The Collective: First Trimester and Beyond!

I'm getting nervous today! I think I finally convinced my hubby that today is ok to share the news with our close families. So, I will work 9 hours, Rush home to call his parents and tell them the news, then run to my sister's house for my dad's bday party, where we will surprise my side. Once this happens, it will mean it is really real and it's out in the open. And I can feel my nerves creeping in. Not sure why as I know they will all be elated. My grandma has personally been begging us for this to happen for over 2 years.

Anyway into names

Preston...

I'm in love with the name! Surname is Woodhouse.

My boys names are in my username band my daughter is Mila.

Other options are
Dexter
Hendrix
Flynn
Brody

Any thoughts ? Thanks

Love those names!
I love the names Emir but hubby wants DJ :)

I still can't believe I have a little baby growing inside of me I'm sooo in love <3

I'm getting nervous today! I think I finally convinced my hubby that today is ok to share the news with our close families. So, I will work 9 hours, Rush home to call his parents and tell them the news, then run to my sister's house for my dad's bday party, where we will surprise my side. Once this happens, it will mean it is really real and it's out in the open. And I can feel my nerves creeping in. Not sure why as I know they will all be elated. My grandma has personally been begging us for this to happen for over 2 years.

Haha my nerves are on edged too I'm Still in a state of disbelief. So far I've only told my sister and mom so far, I think I'll hold off till my second trimester to tell extended family.

Omg if i pee anymore this hour im goin to go maaaad lol!!

I like thenames
joey
alexander (alex)
zack for a boy

harmony
faith
sasha for girls

xx

Names I'm Tossing Around

Boys:
Liam
Alexander
Hadrian (Rian)
Evan
Gabriel
Isaac

Middle Name:
Evander (could be a first name)

Girls:
Addison (May be out of the running since DH has a 5 year old cousin named Allison)
Cecilia
Dawn
Keira
Lilith
Isabelle

Middle Name:
Marie

Names are changing everday was we toss some out and add other, but this is our list so far.​

Okay ladies, this is either going to be a TMI moment, or have you all looking for a hand mirror. My DH pointed out a... change in my lady parts earlier and I confirmed it with a hand mirror myself because I didn't believe they were turning purple/blueish... To my embarrassment he was right and I went into google mode. This is what I found...

Chadwick's Sign
Chadwick's sign, During pregnancy the vaginal tissue and cervix (which are generally a light pink shade) may darken and take on a bluish or purplish tinge. This colouration is caused from the increased blood flow to the vaginal area, leading to engorgement. This visible symptom may be present as early as the 6th week of pregnancy, although 8-10 weeks along is more typical. Impending menstruation may also occasionally cause this.

So... I'm hesitant to ask, but are any of you noticing a change? I haven't paid that close attention to that kinda of change before... and I have to say the changed unnerved me for a little bit. And made me wonder about my dates -.-

Dragon - I'm definitely one of the 'looking for a hand mirror' girls, lol. I didn't notice too much of a change really, although it could be slightly pinker than usual..

Tonight I'm kind of starting to worry a little - (tmi) but all day today I've had A LOT of creamy white cm, which isn't what worried me, but when I used the bathroom about half an hour ago, when I wiped I noticed some light pink mixed in with it... I've heard of it to be normal in early pregnancy, but I'm still a little scared.. I'm only almost 5 weeks right now.
Starting probably a week ago I had very slight pulling/cramping feelings on and off, but it was mostly after sex - I haven't cramped today or felt anything at all really symptom wise, so getting pink on the toilet paper + not feeling anything now has me kind of worried...
I haven't had any really bad cramping or anything, so I'm trying not to think into it too much but this is my first pregnancy so of course I'm going crazy not knowing if everything is okay.

Amber: Don't get yourself worked up, not yet. Slight pink is normal from what I hear, just keep an eye out for heavier flows etc. The fact that you haven't had any super painful cramping is a good thing. As for symptoms, this could be a super easy pregnancy for you- or they could sneak up and make up for lost time soon. Every pregnancy is different.

I mean look at me; my vagina is turning into a smurf, or some purple thing and my bbs have been leaking since midway into the TWW. I haven't been super sick, but my smell has increased and sometimes I feel nauseous and I have that fatigue thing down pat. I have had light cramps every now and then, but my bb's? They go from being tender to just fine to sore to fine, etc.

To be completely honest I've had a couple days with no symptoms though and It makes me stop and go- 'what if something's wrong?'. But the way I figure, we can't do much if something does happen and stressing out only makes everything worse. That being said on the off days my DH has sat me down and pulled his super zen 'Everything is fine, and if it's not we'll take it one step at a time." card out.

Now, wait for your lady parts to change colors, and all those highly anticipated symptoms to come crashing down on you. I'm sure your little bean is just fine. I happen to have a nice case of insomnia so far so I'll be here if you need to talk :hugs:

Definitely valid points.. Thank you so much. I feel better after reading that.
I went to the bathroom again and there wasn't anything there, so I'm less worried - I think with DH being gone and not seeing any doctor yet has my emotions all jacked. He's so good at making me see things from a different perspective and calming me down when I'm stressed. Once I start seeing someone regularly I feel I'll chill out some more, at least I hope lol

Now the changing colors thing is super brand new knowledge to me, I've never actually heard anyone talk about it before - then again, unless someone was/is a part of TTC discussion sites sharing almost every detail related to baby-making, I wouldn't really see them casually striking up a conversation about what's going on in lady land. That's what I love about this site, not a lot of us are grossed out by many things. It's nice to be real with what's going on with everything instead of keeping to myself and hoping it's normal until an appt comes around.

I was completely confused when my DH pointed out the change.... Dr. Google came to the rescue for once lol. I figured I would mention it here since I'm kinda sharing everything related to my pregnancy.. lol. If anyone else happens to have amazing color changing lady parts I thought it would be nice for them to know that they are not alone.

As for the emotions? To quote my Doctor to my DH. "Now that she's pregnant she's going to be all over the place. Don't try to rationalize everything she gets upset over. Hug her and tell her everything will be alright if she'll let you." We're going to be all over the place the duration of our pregnancy's sweets. I can only hope this thread gives us a place to vent our worries and that someone else will have a comforting word to calm us.

I know I keep having horrible scenarios involving my April 3rd visit- including and not limited to the Doctor informing me something's wrong or I'm no longer pregnant. Then I remind myself that my body is still changing and there's been no bleeding or super painful cramping etc. It's easy to imagine the worst though.:hugs:

Feel free to post any vent or worry. If I don't have the right thing to say someone will. :thumbup: :flower:

Everything will be fine.. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Booked my first mw app for April 1st.. Aprils fools day are they serious lol.

Anyway receptionist said it will take about an hour! I know I should know by now this being my fourth but 1 hour! What's all this for?

Also I haven't noticed a colour change in my lady land either but I'm not a looker so even if I did look I would know the difference and I'm not sure what it was like before!! Xx

The booking appointment is always scheduled for an hour because you have to go through yours and your family medical history (and more briefly, the father and his family's medical history), your previous pregnancy/birth history, ascertain whether you're low risk or high risk/whether you need to see a consultant or not, take your booking bloods, talk about do's and don't, lots of forms etc to fill out...

Hope it's OK me butting in :)

@MemmaJ: All are welcome in the Collective, and those with insights are doubly so!!

Aw thank you! :)

I only got my BFP two days ago, which makes me a mere 3wk 6d today based on AF date: so I've got a long time to wait for anything yet...!
I'm massively anxious about everything, and other than bloating and tiredness, I don't feel pregnant so it's all a bit surreal for now :-(

Well you are more then welcome to join us here in the Collective Memma. As for the feeling pregnant- that will come soon enough. Keep eating healthy, taking your multivitamin/prenatals, drink lots of water, cut down on your caffeine etc. Taking care of yourself is the biggest thing you can do to for your little bean right now!

We're always here for your ranting, questions, facts and complaints!

Good morning Morning mommies!

I booked my scan yesterday April 13th, it seems soo far now!
I'm still sort of in disbelief lol I guess it'll settle in after I see the ultrasound or hear the heartbeat <3
Yesterday I POAS & the lines are def stronger than on first test!

I don't feel pregnant at all except I think my boobs are growing :D
Lately my 3 1\2 yr old twins has been playing with my stomach and talking to it calling it baby! Its soo hilarious and adorable <3
I've told my girls and my 10 yr old very excited and wants a brother, I don't think the twins quite understand but I think they'll make great big sisters!

The bottom test is from yesterday:

Attachments

• 1427210791507.jpg
    1427210791507.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2
So good to see you ladies have moved here. Congrats Dragon! I totally missed you BFP since I couldn't come on this site since I announced my BFP. I was feeling so sick and headachy and I'm so glad that I'm feeling a bit better now to even be able to come on this site and read stuff without a headache setting in. I love hearing about what everyone else is going through and validating my Preg...Honestly I still don't feel like I'm pregnant since the bump hasn't started appearing yet. I've got a scan booked for 31 March so hopefully that brings everything home.

So good to see you ladies have moved here. Congrats Dragon! I totally missed you BFP since I couldn't come on this site since I announced my BFP. I was feeling so sick and headachy and I'm so glad that I'm feeling a bit better now to even be able to come on this site and read stuff without a headache setting in. I love hearing about what everyone else is going through and validating my Preg...Honestly I still don't feel like I'm pregnant since the bump hasn't started appearing yet. I've got a scan booked for 31 March so hopefully that brings everything home.

TY, I was quite surprised when I tested positive because I had convinced myself that all my symptoms were products of a wishful mind. Since then I've been flip flopping from being excited to worrying that I'm going to miscarry again or something horrible is going to happen- tonight happens to be one of those nights.

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better though. I haven't been hit full on by any of the really icky pregnancy stuff yet- though I have had a couple headaches, and the last couple days I have been more and more nauseated.

My next appointment is April 3rd- not a scan I don't think, but I will have to pee in a cup- I know that much. I have come to the decision that Prenatal vitamins are NASTY though. :hugs:

Keep us updated, and feel free to rant, rave, ask questions etc. This is the Collective after all ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->