healthy :)

im 14dpo today and for the last few days have had really starnge cramp type pains like a acheyness around my ovary area followed by a rather odd dragging kind of pain accross my uterus:shrug: af due tomoz or day after sonot sure what to think can clomid do that to af pains?

I'm on Cd24 and my nipples are really sensitive...I'm going to take an opk tonight and find out if I'm maybe ovulating...but the doctor said the clomid didn't work 10 days ago....so I dunno.

I'd be curious to see how many sets of twins or more resulted from clomid use as well.

Have you guys talked with your SO's about the possibility of multiples, and what you will do? We've decided that we would reduce, in the case of high order multiples...but I think twins would be nice. ;)

I'm still nervous and nobody gave me any answers or thoughts about my 8 follicles.... I had 8 immature follies, all measuring about the same, and will be taking provera and clomid shortly. I'm wondering if only one or two will mature....or if I could pop out multiple eggs since they're all about the same maturity level.

I would love twins!! Boy and girl! Lol :) as long as the baby's healthy I'm good. :) but my doctor warned me about twins...that would be cool...dh thinks so too..

My DH thinks even twins would be "too much" and wants just ONE baby. lol I think twins would be great too!

He's also decided that he doens't want to know the sex of the baby, so I don't get to know either...so now I have to plan a nursery and clothing and everything for the newborn in NEUTRAL colors. BOO! lol

He told me he's going to have the doctor write the sex down and seal it in an envelope so he can hold it over me the whole pregnancy. haha :lol:

I went ahead and posted a poll in the pregnancy forum....so hopefully we'll get some answers on multiple births/how many babies everyone conceived on clomid. I also asked that if anyone wanted to include how many cycles of clomid it took them to conceive, that would be great. :)

Check it out here!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...omid-babies-poll-please-answer-thank-you.html

I went ahead and posted a poll in the pregnancy forum....so hopefully we'll get some answers on multiple births/how many babies everyone conceived on clomid. I also asked that if anyone wanted to include how many cycles of clomid it took them to conceive, that would be great. :)

Check it out here!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...omid-babies-poll-please-answer-thank-you.html

Yay my main ? Is how many rounds! Keep me updated :) thanks

I had two follicles fire for my last two rounds, so I keep thinking about the possibility of twins. One the one hand I think it would be great, especially since ttc has been tough. But the extra expense of two at once scares me... I think I'll just be happy with whatever happens though.

I'm 7dpo today, I've had gas, mild cramping, and constant backache for the past few days. My bbs and nipples are also pretty sore. This morning my temp dipped slightly... Are these good signs?

I'd be curious to see how many sets of twins or more resulted from clomid use as well.

Have you guys talked with your SO's about the possibility of multiples, and what you will do? We've decided that we would reduce, in the case of high order multiples...but I think twins would be nice. ;)

I'm still nervous and nobody gave me any answers or thoughts about my 8 follicles.... I had 8 immature follies, all measuring about the same, and will be taking provera and clomid shortly. I'm wondering if only one or two will mature....or if I could pop out multiple eggs since they're all about the same maturity level.
Dh and I know the chance for us having twins is greater then usual because I am an identical but fraternal twins run in my family and I have a personal history of multiple egg release in the past. I use to commonly get 2 eggs release from opposite sides at the same time. My ovaries don't take turns they either produce or don't. I had 6 release at one time right after my depoprovera wore off after 11 years on the shot. So it is possible but unlikely for you to release that many @ one time. It would cause you to be fairly ill feeling though. I was very sick when mine went haywire like that.

My scan went great!!!I have 1 12mm follicle, 1 23mm follicle, and 2 22mm follicles!! She said I will more than likely release all 3!! OH is scared we will catch all 3! Just imagine! I am praying we catch at least one.

I will trigger tonight at 8PM.

Hi guys can I join this thread as I really need some support. TTC since Aug 2011. I went off bc and my af went awol. To date I've had 2 cycles (203 days and 80+). These came as a result of meds. Diagnosed with pcos and given metformin and clomid days 2-6.

Well finished the clomid, currently on cd 11. I'm meant to take metformin twice a day morn/even, but these past few days I haven't been able to take it due to the side effects.

Am feeling cautiously optimistic for this cycle. It feels like with a year of nearly ttc this could be our first real chance!! When should I test??

Welcome, Amelia! The women on here are wonderfully supportive. When to test depends on when you o. Are you charting your bbt or doing opks?

Hi I dont chart or do opks, I am just keeping an eye for changes in body,mucus, pains etc.. I find ttc very stressful sometimes and think I would become obsessed if I starting charting using opks etc

Dh and I know the chance for us having twins is greater then usual because I am an identical but fraternal twins run in my family and I have a personal history of multiple egg release in the past. I use to commonly get 2 eggs release from opposite sides at the same time. My ovaries don't take turns they either produce or don't. I had 6 release at one time right after my depoprovera wore off after 11 years on the shot. So it is possible but unlikely for you to release that many @ one time. It would cause you to be fairly ill feeling though. I was very sick when mine went haywire like that.

Thank you! That's what I was worried of. I will keep an eye on how i'm feeling and let the doctor know if I have a lot of pain or anything super weird. I have no history of twins on my side, but DH's daughters were both supposed to be twins (identical, they think) so he thinks for some reason that his sperm splits eggs. lol But I don't think it works that way. I know fraternal twins are usually a result of ovulating 2 eggs, and can be hereditary on the woman's side....but what about identical twins? I think they're still unsure of why that happens, correct?

after almost 3 years i LOVE CLOMID

Attachments

• DSC_0047.jpg
    DSC_0047.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member