The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hello!
Wow this is a loooooong thread!
Well I have PCOS (and YES I do feel I have been gaining weight on clomid) and I'm on my 2nd round, cd19 now.
First round went well, progesterone at day 21 was 79 but no BFP. Doctor thinks maybe chemical preg. Sad, but at least it worked.
Symptoms have been less this time so HOPING HOPING HOPING that does'nt mean it has'nt worked. I guess I will know later this week.

Anyway just wanted to jump on and offer my support. I know what a tough journey this is, full of highs and LOTS of lows!

I have just found this site today and have written on about 4 different threads! Think I better stop now or I'm going to have trouble finding them again to see what you all say! :winkwink:

Hello!
Well I have PCOS (and YES I do feel I have been gaining weight on clomid) and I'm on my 2nd round, cd19 now.
First round went well, progesterone at day 21 was 79 but no BFP. Doctor thinks maybe chemical preg. Sad, but at least it worked.
Symptoms have been less this time so HOPING HOPING HOPING that does'nt mean it has'nt worked. I guess I will know later this week.

Anyway just wanted to jump on and offer my support. I know what a tough journey this is, full of highs and LOTS of lows!

I have just found this site today and have written on about 4 different threads! Think I better stop now or I'm going to have trouble finding them again to see what you all say! :winkwink:
You can always search for both threads and posts from yourself using the search button. Just type in you username intothe search box and select either posts or threads.

Hello!

Welcome Micha2! Are they testing your progesterone again this round? Let us know what they say. I did 50mg and my CD21 test was less than 1...not so good. So I'm moving up to 100mg this round.

This is a great site, you'll enjoy the support!

Good luck and baby dust! :dust:

Hiya ladies

Welcome Micha2 :-D

I've not posted in a few days, I'm so confused. AF was due Thursday evening and it's Monday...
I did test on Thursday and it was negative. I don't know what to do now. Maybe I should go into town and get more tests?

Good luck everyone and oodles of baby dust to you all!!

TTCBean, my RE says to count cd1 as the first day you have normal red blood with a AF like flow. I too spot about 2-6 days before AF starts, so I know how frustrating it is!! I usually get to the point where I know she's coming and I just want it to start so I can move on! Have you had your progesterone tested? Mine is always fine, but I insisted in doing progesterone supplements this cycle post iui and I haven spotted yet. I go in for my beta this Wednesday.

Good luck!!

Hi! I think you can get progesterone cream at a compounding pharmacy without an Rx. I had the pills prescribed and you can swallow them or insert into your vagina. I have been ttc for almost 2 years and have spotting before AF the entire time. My progesterone has been checked countless times and is always ok, but I am pretty sure it drops off too early and that's why I spot. So this cycle I asked my doctor if he cared if I took the supplements and he was on board with it. I would talk to your doctor about it if you suspect a problem. It's not expensive and you can never have too much of it, just my two cents worth. Good luck!

Welcome Micha2! Are they testing your progesterone again this round? Let us know what they say. I did 50mg and my CD21 test was less than 1...not so good. So I'm moving up to 100mg this round.

Good luck and baby dust! :dust:[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to let you know when I was on 50mg of clomid my progesterone level was 4.06 :wacko:...then second month she has put me on 100 and progesterone was 65 but no BFP...I am on my fourth round now..so I guess I am writing this to let you know that 100mg can make a difference...

Good luck and lots and lots and lots of baby dust...

Oh man TTC! I almost always start in the morning, so I don't have that problem. I would be inclined to count today as cd1, but I have seen others say their doctor said if AF starts after 12 noon then count the following day as cd1.

See what everyone else says!? Sorry I can't be more help! :(

I was told by my dr to count the first day of spotting as my first day of my cycle. It is funny how different drs will say different things!

Hi girls,

I'm a little confused as usual... I had my CD21 progesterone this past friday on CD20 as CD21 was a saturday... The results were 27.1 and I think I was 3/5DPO. I had levels taken yesterday too and im waiting on the results, is that a good results for 3/5DPO?

Do progesterone levels continue to rise until they fall?

Any help would be great! x

Good luck and baby dust! :dust:

I just wanted to let you know when I was on 50mg of clomid my progesterone level was 4.06 :wacko:...then second month she has put me on 100 and progesterone was 65 but no BFP...I am on my fourth round now..so I guess I am writing this to let you know that 100mg can make a difference...

Good luck and lots and lots and lots of baby dust...[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tlm!

I got quite a bit of red af now. It is nearly 11 pm. Do I count today (Monday) as CD1? And then tomorrow as 2? My doc wants me to take Clomid CD3-7 so I don't want to mess up... Thanks ladies for your help! :)

Thanks Sasha - that makes me feel a little better! I'm just waiting for AF to show her face and then I start on CD5, so sometime next week I'm assuming!

TTCBean, my doctor told me that as soon as I start spotting that is CD1. I'm not sure if the day you take your Clomid matters at all though. I'm CD5-9, so even if I started a day early or something I'd still be at least 3-7. I'm sure that doesn't help, try calling your doctor and asking.

Thanks ladies... My doctor told me first day of full flow should be considered cd1... so I'll go with today (Tuesday) as day 1 since it was so late when I got it.

Finished my clomid on Monday and am waiting to O. FF is estimating I should O sometime this weekend....so starting wed-thursday we're going to BD every other day until his surgery next Thursday. :)

Tomorrow is 8dpo, 15 days after last pill taken. Would I be foolish to take a test?

Kookycake, I would say that number is good. They usually like to test progesterone at 7dpo - I think this is when it peaks (if you do an iui my RE does it 7dpiui). And they like to see it above 10 on an unmedicated cycle and at least 15 on a medicated cycle. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Tomorrow is 8dpo, 15 days after last pill taken. Would I be foolish to take a test?

I'd say it's early, but who cares, if it's neg you can just dismiss it as too early. 8dpo is usually the earliest I hear ppl getting a positive. Good luck!

Got my test results back progesterone indicates I O ed! So waiting till July 1 st or 2nd to test. Fingers x.

Hoping to get my BFP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->