the dreaded P T words.

C

cherryglitter

potty training!

looking for experiences with boys really.
when you did it, how you did it and how easy it was to do it!!

Jasper was about 2 and a bit. I told him I wanted him to pee on the toilet. I helped him with his pants, showed him how, and he did it. That was that. Literally no accidents. It then became fun for him to pee in other bathrooms...and I feared accidents so I would run around at every shop asking for the toilet...and he would go in and check out the facilities and not even go! Argh! Pooping came pretty easy too. He had one or two accidents with that..but usually when he had the poops. It was easy peasy. My daughter on the other hand was much harder and she was older. Everyone told me boys are harder, but I have heard stories either way. I hope Kelana is easy, but I am not even going to bother until she is at least two, otherwise it is just too much work (learned that the hard way with my daughter and my niece, whom I partially raised).

I'm hou g to wait till he's completely ready I'm
Not carrying pottys or anything round with me so when he's ready we will hopefully have less accidents that's what my mum did I never had a accident and it worked out great

We waited til we were ready, we started about 5 days ago and for the last two days we've had no accidents, nothing :) we're using a potty as Jack has a fear of falling down the toilet, it's cool with me as I don't mind taking the potty out and about, though we ALWAYS go to a toilet to do it, I wouldn't feel right letting him go in public, I'd feel awful with people watching so I'd never do the same to him. So far, so good, both days we've been out for a few hours and he's been fine! :)

i was thinking about starting around 2 but if he shows no signs of being ready then i won't stress him out with it. bless him.

my cousin was forced to potty train for nursery and he's had really bad bowel problems ever since. he can hold it for days!

oohh gosh I am not even thinking about it until the boys are 2.5 arrgghhh - how do you train two at once aarrgghhhh!!

Thomas was potty trained at 22 months. I explained to him about poos and pees going in the toilet and brought him to the bathroom with me for a couple of weeks beforehand. And got him a potty training book that explained the process. We had a couple of practice sessions in the evenings where I left him nappy free and encouraged him to sit on the potty. He seemed to be interested and getting the idea and he had a couple of pees in the potty, so I just decided to go for it and I waited until I had four days off from work in a row and the first morning I took away nappies except for sleeping. I just let him run around naked at first. We had a few accidents particularly on the second day but then he got the hang of it. We did have a reward system of stickers for about the first week. The whole process was very easy and I'm glad that I just went for it when I did. At the start he wasn't able to tell me when he needed to go but he was interested and motivated. He still needs me to pull his trousers up and down and help him onto the toilet but he's fully trained bar the very occasional accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->