The Crack-Pot: Recipes for your Crockpot fix!!

There are too many items that I have cut out of my diet (at least on a daily basis) for me to stick to a recipe, makes it really hard because I'm always trying new things and they don't always work and I get frustrated really easily. But yes, I do learn... sometimes. Wish there wasn't so many lessons! :haha:

Saw someone looking for slow cooker recipes, so thought I'd give this a bump! I can't believe we haven't posted anything here since November!

The one thing I've made the most is shredded chicken breast. Recently I've taken to letting the chicken cook with seasoning (pepper, garlic, seasoning salt, Worcestershire sauce) then adding my red sauce later. Then we put it over whatever! Hmmmm, think I'll make some this week!

Mmm, sounds good. What's your red sauce, Lilly? Did you already post it on here?

I haven't been doing any crockpots lately. I tend to do more in the colder months, but let's see if I can find a new recipe to try out in the next week.

I like any red sauce by Classico. OH prefers vodka sauce so I use that most often.

Hi ladies! I just came across this thread and since I loooove cooking with my crockpot, I will now be following it!

Here is a breakfast recipe I make every fall without fail. It is Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oats. I don't even really like oatmeal, but I like this. I have tried it with or without the added sugar and can't really taste the difference.

Ingredients

•2 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2-1/2 to 3 cups chopped)
•1-1/2 cups fat-free milk (or substitute non-diary alternative like almond milk)
•1-1/2 cups water
•1 cup uncooked steel-cut oats
•2 tablespoons brown sugar (or substitute maple syrup or other desired sweetener)
•1-1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into 5-6 pieces (optional)
•1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
•1 tablespoon ground flax seed
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•Optional garnishes: chopped nuts, raisins, maple syrup, additional milk or butter

Directions

Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray. Add all ingredients (except optional toppings) to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on low for approx. 7 hours (slow cooker times can vary). Spoon oatmeal into bowls; add optional toppings, if desired. Store leftovers in refrigerator. Freezes well.

To reheat single servings: Put 1-cup cooked oatmeal in microwave proof bowl. Add 1/3 cup fat-free milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Continue cooking for another minute, or until hot.

Recipe can be doubled in 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Increase cooking time 1 hour.

(Just a note, this is not my recipe. I got it off a blog, but didn't know if I could put a link in here. Sorry if this post is too long!)

Thanks Maddie :flower: I've heard steel-cut oats are better for you (versus the instant stuff I eat) so I'll have to try this :thumbup:

Just found this tread I LOVE my slow cooker!!

Sausage and bean casserole

Sausages, an onion or leek, carrot, butternut squash, swede, potato, parsnip, green and red split lentils, tinned toms, couple of tins of various beans, beef stock cube all cooked on low for 8hrs ish

Chicken one pot dinner

Chicken (thighs are best), onion, garlic, any veggies you like, couple of tins of mixed beans, tin of toms, chicken stock cube, red split lentils

Spag Bol

Mince, onion, garlic, mushrooms, grated carrot, tinned toms, rosemary, thyme, basil, tomato purée, beef stock cube

Chilli

Mince, tinned toms, garlic, onion, peppers, mixed beans, smoked paprika, chilli, beef stock cube

Fruity Curry

Meat of your choice, curry paste (I use madras and it's not to hot), coconut milk, chick peas, broccoli, cauliflour, carrot, butternut squash, sweet potato, onion, garlic, peppers, mushroom, apple (melts into the sauce makes it yummy)

Choizo and chicken

Chicken thighs, chorizo sausage, peppers, onion, garlic, chilli, chick peas, chicken stock, serve like this as a soup/stew or a couple of hours before the end throw in some risotto rice to make a yummy jambalaya type dish

This is making my hungry :haha:

Thanks for sharing, Gc :thumbup:

Is the name "Spag bol" short for something? I think I want to give that one a try, yum!

Thanks for sharing, Gc :thumbup:

Is the name "Spag bol" short for something? I think I want to give that one a try, yum!

Spaghetti bolagnase sp?

I serve it with spaghetti of tagliatelle and home made garlic bread yum yum :happydance:

You ladies inspired me to buy my first crock pot! Cannot believe I haven't had one sooner than this! I made chicken and dumplings for our first meal and it was delicious. I can't wait to try some of these recipies

Glad you like your crockpot JLFKJS! Do you use pinterest? There are a ton of yummy recipes on there too! I just loaded up on groceries for next week, gonna try a few new things.:thumbup:

"Crocktober" is almost here! Let's try some new recipes in October, ladies. :thumbup:

I'm gonna try to do at least one a week.

Sunday I made Bacon Ranch Chicken

4 de-boned chicken breast
2 cans cream of chicken
1 package of ranch mix
1 whole onion
3 tbsp real bacon bits (recipe called for 2, I put 3 :blush:)
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup sour cream

Chopped whole onion in 1st.
Then chicken breast.
Then I mixed everything else into a bowl and once well mixed I poured over chicken.
Cooked on high for 4hrs.

Over all I liked it. We poured it over plain rice and needed to add just a touch of salt. I want to try it over potatoes!

The 1st recipe I found didn't say what to do with the sour cream! So I ended up looking for a 2nd version and it added the sour cream to everything else in the beginning. The writer of the 1st recipe finally wrote me back and stated the sour cream goes in last! So I guess thats two ways yu can try it. It was fine going in at the beginning for me.

Attachments

• plates.jpg
    plates.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 0
  • plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 0
HOT SPINACH SALSA QUESO DIP

10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 lb Velveeta cheese (2% fat--this is the reduced fat version)
8 ounces cream cheese (light)
1 jar salsa (I used 3/4 full jar of a 16 ounce jar)
A handful of chopped cilantro (optional-but good)

Place all ingredients in a crockpot and heat until cheese has melted (continuing to stir the mixture to combine ingredients). It should take somewhere around an hour to have the cheeses melt (but check as crockpots vary). This particular method is great if you can leave it on the low setting--then your dip will stay warm for a while. But I bet it won't last!

Serve warm with tortilla chips, 4-6 people.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1rt43Cmgmys/TKUBr4AcN0I/AAAAAAAABYc/giBWipg8gQI/s640/dip+008.JPG

Making this right now!! So excited to try this one :haha:

Edit: ohhhh my goodness! I love you for this recipe lol

My OH is not a fan of the crockpot, but I think it's because the few recipes I've made with it has resulted in really mushy vegetables. So I am here to learn more recipes and convert him!

I haven't done a lot of veggies in there, mostly meats. I think I tried some yams or sweet potatoes that didn't turn out so great but those are supposed to be mushy lol OH! I've done collard greens, would have to cook a looooong time to make those mushy lol.

I've made chilli and pulled pork which have been fine, but if I make a pot roast type thing or stew, OH doesn't like the really soft potatoes or carrots. So I think I need to just concentrate on the meat too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->