the FINAL FANTASY thread!

XI people!!!!!!!!!!

I was on Midgardsormr till SE decided to close it for me as a wedding present (I still bear a grudge now - gits did it on my wedding day), then got shipped off to Quetz where I still am now. My husband and I actually met in-game... somehow ended up with the only 2 people in a pacific-timed LS who were Brits were from the same part of the UK originally. We both still play (I run two characters generally - a friend quit and gave me his) - albeit on a very reduced schedule when the baby's gone to bed with a very small LS (but the game's so low-mannable anyway these days that it's fine). Mainly working on empyrean weapons and half-heartedly working on my relic - although I still sulk at how they mucked up my beloved BST job and took away the deathy fun part of it.

Played the alpha and beta tests of 14 - it was awful then and some of the bugs and issues I know myself and my friend reported after alpha test number 1 were still in the game last time I played the retail version just before it went pay-to-play. I think I was on Kashuan before they re-did the servers - basically on the grounds that a lot of Midgard XI people had went there so I'd at least know the names of the village idiots but I didn't play much - the controls and lag were still too frustrating.

Ended up having an LS get together at Distant Worlds in London last year - this year we're all going to the Scotland concert instead.

Yay, another XI person! I was under the impression that it was pretty worthless to work on a relic after SE raised the level cap. Is that not true? At least you should be able to low-man Dynamis, which is probably pretty fun – one of my favourite things to do in XI was to low-man events like Nyzul Isle in a static. However, I did quit right before they raised the level cap. Aww… what did they do to BST?! I soloed and duoed BST to 75 in the early days of death, so hearing that they screwed up the job makes me kind of sad.

Do people still do Dynamis, Limbus, sky, sea, Einherjar, Salvage, and Nyzul isle or did Abyssea ruin that? o_O

I know…. XIV was such a let down. I still have some hope though, but I doubt it will ever be anywhere near like XI.

As the cap's gone up they've added in trials/quests to raise the level of relic weapons to correspond (with increases in damage ratings and the like)... been a real boom in them - especially when they changed Dynamis which is now a solo/lowmannable event to farm daily (they removed the twice a week timer and the cost of hourglasses) and come out with a good couple of hundred currencies. Dynamis has been overhauled, Nyzul Isle got overhauled in such a way as to make it a flee-hacker's paradise, Einerhjar also has a second-tier event to it like Nyzul has, Salvage is next I believe - they've got half of it up on the test server already but I'm too lazy to reinstall the test server client.

Abyssea - people still do to farm empyrean weapons, most people seem to have got all the jobs to 99 they want to (I've still got a ranger mouldering at 95 on one account and a ninja to do on my other character but I lack motivation and tolerance for idiots to do it)

BST... well Abyssea had no charmable mobs so it was jug pet all the way (spoilsports), then they started adding really GOOD jug pets - including two THF ones with TH2 (I think they nerfed it back down to TH1) and a tonne of pet physical damage down gear (at one point there was a bugged atma so with gear+atma you could have an invincible THF pet in abyssea)... then with the dynamis changes and BST/DNC being able to pull in an obscene amount of currency every single day - basically every moron on every server burned BST to 99 without ever having charmed a native pet, and dynamis became a sucession of BST/DNC with a ladybug or hippogriff jugpet stapled to their backside. The job's absolutely no fun anymore - it's just throwing jug pets and pet food at a mob - I've got the empyrean BST axe (and the job at 99 on two characters - that's how much I loved it) and I hardly ever swap onto it ever. Most of the real old-skool BSTs I know (the one plus point of the server closures and merges was we ended up on Quetz which was the home of the original BST LS in TheFlock) hate what the job's become.

BST... well Abyssea had no charmable mobs so it was jug pet all the way (spoilsports), then they started adding really GOOD jug pets - including two THF ones with TH2 (I think they nerfed it back down to TH1) and a tonne of pet physical damage down gear (at one point there was a bugged atma so with gear+atma you could have an invincible THF pet in abyssea)... then with the dynamis changes and BST/DNC being able to pull in an obscene amount of currency every single day - basically every moron on every server burned BST to 99 without ever having charmed a native pet, and dynamis became a sucession of BST/DNC with a ladybug or hippogriff jugpet stapled to their backside. The job's absolutely no fun anymore - it's just throwing jug pets and pet food at a mob - I've got the empyrean BST axe (and the job at 99 on two characters - that's how much I loved it) and I hardly ever swap onto it ever. Most of the real old-skool BSTs I know (the one plus point of the server closures and merges was we ended up on Quetz which was the home of the original BST LS in TheFlock) hate what the job's become.

That makes me really sad :( I duo'd BST to 75 with OH (kinda how we fell in love hehe) back in the day of charm, sic, hope to stay alive. I did get it to 95 in abyssea though which bored my socks off. I used a slug pet to kill byakko almost solo (friend came by for TH) and then gave up on it.

Anyone seen the trailer for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII? If so, what did you think?

I like it's look, but they should of finished XIII off a while ago IMO.

Wow...I had no idea I'd run into a thread like this here! I love FF.

Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread. Anyone still here? :)

I think this is the only group of people who would understand this: we had our first baby last December and her name is Aerith! :D

Nice to see this thread moving a bit again, I'm still here!

Beautiful name! My OH wouldn't let me have any FF influenced names for our kids :(

I'm not sure if I should get a PS3 again soon or wait for the PS4, any news on when the FFX remodel or the new FFXIII are coming out?

Hi ladies! Still around! ;) Feronia, I love your daughters name! Late congratulations for her birth :flower:

Nice to see this thread moving a bit again, I'm still here!

Beautiful name! My OH wouldn't let me have any FF influenced names for our kids :(

I'm not sure if I should get a PS3 again soon or wait for the PS4, any news on when the FFX remodel or the new FFXIII are coming out?

I'm contemplating buying my first PS3 for these two - despite having an Xbox 360 for the FFXIII game... Which I heard will be out sometime in Autumn. No news on FFX yet for anywhere in the world I think. :(

LOVE the name Feronia! :dance:

I'm a big FF gamer, but just don't have the time these days to commit to playing them. Hubby is a big gamer as well! He actually proposed to me at the Distant Worlds symphony when it came to Toronto. :mrgreen: We did a meet and greet with Nobuo Umeatsu (sp?) and he was going to try and get him in the proposal but there was a language barrier so it didn't pan out.

My bridesmaids walked in to the Crystal Theme and our processional after we were married and walking out together was Terra's Theme. :thumbup:

LOVE the name Feronia! :dance:

I'm a big FF gamer, but just don't have the time these days to commit to playing them. Hubby is a big gamer as well! He actually proposed to me at the Distant Worlds symphony when it came to Toronto. :mrgreen: We did a meet and greet with Nobuo Umeatsu (sp?) and he was going to try and get him in the proposal but there was a language barrier so it didn't pan out.

My bridesmaids walked in to the Crystal Theme and our processional after we were married and walking out together was Terra's Theme. :thumbup:

That is an AWESOME way to propose! :thumbup: DH and I went to the Distant Worlds concert in San Diego a few years ago, and it was amazing. I'm waiting for it to come to Vancouver again! Nobuo Uematsu was at the one in San Diego as well (wearing a full orange body suit, lol) but we didn't get to see him up close.

Wow, nice music selection at your wedding! I think we would have done something similar if we didn't elope. Are you thinking of FF baby names as well? :haha:

We contemplated them! But in the end we couldn't agree on them. I like Rinoa from VIII but wasn't sure if I'd want that as her name, and he wanted Terra but I wasn't sure about that either.

I have a pic of hubby, Nobuo and myself after he signed our copies of VII and VIII for us :thumbup:

Wow, sooo jealous of the signed VII copies! Terra is quite nice. We briefly contemplated Garnet or Freya, but we've both liked the name Aerith (and the meaning) for so long that it stuck. If we had a boy, though, we wouldn't have picked a FF name because there aren't any that particularly stand out to me. However, our middle name for a boy was Atomos.

Yeah we had that whole thing as well, especially since most of the guy's names are weather related :haha:

I love FF names. I really want to give my children FF related middle names, :)

FFX HD has a release date of 12/31/2013 on Amazon US! :happydance:

FINALLY...

We also considered the names Freya and the Aeris version of the name :p

Also saw Distant Worlds in St. Louis last year! I'm so glad I got to do that. It was all I hoped it would be :)

Distant Worlds is awesome, isn't it? :)

Yeah, we have a friend who said "you spelled her name wrong" when we announced her birth since he's a fan of the Aeris spelling. :haha: We both personally like Aerith more, especially since Aeris was a mistranslation that has been fixed in rereleases. I like Aeris as well though!

FFX HD has a release date of 12/31/2013 on Amazon US! :happydance:

FINALLY...

That will just be a temp. release date no doubt. Expect the release date to change at some point. Might end up being earlier than that :happydance: xx

So... is anyone playing FFXIV? :) DH and I are on the Ultros server!

Nope, my PC isn't good enough. I did get an invite to the PS3 Beta testing, but I don't have a PS3 anymore :'(

I really want FFXIV:ARR, but my wifi is literally so slow for some reason... there is no point lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->