The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Lol youre supposed to help me be strong, not encourage craziness! Tsk Tsk. ::wink::

Scerena -Sorry to hear the bad news but it's too early for you to worry as you're only 24.
Everyone is meant to be a mum ...there is a lot of options out there so don't lose hope.
Just cry out your frustrations...when I got BFN I cried a lot too, my husband was so supportive and I realized that we grew and we love each other deeply as we go to this journey.

Holi - goodluck.. I don't know that you can still have a positive OPK for several days..I might keep on testing after I got my O. I'll start testing next week.

UPDATE FOR ME

I just spoke with my doctor and he explained my results a little better to me.. He said I should ovulate today or tomorrow! I guess my positive opks last night were real.. He are my results again!

lining- 9.2mm

right ovary
2.3cm follicle = 23mm
2.0 cm follicle = 20mm
around 5cm cyst = 50mm

left ovary
two 1.8cm follicles = 18mm
1.6cm follicle = 16mm

So it looks like I will be ovulating from my right ovary any day!!!

Scerena- so sorry to hear about your appt :hugs: but all hope is not lost. your egg grew alot and i think with 19mm you may still have a shot. I think ivf at your age is up to you as whether you want to try that. I've been reading a book about infertility and how most doctors immediately refer to ivf when they don't look for the underlying cause of why you cant conceive. Its called "Making Babies-3 month program" if your interested in reading up on it. i got it right before i started my clomid, so if i don't conceive by the end of my clomid i'm allowed, i'm going back to that book to practice what it says. You should definitely give clomid another go with a higher dosage though

Holi-your opks are crazy!! you HAVE TO BE PREGNANT!

Loloshells-you have alot of patience to not test again! i think i'm more afraid of a negative showing up when i test, so i understand.

UPDATE FOR ME

I just spoke with my doctor and he explained my results a little better to me.. He said I should ovulate today or tomorrow! I guess my positive opks last night were real.. He are my results again!

lining- 9.2mm

right ovary
2.3cm follicle = 23mm
2 cm follicle = 20mm
around 5cm cyst = 50mm

left ovary
1.6cm follicle = 16mm

those are some great numbers!! get busy!!! hope yall are feeling better and can pull through! fx'd for you!

Im getting a scan on the 20th .. wish me luck!

Hi Mrs Brown, I am getting my scan on the 20th aswell! :flower:

Sorry bad news- my follicles got no bigger just one that's 19mm, my lining has gone down 4mm so too thin again- and oh sperm count keeps going up an down so they said ivf is my best option so doubt I'll be on this thread for much longer :(

It's so expensive so I might be an egg doner as get it alot cheaper rather than £5,000 a go :/ in the mean time I might upp my dose next month as I have some clomid left over- they've only had me on it 2 months my body might of just needed time... Oh sperm count was border line this time and usually is above normal but could of been where he was ill but they just think ivf will be more effective for us...

Been crying most of the day I don't think I'm meant to be a mummy
X

Scerena, I am so sorry to hear that, but don't lose hope, you never know what can happen, I have read of girls on here getting told at their scan that they didn't ovulate and then wham....they are pregnant! If not I would deffo use the left over clomid you have :hugs:

hi all! sorry to jump in, ive posted this is another board to as i wasnt sure where to go lol..
Basically i was on clomid 3 months, am now in a month off and im cd38. clomid cycles were 28,32,32. Normal prior could be up to cd37. Not sure whats happened as i always have really sore bbs from ov to af. I havent tested.. what should i do,wait it out?
Good luck everyone xx

Buttons....:test::test::test:!

UPDATE FOR ME

lining- 9.2mm

right ovary
2.3cm follicle = 23mm
2.0 cm follicle = 20mm
around 5cm cyst = 50mm

left ovary
1.6cm follicle = 16mm

prettynpink, yes that is me done with clomid I was on 2-6, those results are fab!! I really think you will be getting your :bfp: this cycle

Holi - good luck for your blood results
Hi to all the newbies!

xx

Scerena - I'm so sorry...:nope: I would say try another round before getting into IVF. Whenever you DO become a mum, you will feel that THAT child is exactly who was supposed to be your child, and you'll realize all these BFNs and years of trying were nothing...because you have your child! I don't know about you but I'm open to adoption if things don't work out for me. But I'm 34and have a lot less years of fertility left!

Prettyinpink...sounds AWESOME!!! Avoid dairy and drink lots of water to keep that CM slippery!

So I'm supposed to go on vacation with my brother and sister in law and their four kids starting on Sunday, which will be CD 15 for me, without my DH. It's nothing too exciting, just a timeshare week at a resort in Wisconsin that a friend gave my brother. I can't decide if I should go. This is only my first round of clomid 50mg, so I don't even know if I will ovulate!
Today is CD 12, so we'll start bd tonight and do 12, 14, and morning of 15...but I'm so worried that I'll ovulate late! I don't get to have scans to see where things are. I'm temping, OPKing, checking CM, no signs of O so far.
My best friend is a nurse midwife and said that if the clomid works, it should make us ovulate on day 14. Has this generally been true for you guys?
Should I go or not? I can't decide!!!!:shrug:
Thanks!

i just wanted to show u guys my opks for the past 3 days. im 6dpo and still they r very positive.

[URL=https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/img0151mw.jpg/][IMG]https://img42.imageshack.us/img42/7091/img0151mw.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

as u can see i have labelled them with ym CD days. im CD22today

and heres a zoomed in version..

[URL=https://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/img0153mn.jpg/][IMG]https://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5823/img0153mn.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

what do u think? x

wow those do look positive. Ya know they do say that you may get pos OPKs if you are prego. I think I have heard that if you are in fact prego you will get a pos preg test before a pos OPK. Have you tried testing just to see (I know its still early being only 6dpo but Im crazy and would POAS just to see haha) Is there any chance you are more then 6DPO?

So I'm supposed to go on vacation with my brother and sister in law and their four kids starting on Sunday, which will be CD 15 for me, without my DH. It's nothing too exciting, just a timeshare week at a resort in Wisconsin that a friend gave my brother. I can't decide if I should go. This is only my first round of clomid 50mg, so I don't even know if I will ovulate!
Today is CD 12, so we'll start bd tonight and do 12, 14, and morning of 15...but I'm so worried that I'll ovulate late! I don't get to have scans to see where things are. I'm temping, OPKing, checking CM, no signs of O so far.
My best friend is a nurse midwife and said that if the clomid works, it should make us ovulate on day 14. Has this generally been true for you guys?
Should I go or not? I can't decide!!!!:shrug:
Thanks!

not everyone will ovulate on cd 14 on clomid. what days did you take it on? when i did 3-7 i ovulated on cd 14 and then 15 on second cycle. 3rd and 4th cd 19 and 17. So it varies dependin on your body. Hmm, if it were me, i probably wouldn't go but thats me. Is your doctor following you while taking clomid?

I O'd on CD 18 this last batch of Clomid. I took it day 5-9. I am on my third round. If I do not get knocked up this round, the doctor is going to start doing ultrasounds and blood work along with my normal temping.

so ladies, ive had some bad news .

my doctor called me this morning with results from my bloodtest. she said i have not O this month after all. my progestrone is 2!
so crap!

she also has now told me i should not be taking clomid anymore and i will have to come in to discuss my options , and im defo gona have key hole surgery to look at my ovaries. im so scared. i had so much hope for 150mg of clomid.
im actually really annoyed with my doc as when i had my scan last friday she said altho she couldnt see a big follie she said she could see my lining was nice and thick for O and i had a patch of liquid which suggested i O'd so she told me i had. i obv havnt so now im feeling really let down, id rather she just told me at the scan that i probs hadn't O'd.

so now im off clomid and waiting too see where to go next. ill keep a look out on the thread but im probs not gonna get too involved till i know where i stand.

baby dust to all u ladies. someone show us BFP this month xxxxx

... just to add, god knows what these positive opks are all about, i go another one with my FMU today aswell. so they r obv all just crappy ones. x

So sorry holi.

I've also had bad news today. I went to the emergency clinic as I was getting loads of right sided pain. I've got a 6cm cyst that I've bled into. Hopefully it will go on it's own but there's a significant chance my ovary will twist on the cyst. If it does my pain will get worse suddenly and I'll need surgery. My ovary would likely die.
Frustratingly I've good good follicles on the left but the cyst makes it too painful and dangerous to bd so we can't.
I have to have another scan in 4 weeks to see if it's any better and no more clomid for the time being. Feeling like it's never going o happen for us, this was my nightmare thing after having cysts previously.
Like holi I'll still watch the thread but prob wont be as involved. Wish you all much luck and :dust: though.

so sorry beanhunter, hope ur pain isnt to bad xxx PM me if u ever wna tlk

not everyone will ovulate on cd 14 on clomid. what days did you take it on? when i did 3-7 i ovulated on cd 14 and then 15 on second cycle. 3rd and 4th cd 19 and 17. So it varies dependin on your body. Hmm, if it were me, i probably wouldn't go but thats me. Is your doctor following you while taking clomid?

I took it on CD 3-7. I'm doing that progesterone test on the 23rd, so that's the only way my doc is following me at this time. So did you also take it cd 3-7 when you O'd on cd19 and 17?

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->