the FINAL FANTASY thread!

HA HA HA HA HA HAHA

Soooo cringy, I can see where they were going with it for sure but wow...in a game filled with such emotive and powerful cutscenes (the lake scene for example) they really ballsed the laughing one up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

:rofl: x x x

Got my concert tickets yesterday - if you've not heard of it the Distant Worlds concerts are fab - it's orchestrated versions of lots of the songs from the series played by a full concert orchestra and choir, along with big screens playing clips from the relevant games as well. Went to the London one last year which was absolutely amazing, missed London this year as it sold out in 4 hours and couldn't get a babysitter - but it's coming to Edinburgh where it's easier for us to get one of the sets of grandparents to babysit.

Oooh very jealous!!!
I'd love to go to that but I don't think it happens anywhere near me :( one day I will get to one!

https://youtu.be/qr4TgU4SKLc

Now if you'll excuse me...I need to go and have a fangirl *Squeeeeeee* fit a second :D

Oh wow, I thought I heard about VII for PC! Shame I'm rubbish at PC gaming. :( Oh well.

Helllloooooo! :D

I haven't been on in a while, and was just checking up to see how everyone has been doing!

PLEASE tell me someone is as excited as I am for Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns!

https://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/LightningReturnsFFXIII/

ZOMFGGFGFGGYFTYVGV.

Gotta start saving for a PS3 again :D x x x

Lightning Returns should be really good! I can't wait to finally find out what happens, though I will be slightly sad in a way it's ending :cry:

So am I :(

But fingers crossed it won't be too long until FF vs XIII

x x x

Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t find this thread sooner! I haven’t read through the entire thing, but DH and I are huge FF fans (and RPG fans in general). I’ve personally played III, a bit of IV, V, VI (my fave), VII (second fave), VIII, IX, X, a bit of XII, and XIII. We both also played FFXI for 7 years and we really miss our time there. Did anyone else play FFXI? If so, let me know if you were on Bahamut or Pandemonium!^^

We also own XIV but are waiting for 2.0 and hopefully it will be cleaned up. Fingers crossed!

We went to the Distant Worlds concert in San Diego in the summer of 2010 and it was AMAZING! I highly recommend going and I really hope we can go again if it comes to Vancouver anytime soon.

Oh I’d also like to add that we are naming our baby (due in December) a FF-related name (but I won’t say what just yet) and that we’re making a felt crib mobile with a moogle, chocobo, cactuar, bomb, and cait sith. (Okay now I think I’m starting to sound like I’m nuts….)

Wow, I can’t believe I didn’t find this thread sooner! I haven’t read through the entire thing, but DH and I are huge FF fans (and RPG fans in general). I’ve personally played III, a bit of IV, V, VI (my fave), VII (second fave), VIII, IX, X, a bit of XII, and XIII. We both also played FFXI for 7 years and we really miss our time there. Did anyone else play FFXI? If so, let me know if you were on Bahamut or Pandemonium!^^

We also own XIV but are waiting for 2.0 and hopefully it will be cleaned up. Fingers crossed!

We went to the Distant Worlds concert in San Diego in the summer of 2010 and it was AMAZING! I highly recommend going and I really hope we can go again if it comes to Vancouver anytime soon.

Oh I’d also like to add that we are naming our baby (due in December) a FF-related name (but I won’t say what just yet) and that we’re making a felt crib mobile with a moogle, chocobo, cactuar, bomb, and cait sith. (Okay now I think I’m starting to sound like I’m nuts….)

XIV is a lot more fun right now, OH & I got back into it a few months ago and it's great :D It really was terrible at first though so I don't blame you for waiting. 2.0 is just around the corner :)

XIV is a lot more fun right now, OH & I got back into it a few months ago and it's great :D It really was terrible at first though so I don't blame you for waiting. 2.0 is just around the corner :)

Oh yeah, I know it's much better than it was! I've still been keeping up with the updates while biding my time. DH and I are really picky about MMOs though -- after playing XI for so long (and I know the game is crap now, unfortunately) we really like high difficulty games without micro-transactions and we won't touch free-to-play games. Thankfully, XIV doesn't look to be going in that direction, so I definitely have hope for it! My only worry right now is that it's currently so easy to get to 50 and a lot of aspects seem too similar to WoW. I can deal with the quest-based leveling even though it's not my preference, but I wish it was more party-oriented like XI. Still, 2.0 should be a huge improvement and I can't wait! :D I'll have a newborn then so I probably won't be able to play right away, but eventually!

What server are you on?

Oh yeah, I know it's much better than it was! I've still been keeping up with the updates while biding my time. DH and I are really picky about MMOs though -- after playing XI for so long (and I know the game is crap now, unfortunately) we really like high difficulty games without micro-transactions and we won't touch free-to-play games. Thankfully, XIV doesn't look to be going in that direction, so I definitely have hope for it! My only worry right now is that it's currently so easy to get to 50 and a lot of aspects seem too similar to WoW. I can deal with the quest-based leveling even though it's not my preference, but I wish it was more party-oriented like XI. Still, 2.0 should be a huge improvement and I can't wait! :D I'll have a newborn then so I probably won't be able to play right away, but eventually!

What server are you on?

I used to wish it was more party oriented levelling too until I had my little one, now I'm really grateful that I can still catch up with friends by doing a few little quests in the evening :D I can only play for a couple of hours, if that, every day after she's gone to bed.

We used to play XI on Bismarck server, it's actually how we met! We were in a static party together, became fast friends and then eventually I moved from England to France for him. I played for about 5 or 6 years but left soon after they started raising the level cap. I stuck around to get my BST to 95, did everything I'd once had my eyes set on when the cap was 75 and it was still all so hard (mostly solo!) and then thought, now what? So I quit. It was quite sad :(

On XIV we're on Durandal, but I think it's full. They're mixing stuff up after 2.0 though so maybe there will be room and I might see you there :D

I used to wish it was more party oriented levelling too until I had my little one, now I'm really grateful that I can still catch up with friends by doing a few little quests in the evening :D I can only play for a couple of hours, if that, every day after she's gone to bed.

We used to play XI on Bismarck server, it's actually how we met! We were in a static party together, became fast friends and then eventually I moved from England to France for him. I played for about 5 or 6 years but left soon after they started raising the level cap. I stuck around to get my BST to 95, did everything I'd once had my eyes set on when the cap was 75 and it was still all so hard (mostly solo!) and then thought, now what? So I quit. It was quite sad :(

On XIV we're on Durandal, but I think it's full. They're mixing stuff up after 2.0 though so maybe there will be room and I might see you there :D

Good point, I’m going to have a baby so no more 10 hour ffxi-like static parties. XD Maybe the quest-based leveling will work for our new schedule then.

That’s so awesome that you guys met on XI! DH and I started playing FFXI when we were 15 and in high school, and I ended up getting PLD, BST, DRK, and COR to 75; we quit around the time they raised the level cap as well. It was definitely sad. :(

When we briefly played XIV, we were on Selbina, but yeah, we’re expecting the servers to change (weren’t they changing some of the names?) after 2.0. Yeah, maybe I’ll see you there!

feronia - LOL i wanted to name my first rinoa but my family brainwashed me out of it :D

XI people!!!!!!!!!!

I was on Midgardsormr till SE decided to close it for me as a wedding present (I still bear a grudge now - gits did it on my wedding day), then got shipped off to Quetz where I still am now. My husband and I actually met in-game... somehow ended up with the only 2 people in a pacific-timed LS who were Brits were from the same part of the UK originally. We both still play (I run two characters generally - a friend quit and gave me his) - albeit on a very reduced schedule when the baby's gone to bed with a very small LS (but the game's so low-mannable anyway these days that it's fine). Mainly working on empyrean weapons and half-heartedly working on my relic - although I still sulk at how they mucked up my beloved BST job and took away the deathy fun part of it.

Played the alpha and beta tests of 14 - it was awful then and some of the bugs and issues I know myself and my friend reported after alpha test number 1 were still in the game last time I played the retail version just before it went pay-to-play. I think I was on Kashuan before they re-did the servers - basically on the grounds that a lot of Midgard XI people had went there so I'd at least know the names of the village idiots but I didn't play much - the controls and lag were still too frustrating.

Ended up having an LS get together at Distant Worlds in London last year - this year we're all going to the Scotland concert instead.

XI people!!!!!!!!!!

I was on Midgardsormr till SE decided to close it for me as a wedding present (I still bear a grudge now - gits did it on my wedding day), then got shipped off to Quetz where I still am now. My husband and I actually met in-game... somehow ended up with the only 2 people in a pacific-timed LS who were Brits were from the same part of the UK originally. We both still play (I run two characters generally - a friend quit and gave me his) - albeit on a very reduced schedule when the baby's gone to bed with a very small LS (but the game's so low-mannable anyway these days that it's fine). Mainly working on empyrean weapons and half-heartedly working on my relic - although I still sulk at how they mucked up my beloved BST job and took away the deathy fun part of it.

Played the alpha and beta tests of 14 - it was awful then and some of the bugs and issues I know myself and my friend reported after alpha test number 1 were still in the game last time I played the retail version just before it went pay-to-play. I think I was on Kashuan before they re-did the servers - basically on the grounds that a lot of Midgard XI people had went there so I'd at least know the names of the village idiots but I didn't play much - the controls and lag were still too frustrating.

Ended up having an LS get together at Distant Worlds in London last year - this year we're all going to the Scotland concert instead.

Yay, another XI person! I was under the impression that it was pretty worthless to work on a relic after SE raised the level cap. Is that not true? At least you should be able to low-man Dynamis, which is probably pretty fun – one of my favourite things to do in XI was to low-man events like Nyzul Isle in a static. However, I did quit right before they raised the level cap. Aww… what did they do to BST?! I soloed and duoed BST to 75 in the early days of death, so hearing that they screwed up the job makes me kind of sad.

Do people still do Dynamis, Limbus, sky, sea, Einherjar, Salvage, and Nyzul isle or did Abyssea ruin that? o_O

I know…. XIV was such a let down. I still have some hope though, but I doubt it will ever be anywhere near like XI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->