The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Mini How are you. Thank you for the congratulations, I understand how hard it is to be so sad that it isn't your announcement but be happy for people at the same time. When do you think you will be ready to try again?

CC & kismet, thanks for that! I might brave it. CC I now 35 & 8 days. Lol

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing okay in here xx

Well in that case, you are fully qualified :thumbup: And happy Birthday for 8 days ago :hugs:

I'm doing ok thank you! I'm so happy to hear BFP's from you lovely ladies!! Just gives me the strength to know that hopefully I'll be there again with you one day! I would love to try again ASAP but my OH wants me to fully recover (physically & mentally) before we even think about trying again. The worst thing for me at the moment is a friend of ours and his gf keep going on about trying for a baby in the next few months which ordinarily I wld be fine with but they argue all the time and all our friends think its the worst situation to bring a baby in to. I just know if they get their bfp it'll crush me. (I know I'm being very selfish but they truly believe a baby will make their relationship better)

I've been keeping myself busy by looking at possible venues for our wedding which we're looking at doing in 2015. Incase I do fall again and it stays with me this time it'll give us time to save, plan, me to loose baby weight so I can fit in a wedding dress etc!!

CC-how you feeling?

Kismet-hope you feel better soon hun.

Hi to everyone else hope you're all ok!!
X

Oh mini, special big hugs for you XXX I do understand that dread that a couple you know that shouldn't really be having children at this time are talking about it and you just know they are going to be one of the lucky couples that just fall without even trying. It will happen for you again, there is no reason to think not. All I can advise you is get yourself ready for their announcement I always found it harder when I was unprepared and people caught me off guard.
Good luck with your wedding plans, what sort of wedding are you planning? Please tell I love a wedding, I'm a big romantic. I have always wanted to own a wedding dress shop LOL.
I feeling fine, just a stuffy nose, the odd wave of sickness but nothing much hopefully it stays like this. Thank you for asking and you take care of yourself XXX

Glad you're feeling fine CC! Yeah I'm prepared but I know I'm not going to be happy for them, (so awful to say but I'm going to be so bitter!). Hopefully Mother Nature will realise its not the right time for them and hold off for a while.

We've just looked at 2 venues so far both of them beautiful old buildings! Ones a mansion and the other one looks like a castle!!! We're not sure whether to get married in our local church or have a civil ceremony at the venue. I really want to theme our wedding around the Maldives as that's where we got engaged!! Designing our own cocktails, shells in glass bowls as centre pieces!! I would also like the colour scheme to be cadbury purple!! Can't wait to get a venue booked as then I know although it'll be 2015 its definitley happening!!!!
X

How are you all ladies?

Mini - I feel for you awaiting that announcement, I really do. Brace yourself, you'll get over it and just remind yourself that when your time comes you will make much better parents :hugs:

CC - how are you feeling? Ahh I'm just so happy for you :cloud9:

Kismet - hope you feel much better soon!

Good luck and best wishes to our bunch of ladies who are now due next month!! I'm so jealous. The last two and a half months has been the hardest of my life in lots of ways but I'd go back and do it all again in a heartbeat. I'm working on a new list of tips more about baby than birth so best crack on else you'll have all popped before I've written it down :haha:

AFM - doing really well, Felix is so big now and I can't believe how much he's changed. I've just put a box in his bedroom for clothes he's grown out of as I'm having to sort through everything practically daily. Here's a picture of him dressed in his bear snowsuit!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=576169&stc=1&d=1362332903
Those of you who have added me on Facebook (link in my journal if you haven't and would like to) will have already seen it but it's so cute I want to share it everywhere :haha:

Attachments

• 2013-03-01 09.35.28.jpg
    2013-03-01 09.35.28.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 32
Jo, Felix is adorable. You are so lucky XXX

Mini, Wedding plans sound great. My little bridesmaid that was only 2 wore really dark purple, she looked beautiful and totally stole the show :cloud9:

Mini- wedding plans sound wonderful! Such an exciting time!!

CC- I just can't get over seeing your spoiler. Makes me smile every time!

Jo- that is the cutest picture EVER!!! I'm glad to hear everything is going good!

AFM- Had our baby shower yesterday. It was tons of fun and lots of people. We got lots of things. I over did it a little though and my ankles have been crazy swollen Saturday, Sunday and today, let me just say OUCH :-(

Hope all you other ladies are doing well!

Oh Luvbug that is so sweet thank you. So pleased you had a lovely baby shower, I can't wait for mine XXX

Argh! I wrote a HUGE message and deleted it - I could scream!:growlmad:
Anyways.....shall try and recap what I wrote....

:happydance::happydance::happydance:CC!!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: I'm doing a major happy dance for your awesome news. (Although it took me a while to click when I read the front page - doh!). You must be SO chuffed and SO shocked but SO excited! You deserve it SO much and thankyou for taking such good care of us scardicats! We're with you every step of you precious fruit's way!:hugs:

Jo - Felix is one seriously cute little dude. He suits his name so well! What do you love most about being a mum? Are you still enjoying breastfeeding? Thanks for your reassurance - it means a lot. I'm still having nightmares about giant babies and could kick that senographer!:nope:

Luvbug - your wee man looks like such a cheeky lil' cutey! So exciting! Not long for us all! What kind of things did you get at your shower?

Mini - I totally understand your upset. I felt like eveyone I knew was getting BFPs when we were trying and many of them were worse-off financially or didn't have a stable relationship. Your BFP was so wanted so it's natural to feel crushed.

I can't believe I can now say I'm due to give birth next month. I can't wait to meet my baby girl although parenthood scares me sh*tless still. I feel like I'll never be ready...how will I cope....will I be a good mum? We've started NCT classes and these have helped although I'm convinced I'll end up with a c section! I'm off to Stobo castle - a health spa - with my mum this weekend and then next weekend is my baby shower! Lots to look forward to. Just SO tired and looking forward to finishing work in 3 weeks!

Like this one kismet

https://www.naturalnursery.co.uk/fair-trade-fancy-dress/baby-fancy-dress-costume-chick.html

:haha:

Thanks all, he is a handsome little boy if I do say so myself! Don't know where he gets it from :haha:

Mini my bridesmaids wore purple too and I had blue and purple flowers. And bright blue shoes! Ah wedding planning is so exciting!

Sooz, you will be questioning yourself forever from now on so get used to it :haha: seriously though, once baby is here and you can see that she is healthy and happy you will start to trust yourself more. I don't think you will ever feel totally confident but the fact that you're worrying about it so much is a good thing iykwim? As for your questions, well the breastfeeding has gone kaput once again after he just stopped doing it again as quickly as he started. It has been four or five days now and despite hand expressing and using a manual pump my milk has about gone. I could probably get it back with an intense pumping regime but I just don't feel able to after everything that has already happened. When he did it though I absolutely loved it, didn't have any physical problems, no soreness, nothing. It was brilliant and I just hope I'm able to do it with #2. When it comes to being a mum... I don't know, I guess the smiles and cuddles and just looking at him and thinking I made him, I did that, and I've kept him healthy and happy for the 9 months he was inside and then outside too. The early days were quite unrewarding and we also had such an ordeal with the feeding but now he smiles, coos and babbles it's wonderful. He seems to find comfort in me now too, follows me around the room with his eyes and sometimes cries for me when someone else holds him which is lovely. Sometimes when I'm feeding him I can just see the love in his eyes and it makes me want to do my absolute best for him to make me worthy of the total devotion he has for me. The love you have for your mum is unconditional and I want to feel like I deserve it and never let him down. I really feel like I've found my purpose in life :cloud9:

Anyway that was all a bit deep for me so here's a photo of Felix with a comedy moustache dummy: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=577783&stc=1&d=1362594065

Attachments

• 2013-03-05 15.52.37.jpg
    2013-03-05 15.52.37.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 29
Ahhhh Jo, Felix is so gorgeous!!! That is a great dummy!! Made me laugh!!!

Wow blue shoes! I was thinking of having purple shoes to match my bridesmaids dresses as think it'll make a great photo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->