The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi spicy, where are you in your cycle? I am on 50mg days 2-6 and am on cd 18. I have pcos aswell, welcome to the thread x

question for you ladies....i take provera on cd 28 to bring on af....but what if the off chance that I ovulated late and the blood test was too early....
does anyone know if provera can end a pregnancy??? should i wait like a week past when i should have gotten my period?? yikes, I'm not sure what to do!:wacko:

Definitely DO NOT take provera if you could be pregnant. It is category x. I would have another brother but provera caused a heart defect in him and he passed away two days after being born full term :( Ask for prometrium...it does the same thing as provera and is category b.

Congrats again on the bfps and possible bfps. I'll test for the first time Friday probably, 11dpo.

welshgem...I have read that vivid dreams are a sign of pregnancy. My dreams have been vivid, but not scary...so sorry you went through that! yuck! My theory is that the vivid dreams are from higher temps with progesterone...like when you have the flu/fever...I always have vivid bad dreams when I'm sick.
But we'll stick with them being a sign of pregnancy...for both of us :) and that that night terror experience served some greater purpose.

It's my first anniversary today! I'm hoping that i've got a little undetectable yet bean in me who's celebrating with us! :kiss:

I have a question for all you clomid ladies:

Has anyone who is taking clomid and temping noticed a temp rise on the days that you are actually taking the pills?

I ask because that happened to me last month. It rose .4 degrees on the 3rd day of taking the medication and then I ended up ovulating that month. Now I am worried because I am on my 4th day of taking the pills this cycle and I have not seen a temp rise.

I know I am being paranoid but I am worried this means I won't ovulate this month.

Any thoughts?

If it rose for just one day I would be more apt to say that temp was a fluke. I haven't heard of clomid raising temps.

Hi everyone,
Im new here. On clomid 100mg days 2 - 6. this is my second cycle. I have pcos am 27 and never been pregnant.
been trying for 20 months. my partner has 2 kids from previous

Hi Spicy. Welcome to the thread and good luck with the mission. :thumbup:

Pinky, I am so happy for you!! :flower::flower:

Hello
Don't worry - the OPKs normally come up about 24 hrs before you OV, then the egg lives for 12 hrs more, so BD tonight and I'd say you were covered!
x:thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Thank you MrsHY.

Yep. I was panicking and have done what I could. This is my first cycle on Clomid. However, the OB said he is not going to increase Clomid from 50mg to 100mg and he will Clomid to me for two cycle only. After that, he said let the nature take it's role :shrug:

I have been TTC naturally for 20 months. What would I do if I did not get pregnant after 2nd cycle on Clomid? I am devastated.

Hello
Don't worry - the OPKs normally come up about 24 hrs before you OV, then the egg lives for 12 hrs more, so BD tonight and I'd say you were covered!
x:thumbup:

Thank you MrsHY.

Yep. I was panicking and have done what I could. This is my first cycle on Clomid. However, the OB said he is not going to increase Clomid from 50mg to 100mg and he will Clomid to me for two cycle only. After that, he said let the nature take it's role :shrug:

I have been TTC naturally for 20 months. What would I do if I did not get pregnant after 2nd cycle on Clomid? I am devastated.[/QUOTE]

that is horrible! why is he only giving you 2 cycles?! i've been on 4 with ovulation everytime and still nothing!! it makes no sense! maybe a new doctor is in order???

Hello

Thank you MrsHY.

I have been TTC naturally for 20 months. What would I do if I did not get pregnant after 2nd cycle on Clomid? I am devastated.

I'd get a new doctor!

okay ladies, I got my progesterone results for CD21 bloods and it was 20.8! YAY!

(okay time to catch up on this thread now!)

I have a question for all you clomid ladies:

Has anyone who is taking clomid and temping noticed a temp rise on the days that you are actually taking the pills?

I ask because that happened to me last month. It rose .4 degrees on the 3rd day of taking the medication and then I ended up ovulating that month. Now I am worried because I am on my 4th day of taking the pills this cycle and I have not seen a temp rise.

I know I am being paranoid but I am worried this means I won't ovulate this month.

Any thoughts?

Hey Trish, I noticed mine being a bit higher. this is just my first round though so not sure about in general if they will be like that. Im curious now too! Try not to worry about it though :)

Hi everyone,

my DH and I have been TTC for 7 mths now.. im about to start round 6 of clomid at 100 mg this cycle.. last cycle was the first time i ovulated.. i was diagosned with PCOS 1 yr ago this mth.. mt first doc did all these tests to see if i ovulated.. of course they showed that i did not and prescribed metaformin and clomid.. so we tried r first round of clomid and nothing happened.. same with the 2nd and 3rd.. but come to find out i became pregnant on the last round of 150mg clomid, but at 6 wks i m/c :cry: my DH and i want a child so bad that was devasting.. so my doc suggested we go see an RE b/c they couldnt do anything else.. so i waited and waited for the call from the RE they were referring us too and nothin.. so i decided i was going to change doc's.. so i did and i told him what all went on with my last rounds of clomid.. so he gave me diff options and suggested we give clomid one more try and if it doesnt work he will do more tests on me and my DH.. so last cycle i was on 100mg and lo' and behold i ovulated, so he is going to keep me on the same dose and see what happens.. i also started using progestrone cream the day after i ovulated so i dont know if thats what caused my levels to go up.. so now im just waitin for AF to arrive.. hope she comes on her own this time so i dont have to use provera again.. good luck to all.. keeping my fingers crossed

sorry we have been TTC now for 11 mths i dont know why i typed 7, lol

Hello

Thank you MrsHY.

that is horrible! why is he only giving you 2 cycles?! i've been on 4 with ovulation everytime and still nothing!! it makes no sense! maybe a new doctor is in order???[/QUOTE]

He is the best OB in my area. The bill is quite affordable at his place. But he is a guy who love "naturally conceive" and "normal birth" if emergency is not in the way. Other OB I visited when I was carrying DS told me everything looked fine but obviously I was having problem! I had C-Sec on his suggestion and luckily my DS came out healthy at 32 weeks but of course he was a bit stress without amniotic fluid in the sac. I cannot thank him enough for saving DS.

Perhaps, I will be looking for a better place after I finished 2nd cycle. I am still hoping I will get :bfp: this cycle.

Fingers cross and prayers send to everyone TTC. :dust::dust:

Hi everyone,

my DH and I have been TTC for 7 mths now.. im about to start round 6 of clomid at 100 mg this cycle.. last cycle was the first time i ovulated.. i was diagosned with PCOS 1 yr ago this mth.. mt first doc did all these tests to see if i ovulated.. of course they showed that i did not and prescribed metaformin and clomid.. so we tried r first round of clomid and nothing happened.. same with the 2nd and 3rd.. but come to find out i became pregnant on the last round of 150mg clomid, but at 6 wks i m/c :cry: my DH and i want a child so bad that was devasting.. so my doc suggested we go see an RE b/c they couldnt do anything else.. so i waited and waited for the call from the RE they were referring us too and nothin.. so i decided i was going to change doc's.. so i did and i told him what all went on with my last rounds of clomid.. so he gave me diff options and suggested we give clomid one more try and if it doesnt work he will do more tests on me and my DH.. so last cycle i was on 100mg and lo' and behold i ovulated, so he is going to keep me on the same dose and see what happens.. i also started using progestrone cream the day after i ovulated so i dont know if thats what caused my levels to go up.. so now im just waitin for AF to arrive.. hope she comes on her own this time so i dont have to use provera again.. good luck to all.. keeping my fingers crossed

Good luck to you too and take care :thumbup:

Good morning everyone!

Happycloud - happy 1st anniversary !

Missangie - great news on your levels

Prettynpink - where are you? I know it's still night time over there but I want you to wake up and poas! Lol

welcome to all the new girls

x

question for you ladies....i take provera on cd 28 to bring on af....but what if the off chance that I ovulated late and the blood test was too early....
does anyone know if provera can end a pregnancy??? should i wait like a week past when i should have gotten my period?? yikes, I'm not sure what to do!:wacko:

Definitely DO NOT take provera if you could be pregnant. It is category x. I would have another brother but provera caused a heart defect in him and he passed away two days after being born full term :( Ask for prometrium...it does the same thing as provera and is category b.

Congrats again on the bfps and possible bfps. I'll test for the first time Friday probably, 11dpo.

welshgem...I have read that vivid dreams are a sign of pregnancy. My dreams have been vivid, but not scary...so sorry you went through that! yuck! My theory is that the vivid dreams are from higher temps with progesterone...like when you have the flu/fever...I always have vivid bad dreams when I'm sick.
But we'll stick with them being a sign of pregnancy...for both of us :) and that that night terror experience served some greater purpose.

It's my first anniversary today! I'm hoping that i've got a little undetectable yet bean in me who's celebrating with us! :kiss:

Thankfully I managed to sleep like a log last night but fingers crossed it is a PG sign!

The other thing I am hoping is a PG sign is my sudden weight gain - half a stone in 2 weeks!! :dohh: I just cannot stop eating and it's been worse this past week. Yesterday I was craving Pizza Hut so had to stop there on the way home from work. Already this morning I have had a hot chocolate, a maple pecan danish and am craving my pack of quavers.... I'm hoping I am PG cos otherwise I have to start dieting!

Thankfully I managed to sleep like a log last night but fingers crossed it is a PG sign!

The other thing I am hoping is a PG sign is my sudden weight gain - half a stone in 2 weeks!! :dohh: I just cannot stop eating and it's been worse this past week. Yesterday I was craving Pizza Hut so had to stop there on the way home from work. Already this morning I have had a hot chocolate, a maple pecan danish and am craving my pack of quavers.... I'm hoping I am PG cos otherwise I have to start dieting!

TONS of :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust: for you! :happydance:

Good morning ladies

Silly questions...but which days after 1 day of period should i start testing to see whether i am ovulating? Pls let me know. Its my 3rd round of fertomid (generic of clomid). The previous times i did not even bother to test...bt this time i am trying to do things according to the book. hehehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->