The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

I am sad to hear the bad news Holli and Beanhunter, I am so sorry! Big hugs to both of you

I just got a positive OPK!!!! I usually do them in the evening and its only 11am!

Hi I'm new to this site and to the forums, I wasn't sure exactly which one to post in as I've experienced loss but will also be using fertility medication to try to conceive so I'll probably post it twice!

In 2007 I lost my son at 21 weeks pregnant. I suffered a severe placental abruption with an unknown cause. Around 6 weeks later they also tested me for an incompetent cervix which is so bad I will need an abdominal suture to hold baby in place and then will be delivered by c-section. I also have PCOS and haven't had a single period in 4 years since my late miscarriage.

So here I am, fast approaching 30 and it's been 4 years since my loss but every day is still as painful as the first. I'm not ovulating but have just been prescribed Clomid to help with that and hoping it will boost my ovulation a bit. I have also been given Norethisterone that I have to take 3 times a day for 10 days to bring on a period for me and then I take 50mg of Clomid days 3-7 and hopefully ovulate and even better, maybe fall pregnant!

I am terrified yet excited. It would completely break my heart if I experienced another loss but for 4 years I have been saying that I'm too scared and now I guess it feels like the right time in my life to try again. Today is my 1st day on the Norithisterone and I have 10 days of it to go before AF will start and then it's clomid days 3-7 (I'm scared of this clomid, I'm quite medication phobic!)

I look forward to getting to know some of you and thanks for taking the time to read this :hugs:

well I just went to my doctor today, and got some more clomid. I just had an erpc, a week ago, and she says since I finally stopped bleeding, I can try again as soon as i want.
anyone else trying again, after losing an kidney and after an erpc?

Scerena, Holi, Beanhunter - ladies I am so very sorry to hear your bad news. I'm still very positive for each of you though. Please stay hopeful. I hope you all stay with us. I learn so much from you gals and want to see your BFPs.

Its been a while since I've been able to catch up. I haven't been on too much since I don't have any updates. I'm trying to wait patiently for my next exam to see if I'm ready to start clomid. I go in the 28th. Until then sticking to the South Beach diet to help shrink the cysts and taking prenatals.

Baby dust! Hopefully someone soon will have a BFP!

welcome angel_mummy, I am very sorry for your loss you experienced. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to go through that. You must be a very strong woman. Wishing you lots of luck now that you are trying again!

Does anyone know if we are always supposed to get at least a faint line on an opk? I'm CD 14 and I do have a very faint line. This is my first time using opks so I'm learning.

today i got prescribed 50mg of chlomid after 4 1.2 years of no pregnancy. im scared?
what are my chances? will my cbfm work? will opks work as well? will it mess my temps up? i start taking it next cycle

Ladies!! I am coming back to join you! Not been on here much as I've had a very stressful week with work and in all honesty I gave up last week when it got to like CD28 ish!

Anyway I haven't tested in days but tonight thought what the hell and look! I can't believe it, didn't think it could happen this late. Can you not ovulate but have an LH surge???

https://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4548/p1090649q.jpg

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE - LOOK AT ME, I DID AND LOOK AT THIS NOW!!!

not everyone will ovulate on cd 14 on clomid. what days did you take it on? when i did 3-7 i ovulated on cd 14 and then 15 on second cycle. 3rd and 4th cd 19 and 17. So it varies dependin on your body. Hmm, if it were me, i probably wouldn't go but thats me. Is your doctor following you while taking clomid?

I took it on CD 3-7. I'm doing that progesterone test on the 23rd, so that's the only way my doc is following me at this time. So did you also take it cd 3-7 when you O'd on cd19 and 17?

Thanks for your help!

those cycles I took 3-9 so my doc added 2 extra days of clomid...which REALLY helped make my follicles more mature. I hope you O soon. What day are you on?

today i got prescribed 50mg of chlomid after 4 1.2 years of no pregnancy. im scared?
what are my chances? will my cbfm work? will opks work as well? will it mess my temps up? i start taking it next cycle

anyone feel like helping im a newbie and i have no idea what im getting into?

will my fertility monitor work?
will opks work?
should i use my preseed and soft cups with it?
will it mess my bbt temp up?
i was told to take it cd 5-9 is this right?

Beanhunter and Holi-so sorry to hear your bad news. I hope everything works out for you soon.
Scerena-I hope you come back!

missangie-congrats on your +opk!

angel_mummy-so sorry for your losses and welcome to the thread.

9babiesgone-hello! i cant help you , just wanted to say hi. What is erpc?

Turboturtle-I dont think you always get a line on the opk? Sometimes i don't. So, maybe your surge is coming? I always get a progression in my lines leading up to O. I hope it comes soon!!

Aliciatm-Hello and welcome! I cant really answer your questions because i dont know all the numbers to go with clomid :( I try not to get hung up on the numbers. But clomid has the highest success rate i think and is the cheapest of all fertility meds...big positive! I have been using opks's just fine and haven't had a problem with them because of clomid so i'm sure your fine there. I dont temp, so idk! What days and mg are you going to take?

daopdesign-congrats on your +opk!! get busy! lol! I've heard you can get a +opk and not actually ovulate. Something about your body gives the LH surge and something happens preventing the O...but dont worry about what could go wrong and focus on your going to ovulate and have a chance this month!!

Well ladies, today is 3dpo. time is dragging sooooo slow!! I'm really losing hope that i will get pregnant. I guess its a bad day. I am so frustrated that this is my 4th month on clomid...i have ovulated all 4 times...and still no bfp. Its very frustrating.

Good Afternoon Ladies,
Holi and Beanhunter- I am so sorry for your bad news:( I hope that you guys will come back and visit and give us updates! Take care!!! :hugs:

Lily- Hi!! Today is cd8 for you rite?? I hope everything is going good so far!

Happycloud- Today your on cd13, rite?? You better get your opks out!!!:)

Welshgem- How are you doing??

Missangie- YAY!!!!!! Positive opk:) You better get busy!!!

Angel_mummy- Welcome to the thread!!! And I am so sorry for your loss!! Good Luck!

9babiesgone- Welcome!! What day are you going to take clomid?

Turboturtle80- I have been looking for you!!!! Finally your back on! The 28th will come in no time:) And that is the same day that I have my appt as well!! What brand opks are you using?? I posted my ultrasound results if you want to take a look:)

Alicia- CONGRATS on getting clomid!!! Did you have an appt today?? Tell me about it! And welcome to the thread! This was my first month on clomid, and I used cbfm, but it didn’t give me a peak.. But Wed evening I got my positive on cbd and IC’s. It will not mess up your temps, and it can mess with opks for the first 3 days after your last pill.. When are you suppose to take them?? If you want some encouragement, look back at the threads and see what clomid did for me!! I had an ultrasound:)

Daopdesign- YAY!!!! I am not sure about your question though.. Can you post a picture of your tests stick?? I got my smiley face on wed evening:)

Teddybearpug- I am sorry you are so frustrated!! Don't give up hope though!!! I will send a prayer your way:)

TeddyBearPug that's exactly what is going through my mind! prettynpink29 have a look in the ovulation test gallery my photos are there. Congrats to you too! Good luck hun looks like we're gonna be close together :D

I do hope this is ovulation happening and not just a fluke. Our bodies are too complicated!!

prettyinpink-thank you! how are you getting on? i cant remember but i think you ovulated already right? Did you get that last BD on? lol!

Daopdesign- yay!! We are so close:) We can be 2ww buddies! My body is definitely too complicated!!

Teddybearpug- I am doing good! Lots of pains and cramping today, but I assume that is a good thing:) I got my positive on wed evenings and had the ultrasound to confim that I was going to ovulate:) 2 mature eggys!!! We didn’t bd yesterday, we were both soooo sick and still throwing up:/ But we did this morning.. I feel pretty good that I covered it all:) Doctor told us to do it every other day, and we did more than that a couple of times. Lol

prettynpink29 - We only DTD last night and OH felt horny again this morning so we did it then. We are most certainly going to have a go tonight so do you think I'll be OK or should we have done it 2 days ago? How long does it take for sperm to meet the egg? Oh god I am soo excited!! 2WW buddies all the way!

prettynpink29 - We only DTD last night and OH felt horny again this morning so we did it then. We are most certainly going to have a go tonight so do you think I'll be OK or should we have done it 2 days ago? How long does it take for sperm to meet the egg? Oh god I am soo excited!! 2WW buddies all the way!

I think that if you to it the 3 days in a row you will be fine!!:) We have pretty much been doing it every other day or every two days I think! I will have to look back at my charts now:wacko: I think that it is best to have sperm waiting for the egg, but I am not sure how long it takes to get there.. I am so excited too!! We are 2ww buddies and then I hope bump buddies!!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->