The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Oh banana! How scary! I'm glad to hear that things are not progressing any and that the contractions have stopped! Sending good vibes your way and hoping that those little girls stay in a little longer!

Thank you :hugs:

Kismet, not sure about bed rest - communication from the doctor on the ward has been pretty limited so far!! I know bed rest is less commonly advised in the UK than in the States, but not sure in this situation. I'm definitely finding resting is helpful, so I guess I'll at least need to start to scale back what I get up to on a day-to-day basis.

Hope things are all OK Banana. Your lovely girlies were obviously in a rush to come out and meet their beautiful mummy in time for mother's day!

Happy mother's day to all you wonderful mummies-to-be and mummies-to-be-to-be! I am having a lovely day and getting spoilt. It's particularly weird to get my head round as I wasn't even pregnant this time last year and this year I am enjoying my first mother's day with a nearly 3 month old!

Hope everything will get sorted out Banana. Cross those legs and tell them girls to stay put. It is far too cold for them to make an appearance quite yet.

Happy Mothers day everyone. I have spent the day running around after a very ungrateful MIL and SIL. Next year will be different. XXX

I typed a really long post last night, but I guess it didn't show up :/

Well basically CC congratulations sweetie, you seriously deserve it:hugs:

Banana I hope the girlies stay in a little longer.

Sooz, wow you're so far along it seems like just yesterday we found out the gender lol.

Mothers Day?? You have it in March in the UK? We don't have it until May, here. :shrug: You freaked me out for a minute. I thought I forgot! :wacko: :haha:

Happy Mothers Day to the UK moms!! :hugs:

Mothers Day?? You have it in March in the UK? We don't have it until May, here. :shrug: You freaked me out for a minute. I thought I forgot! :wacko: :haha:

Happy Mothers Day to the UK moms!! :hugs:

:rofl: I did the same thing. I even looked up because I thought I was hoing crazy!!!

But happy mothers day to all the UK moms!!

Arghhhhh! This is the 3rd time I am writing this reply! Stupid iPad and fat fingers!!!! :nope:

Anyway,

Banana - hope you and the girls are ok and being well looked after. It must be a very scary time. X

Jo - Felix is adorable and you do right showing him off. X

AFM, I am now nearly at 36 weeks. I have finished work! Yippee! Not started Mat leave just yet, taking some A/L I had left.

I have my 36 week MW apt this afternoon so will see which way my spinning babes is laying. So far he has been transverse, Cephalic and breech! Hoping today they tell me he is back in the head down position, he does seem to move a lot! My belly and wide hips must accommodate him a little too well!

Let me know how you are all getting on. I will be on here a bit as I will be a little bored. Strange but I am going to miss work!

Hello ladies!! Haven’t been on in a bit trying to catch up!!

Banana – how are you and the girls doing? Hope you are all ok and are at home resting!! :hugs:

Annaki – sooo exciting!! Not long for you now. Are you feeling organised? Hope baby has moved into position for you this afternoon lol

Mrs Luvbug – love the 3d scan photos they are gorgeous!!

CC – how you feeling??

Mini – how you doing? How’s the wedding plans coming along? Is it a summer or winter wedding you are planning?? Jo and CC I loved your wedding photos they were lovely. Bet they bring back many happy memories!! I am hoping to start planning our wedding later on this year :happydance:

Jo – how you doing? Felix is absolutely gorgeous you must be so proud!! It’s scary that he is almost 3 months now! Time flies!!

Kismet – how you doing???

Sooz – how you feeling? I hope you are feeling a little more reassured about babies size? My SIL gave birth 4 weeks ago. She had to have growth scans as baby was “SO BIG”!! He was measuring 4 weeks ahead quite early on and to be fair her bump was pretty big. She then went overdue so we expected a big 10lbs baby and he was......7lbs!! So obviously the measuring ahead thing was a load of nonsense! And for being overdue 7lbs isn’t that big. So please try not to worry yourself! :hugs:

Hope all you other ladies are ok and sorry if I have missed anyone just had a quick read thru to try and catch up!

AFM: I am ok still experiencing nausea and “morning sickness” slightly worried about my weight as I have only just reached my pre pregnancy weight however bump is growing and baby is measuring a week ahead (taking that with a pinch of salt) so trying not to worry. I am night shift tonight and as from 8AM tomorrow morning I am finished work and not due back until May next year. Soooo excited but can’t quite believe how fast time is going xx

Good to see you Annaki! You're nearly fully cooked and baby could come anytime! That's so exciting! Hopfully your lil' man settles with his head down! He needs to stop mucking about - cheeky wee soul! Let us know how you get on at the mw.:thumbup:

Banana - hope you're still doing OK and those wee lassies are behaving and staying put. At least you know you'll be kept a very close eye on from now on which is pretty reassuring. They'll wash your progress like a hawk. Have they set a date to deliver them or are they happy to let you potter along with your pregnancy?

Jo - I hope Felix got your something nice for mother's day! It should have been something v special since you carried him for 9 months last year :haha:!

Mojo - so sorry you're still pukey. That's totally lame. You must be fed up or maybe you've forgotten what it feels like not to be pukey! Don't you worry about your wee vegetable, it'll take what it needs to grow (away from you sadly) so you not eating great or feeling sick will not put it to any harm. Thanks for the reassurance. I've managed to calm down a bit after bump has measured fine and loads of girls who had giant babies predicted who were actually fine. I just don't want a giant baby! Anything under 9lb I'm cool with!

Snuffles - looks like pregnancy is going well for you - hope you're ok :kiss:

CC - how's your wee fruit doing and how are you feeling? Still SO excited that you got your BFP! Yey!

AFM - getting tired and really sore. 34wks today. Had an AWESOME time at the health spa and came back feeling refreshed and chilled out. Definitely what every pregnant woman needs! I enjoyed a gorgeous pregnancy massage which soothed my aches. Got another 15 working days left. Mat leave can't come sooner! Got my baby shower on Saturday so getting v excited about it!:happydance:

Annaki- So nice to hear from you! Yay for leave starting!! Hopefully your little guy is behaving and in the right position!

Mojo- So nice to hear from you too!!! Sorry you're still not feeling well! Like sooz said, babies take all they need from us so don't worry yourself too much!

Sooz- Glad to hear things are going well! yay for maternity leave starting and double yay for baby shower! Such fun times ahead! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time at your baby shower!

Kismet- Hope you're doing ok!

And I hope all you ladies we haven't hear from recently are doing ok as well!

AFM- juts hanging out. We went shopping last night! Got lots of baby things we needed. I LOVE baby shopping haha.

Kismet - so sorry to hear about the wee lad. His parents must be so worried. Hopefully it's a cystic condition that's easily managed or that the cysts can be removed. Fingers crossed for good news.

My baby shower is at my mum's house with our friends and family! I've never been to one before so I'm excited as I don't know what to expect! Fun times! Been getting loads of Braxtons today. Also feel like I'm running out if room in my tummy!

Hello Midwife verdict is not Cephalic! The round object underneath my ribs is intact his bum! So all is good! So on that news I have bought myself an exercise ball and have started my moves for optimal-fetal positioning. I am right on target on my growth chart...although I am quite scared that if I go as far as 42 weeks I am predicted to have a 10lb-er! Oooeeer!

Sooz - I haven't been to a baby shower either! Not planned one for myself but I have a sneaky feeling something is being planned behind my back. 15 days to work! Eeek that's soon! Ps I am bored on Mat leave already. Going to wash the windows today! Haha.

Luvbug - I love baby shopping! I think we have everything now. Only my sterilisers and last bit of pram to pay off then I'm done!

Kismet - Hope the little one is ok. I imagine it's so scary. Ps thanks for the iPad tip I didn't know that!

Mojo - Yay on Mat leave! Boo on nausea! How far are you along now? You are very lucky to have such a long time off x

It's funny you're talking about baby's position Annaki - MW told me today that she's gone breech :cry: said she couldn't feel baby's head in my pelvis anymore and she picked up the heart rate but right high up my bump. I really didn't think she'd turned over the past two weeks :cry: I've to go back in 2 weeks and see her - she wants me to try exercises to turn her but I'm not convinced she actually is breech! She's mentioned ECV if she's still breech next time. I'll need a presentation scan first though. Sigh.

What excercises has she told you to do to turn her Sooz? How do you feel about ECV? My MW says if there was any doubt about his presentation after 37 weeks (or was it 36?) she would refer me for a scan at the day unit. I would love a scan so I know for sure that he is Cephalic as the MW's arent 100%. I next see MW at 37 + 4. So we will see. X

If she's still breech in 2 weeks ill get a presentation scan then offered EVC :cry:

I'm not sure if I would want the ECV. After doing some reading around it it doesn't sound like it is too successful :nope:

If it comes to it and he is breech will probably put my name down for an elective section...:cry::cry:

Which I really don't want. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->