The first thing to buy?

missjennakate

Reaction score
When you found out you was expecting what was the first thing you bought. What should be the first on the list?

Feeding kit, Cot, Pram?
Where do you begin?

I've already bought a ton of clothes, blankets etc. So majority of that is sorted.
Although I was told by everyone not to buy anything as people would want to buy them for me as gifts when he or she arrives but I want to pick things for my child? That's the fun part, picking out baby grows and sleep suits!

Just what next?

I won't buy anything until later in pregnancy, will just research before then. But imagine the first items I organise will be cot, bassinet and pram. I just don't want to be buying stuff yet as its too early.

i didn't buy anything untill 20 weeks really bar my moses basket at 12 weeks, just sorted pram out in the last 3 weeks n still need to do the cot. my first buy was actually a teddy tbh everything else waited :) afterall f you get everything at the beginning what do you do for the next 8 months x

True! I'm not going to go ahead and buy everything straight away but knowing me if I don't start planning ahead then I will leave it all till the last minute.

We also may be getting our mortgage in the next few months so need to be a bit more organised than usual.

Hehe same problem as me then Hun unless I've really pre organised it tends to get done last minute. Are you planning on keeping it quiet? X

With my first we waited until after the 20 week scan to start buying and then between then and 22 weeks we had bought everything. This time we started buying a few items of clothes and cloth nappies if they were on sale after the 20 week scan, everything else we will get in one go next month at around 34 weeks.

Hey hun havent bought anything til 24-27 weeks... my advice is write a list... there are lots of good threads on that in here...and work out how much everything will be and put away money each week... helps with the mortguage etc to know... but I personally wouldnt buy anything before 20 weeks coz of an mmc I had at 12 weeks before... I had bought everything and it broke my heart. :(

Hehe same problem as me then Hun unless I've really pre organised it tends to get done last minute. Are you planning on keeping it quiet? X

All my family knows already but will let everyone else know at my 12 week scan I think :flower:

First thing we bought and actually brought home was the crib and mattress, because we found a nice convertible on sale at Wal-Mart. But before that we already had some gear on layaway at K-Mart that we've paid off and picked up.

Aside from that, we haven't gotten anything.

I bought my travel system really early at around 6 weeks! It was a bargain and I knew I would need one in the future no matter what, so I thought I might as well buy it.

I didn't start buying any more until after my 12 week scan, and didn't really buy any clothes or nursery decorations etc until after we found out the gender at 20 weeks. We've gradually bought things over the pregnancy which has been both exciting and helpful financially!

I went a bit crazy buying vests, sleep suits, hats, bibs, mittens, socks, blankets. I have a big hamper full of unisex stuff but I have stopped now. I know I didn't need to go ahead and buy so much at such an early stage but I couldn't resist and it made me happy and even more excited.

I have now kicked the habit. Although I did just buy a lamaze panda rattle. Couldn't resist!

I bought the crib, mattress and sheets within the first month. I am keep the receipts for everything and havent opened anything but the crib. Just in case :\

Now I have half of everything on my list and Im only 16 weeks. LOL

It wouldn't surprise me if I did the same! Nothing like being prepared! Ha ha!

My major shopping wl b done to towards the end of 2nd trimester. But for now i am shopping for lil stuff for babies like i love mom tees...made sure i got i love daddy tees also dnt wanna disappoint hubby ;) probably gonna grab some booties, mittens as a reminder for me that i am pregnant :) :happydance:

I'm 11 weeks now, and in the last week or so I've been stalking the cloth diaper auctions on Ebay and have bought a few that just seemed like really good deals.

For the most part, I am waiting until like 6-7 months to buy things, as I have a lot of friends and acquaintances with babies and I'm sure I will get a lot of hand-me-downs. Whatever I haven't gotten free by then, I'll buy.

A friend gave me her old crib at like 6 weeks, and the other day I got a free stroller and car seat from another friend. My mom has also sent some really cute gender-neutral onsies and sleepers. My SIL is having a girl baby next month, so there will be some hand-me-downs there too, especially if I have a girl too.

/\ /\ we're like this. I know lots more mums this time round so shouldn't need to buy much. Anything I haven't been given by 34 weeks I will start to look on ebay for x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->