The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Hi girls,

Just a quick message as I need to go and express - story of my life at the moment :haha:

Jo, your tips were really useful, and much appreciated :hugs: I'm still persevering with the expressing, and am not too far off producing enough to feed both girls for a whole day now. It's felt like a really slow process, but I finally feel like I'm getting there.

Sooz and Annaki, not long to go now!

Big :hugs: Sooz - it is all very scary, but amazing too. I've had definite good and bad days since having the girls, and have definitely had a touch of the baby blues (although it's difficult to know how much of that is down to the special care situation, I guess), but your little one will bring you through it. And we'll always be here to listen if you need it too :hugs:

AFM, the girls are doing really well. They've gained back up to their birth weights now, which is fantastic, and are starting to take small cup feeds. As this is the first time they've ever had to swallow a feed it's amazing progress, and it's so lovely to see them actually drinking rather than being tube fed :cloud9: It also means that we can start trying to establish breastfeeding, so that's brilliant - although a bit scary too!

I'm doing ok too. I had a really rough day yesterday as I had a tummy bug and couldn't see the girls incase it caused problems for them or any of the other babies. It was such a horrible feeling not being able to see them and be there for them. I've had to stay away today too, but have tried to focus all my energy on getting my milk supply up whilst I'm stuck at home, and that's helped to distract me. I can finally see them again tomorrow, and can't wait.

Still having issues attaching pictures, but will try again once I've expressed...

Finally managed to attach the pictures! Eva is in the pink stripey hat, Esmé the pale hat. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 1365791203_tmp_20130408_194312.jpg
    1365791203_tmp_20130408_194312.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 1365791379_tmp_20130411_163012.jpg
    1365791379_tmp_20130411_163012.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 18
They are beautiful Banana, Congratulations again. Hold them close you have been very blessed XXX

How are you CC? Hope the people around you are looking after you well. If you need a chat you're welcome to message me.

Thanks mini, I'm in one piece, but feel like there is a bit missing. I still get the odd pain now and again but its OK, the physical pain I can cope with. Having good days and bad days but taking each day as it comes, but still very emotional at times. I received a parcel in the post today which was a beautiful silver bangle with an angel on it and engraved with 'Happiness comes to those who smile'. I have no idea who has sent it and no one will admit it was them. But whoever sent it, I'm truly grateful. It has been a week today and we are just waiting for it to get dark as we have got a sky lantern to let off. It will be just the 2 of us but we wanted to mark it . Thank you for asking, I guess once you have been there you know. Take Care honey and look after that new little bean of yours XXX

Oh CC, that's such a beautiful way to mark today and help yourself grieve :hugs: :hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through this lovely lady, and I so wish it could be different for you. Lots and lots of hugs and best wishes xxxxxx

Wow Banana they are so beautiful. They look very sturdy and strong, I must admit I imagined them looking much more frail. Fab news about starting breastfeeding soon, and their weights, you must be so chuffed.

CC that is a lovely way of commemorating your little bean. Have you seen any doctors or midwives or anything or is the physical side of things under control? And have you told any family or friends IRL what you've been going through? What a beautiful present for someone to send you, the anonymity somehow makes it even more special. I'm so glad you have people looking out for you at this horrible time :hugs: I will be thinking of you and DH tonight, I hope it brings you some comfort. Lots of love to you both xxxx

That's exactly what you have to do CC just take one day at a time. I would find I'd have up and down days and there isn't a minute of any day that goes past where you don't think about what you've lost. As long as you have a good support system around you. That's a lovely idea about the lantern. I'm going to get a tattoo to remember bubs but will wait a while yet. I want to make sure its just right. When you and OH are ready try again. It'll happen again! I'm on a few groups here that have been really supportive. I can give you the names if you want them. Sometimes it's easier talking to ppl that are going through it at the same time.

They've changed so much in the 11 days they've been alive, Jo - they looked so frail and poorly at the beginning, and are just totally different babies now (you really would never match up their first photos with photos of them now!). It's lovely to see such visible progress, it makes me feel so proud of them.

Banana they are totally gorgeous!! Beautiful little girls :)

CC no words but so many thoughts and :hugs:

Aww Banana they are lovely!

Well today is supposed to be the day we meet our little boy! (ticker wrong by one day!). No signs! Just been on a 2 hour walk and had a curry last night but he seems comfortable In there. :) I'm so scared! Argh! Haha.

banana- they're so beautiful!

CC- that really sounds beautiful how you're going to remember your little one!

Annaki, sooz- we're all so close! How are you two feeling?!

Snuffles and Mini- how are you feeling?

AFM- went to the doctor yesterday and there is no action going on down there, no dilation, thinning out he hasn't even dropped lol. I was a little bummed to find out, but I still have a week until my DD. Hopefully something changes and he decides he's ready to come out! I've been sitting on the exercise ball off and on today and plan to each day, it's supposed to help with dilating and such.

If I forgot anyone I'm terribly sorry, a little tired at the moment!

Random Q Jo...Have you sent a photo into Sunday Brunch on Channel 4? They have just shown a photo of a Jo, John and their son Felix and not sure if it was you (can't find the photos in this thread of you that you have uploaded!).

Annaki - haha yeah that was me! We're so excited it got shown :haha: Also it's totally natural to be scared, I don't think anyone isn't at your stage. You'll do just fine :hugs:

Banana - I'm so glad they're doing so well. As I've mentioned before I have twin cousins, they were born a week or two later than your girls but were a bit smaller and they're doing absolutely fine. They're 3 in June and haven't had any problems whatsoever.

CC - How did your lantern release go? I hope the weather was kind to you.

Luvbug - I lived on my birthing ball for the last few weeks of my pregnancy :haha: It helps relieve aches and pains in your hips if nothing else.

I hope those of you due any day now (or yesterday :haha:) aren't waiting too much longer! I remember the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy like it was yesterday, i don't envy you at all but your babies will be here in no time.

How odd is that? Small world in the UK or what? Haha. It's quite an unusual name Felix so I thought it could quite possibly be you! Haha. Ps good picture" going to have to recreate that one x

I think we need to see a copy of that picture Jo.

Feeling a bit better today, the lanterns went really well the weather was lovely and we have photos of them going to keep. I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Apart from the fact that I still get really tired and still get the odd pain. I'm dreading the pity looks.

Will be thinking of you ladies ready to pop this week XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->