The Collective: First Trimester and Beyond!

dragonchaser- what was ur furthest along loss if u dont mind me asking

You know I debated a little about answering this. Beyond my DH, sister, one HS friend and mother I really haven't talked much about my angels. The furthest I've carried is 9 weeks. I've lost 2 before that, though one would technically be considered a chemical.

That being said there's a reason I'm kind of antsy about losing this one even though my doc assured me once we hear the heartbeat risks start going down. And I know I'm being whiny. I don't normally voice my fears, but this pregnancy I've decided to voice everything and not bottle things up because that's one thing I haven't tried yet and maybe, just maybe expressing my worries and not holding it in will help keep me less stressed and a more baby friendly envoroment. :shrug:

im so sorry i was nosey :( and im sorry for ur loses has th dr said much else? X

So sorry for your previous losses, Dragon! We are here to support you! Glad you are ready to share everything with us virtual strangers! Hopefully venting will make the difference!

dragonchaser- what was ur furthest along loss if u dont mind me asking

You know I debated a little about answering this. Beyond my DH, sister, one HS friend and mother I really haven't talked much about my angels. The furthest I've carried is 9 weeks. I've lost 2 before that, though one would technically be considered a chemical.

That being said there's a reason I'm kind of antsy about losing this one even though my doc assured me once we hear the heartbeat risks start going down. And I know I'm being whiny. I don't normally voice my fears, but this pregnancy I've decided to voice everything and not bottle things up because that's one thing I haven't tried yet and maybe, just maybe expressing my worries and not holding it in will help keep me less stressed and a more baby friendly envoroment. :shrug:

im so sorry i was nosey :( and im sorry for ur loses has th dr said much else? X

Don't be sorry. I could have said no to answering, but I didn't. I do have some internal scarring from from sexual abuse I suffered as a child, which I was told when I was younger might lead to problems. That being said my DH and I hadn't reached a year of TTC yet, so we haven't explored other options as to why we might be having problems.

So sorry for your previous losses, Dragon! We are here to support you! Glad you are ready to share everything with us virtual strangers! Hopefully venting will make the difference!

I suppose I'm odd in the fact that talking to 'virtual strangers' online doesn't seem as hard as talking to people I know about things.

That's not odd at all! I feel like that is the purpose of these - to get everything out without telling everyone we know in real life.

Good morning ladies! Question for the Collective: when do you share the good news? Or have you already?

My husband and I are in a stalemate right now over sharing the news with our immediate family. We live in the same town as my side and will be celebrating my dad's birthday Sunday with my brothers and sisters and our parents. I think that would be the perfect time to tell them. And then we would just call his side, who lives 4 hours away. All would be told to not spread the news just yet (ie, not make it FB official). He thinks no one should know until my scan on April 2. I am just so close to my sisters (one real sis + one SIL) and he doesn't know they are both aware we've been TTC. I just know they will know when they see me and my big boobies. I've managed to stay hidden this far somehow, and I sent a text while I was on my trip last week that AF got me bc they both know (share) my general cycle pattern (see, we are very close!).

I just don't want to say anything unless we are both onboard.

Good morning ladies! Question for the Collective: when do you share the good news? Or have you already?

My husband and I are in a stalemate right now over sharing the news with our immediate family. We live in the same town as my side and will be celebrating my dad's birthday Sunday with my brothers and sisters and our parents. I think that would be the perfect time to tell them. And then we would just call his side, who lives 4 hours away. All would be told to not spread the news just yet (ie, not make it FB official). He thinks no one should know until my scan on April 2. I am just so close to my sisters (one real sis + one SIL) and he doesn't know they are both aware we've been TTC. I just know they will know when they see me and my big boobies. I've managed to stay hidden this far somehow, and I sent a text while I was on my trip last week that AF got me bc they both know (share) my general cycle pattern (see, we are very close!).

I just don't want to say anything unless we are both onboard.

I've been naughty and shared our news with my MIL, my mother, my sister, my brothers and a couple friends- But I told all of them not to share in on FB/Twitter etc. I haven't done this before, and in the back of my head I'm thinking maybe the positive thoughts will help. My DH is more skeptical since he's worried about me miscarrying again then having to tell everyone I told that the baby is no longer there.

March 19th Log Update (Estimated 4 weeks 4 days): Nausea in the morning, heartburn, fatigue, funny taste in mouth upon waking, slightly sore breast

AKA the bean is making itself known :p

Oh hi you lovelies! :hugs:

I just found this! I'm so glad you made this, it's nice to be able to keep in touch with the ladies I got my BFP with and not feel bad like I'm bragging or something on the TWW..

Well I told some of my family members and we told DH's parents and siblings.. A few close friends but that's it. My side of the family likes to gossip about new and exciting family news so it kind of already got passed around to where the majority of the family knows. We're all super close (my cousins are basically my sisters and my grandparents are my second parents to me).. We're not announcing it on social media or anything until later on, probably around 12 weeks.

Hey Amber!!! Welcome to the Collective: First Trimester Edition. Hehe. I thought it would be nice to be able to keep in touch with everyone we got our BFP's with, and maybe make some new friends once everyone realizes how totally awesome we are :p The rules are the same, feel free to rant, rave, complain and just talk!

Amber, my family likes to gossip as well and my husband is worried if we tell my parents and siblings that my grandma and aunts, uncles, cousins, etc will all know right away, as well. And some of them have no sense or tact, which means it will be all over FB as soon as it gets to them. So, I do see his point in wanting to wait. I have just never kept anything from my sisters and it is killing me! I feel like it is just going to have to come out this weekend!

Side note: he doesn't know that I have already told my 2 best friends and a coworker. It has at least allowed me to get some of it off my chest.

Symptoms today: almost non-existent, like it is freaking me out. I am very short of breath and have a very small appetite, but not due to nausea. Still have my cold, so coughing and stuffy nose/sinuses. Boobs are larger, but not sore.

I'm sure those symptoms will come right back and kick our butts like no one's business. I've had a day or two since my BFP that I felt almost nothing besides fatigue- which worried me but today I feel pretty darn pregnant so yeah. *Hugs both Tex and Cat*

TexMel, I know what you mean - right after I told some of the family and realized it was going to get around fast, I called them all back to make sure they don't post anything about it on my FB - I don't feel like it's a good idea to post it up everywhere until I'm in my second trimester, just in case.
Now for our friends here, I know they will probably figure it out real quick if I keep turning down every drink offered to me when hanging out or say I can't go out on the weekend...

My symptoms today were actually barely there - I was still tired and drained of energy and I'm peeing every hour at least. I didn't feel too sick to my stomach the rest of the day so that's a plus.

Morning lovely ladies still not feeling overly pregnant im gunna see it as a good thing iv never miscarried (thank god) so il just roll with it haha hope your all well xxx

Morning lovely ladies still not feeling overly pregnant im gunna see it as a good thing iv never miscarried (thank god) so il just roll with it haha hope your all well xxx

Try to stay positive I'm just about out of week 5 but I didn't star having symptoms until this week and especially the last few days!

I know, we're probably going to miss these days once our little beans start really kicking our butts lol.

I'm just having an on and off headache and I have absolutely no energy whatsoever.. I feel like I could sleep for weeks, lol. Since hubby is still gone and can only email me, I've been keeping myself awake so I don't miss the chance to talk to him.

I'm just having an on and off headache and I have absolutely no energy whatsoever.. I feel like I could sleep for weeks, lol. Since hubby is still gone and can only email me, I've been keeping myself awake so I don't miss the chance to talk to him.

:hugs: Nap when you need to- that's what everyone keeps telling me. He'll understand if you miss an email because your sleeping for two and it will help with your headache I promise.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->