The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

An update my girls -

Heidi Francesca McCrae born April 25th at 3:14am weighing 8lb 4! Will do a longer post ASAP!

Thanks for all your support over my pregnancy ladies. Can't wait to share her birth story with you. Stay positive ladies and keep strong. Xx

An update my girls -

Heidi Francesca McCrae born April 25th at 3:14am weighing 8lb 4! Will do a longer post ASAP!

Thanks for all your support over my pregnancy ladies. Can't wait to share her birth story with you. Stay positive ladies and keep strong. Xx

Whoohooo Sooz! That is great news! Big big congratulations :)

Yay the Scardicat baby boom in in full swing!

Luvbug - huge congratulations, am heading over to your journal now. The pic on Facebook is gorgeous :hugs:

Sooz - Yay, such massive congratulations to you too! What a lovely name. You must be so proud. I hope you're all doing fantastically - are you home from hospital yet?

Congratulations sooz, big hugs for you and your little (Big) girl XXX

Congratulations sooz!!! Super exciting! Can't wait to hear your birth story!

And thanks JO!

Hello All!

Another birth announcement here! Baby Rowan was born 26th April weighing a tiny 6lb 14oz. We are so in love with him and so grateful he arrived safely after a pretty scary birth. We both came home yesterday after 4 days in hospital.

Here is my birth story;
As you know, went in to be induced on the 25th at 40 +12 days. Popped on the monitor before first pessary - baby very active FHR around 160ish, therefore not given the pessary straight away until baby calmed down. At one point Babies FHR dipped to 80, but it was believed to be him playing with his cord. To add to this, my BP was also a little on the high side (above 90 systolic). After discussion with Doc, 1st pessary given. I had me effect from this, but MW didn't expect me to.

6 hours later, baby monitored again and 2nd pessary given. Beta blocker given for my BP with little effect really. Monitor kept on at this time until around 21:00 when the Midwife came to review it. She thought there had been a couple of ? loss of contacts with Babies FHR so she informed Doc who said to continue monitoring at 23:00. Midwife reconnected CTG at 23:00 and while she was there Babies heart rate dipped to 80ish. Ordered to move positions. I had no signs of labour at this point. Had had no contractions to my knowledge. Then, Midwife scared me a little charging in with a big grey cannula and taking pre theatre bloods. I asked her if I should ring my Hubs of a c section was on the cards and she said no because your in a 6 bedder! :-o. Must say, I was a bit pissed off by this. I am a nurse. If i had a patient who I had suspected theatre, I would have responded alot differently. There were side rooms available too!

Doc came to review me due to continuing signs of baby showing signs of distress. She wanted to give me the best possible chance of a natural labour, so she tried to break my waters. She was unable to do this due to my extremely posterior cervix. The pessaries had had NO effect. Then a decision was made that for them to be able to break my waters I would need to be in stirrups on the labour suite. They also wanted me closely monitored with a one on one MW who could continuously review the CTG. I arrived on labour suite. BP now around 100 diastolic. And now 2+ protein in urine. I felt crap. I was now Allowed to ring my Hubs as he was allowed on labour suite. It was then I was given gas and air and another attempt to break my waters was started. Doc again failed. This was extremely painful I can not explain how much. I was begging for her to stop. It was then I knew I wasn't able to deliver this baby naturally if she was unable to break my waters and i was in so much pain. At this point i had been up 48 hours. I knew a c section was on the cards. After being so against one, I was begging for one. Baby was now consistently showing signs of distress. I knew it was serious.

The Doc then went to ring the Consultant on call who said to perform a Cat 1 C section. He wanted the Baby out in 30 mins. Anaesthetist arrived and I asked her if she would do it spinal due to my fear of a GA. She said she would try but for GA if she needed to.

Arrived in theatre at 05:50. Block effective by 06:00. Incision made at 06:00. Baby Rowan born at 06:07. It was found my placenta wasn't working properly (could be due to him being overdue).

= Me very very traumatised.

My birth plan was just to have gas and air! Have felt a little overwhelmed since the birth. I never felt a contraction, I feel a bit cheated. Somehow feel as if my body failed. I am blaming myself a lot. Could it have been to my cervix being so far up? Could my persistant high BP have something to do with the failing placenta? And did this effect Rowan's birth weight?

But then I have to think I have a lovely healthy little Boy. He is so gorgeous.

Typically being a nurse I was the worst patient ever. Think the anaesthetist was a little annoyed by my insistence that the spinal block was too far up and stopping me from breathing. Not who you want to piss off in that situation :-/.

Congrats Sooz and Mrs L on your arrivals. Hope your experiences were a little more positive. :)

Aww Annaki big congratulations he is here :) I am so sorry your labour was not what you had expected.

Xx

Congratulations Anna. I know it wasn't what you planned but as you said it's the big picture that really counts. You are both safe and well, that is the main thing XXX

Welcome little Rowan! What an absolutely gorgeous name, in fact that is currently our #1 choice for if we have another little boy in the future :thumbup:

I'm really sorry to hear your experience wasn't very positive. Everybody knows that the two of you being safe is the most important thing - but please don't feel like you can't be angry or upset that things didn't go the way you wanted. IMO nowhere near enough attention is paid to women in your situation and I hope you get the support you need to make peace with everything that happened. It sounds like you coped fantastically but don't let people's (well meaning) platitudes make you feel like you can't be a little down that it went the way it did. Don't underestimate what you've been through emotionally as well as physically. I hope you're recovering well from your section :hugs:

Oh and don't blame yourself or feel your body has failed - so many (most?) women need a little assistance, whether that's to get pregnant, stay pregnant or deliver the baby. That's what the doctors are for!

Afternoon ladies!

Banana – So glad the girls are home it must be so lovely now you can all be a family!! Congrats on the breastfeeding too I don’t have any experience yet but from what I have gathered it is hard enough trying to breastfeed one baby never mind two so you are doing brilliantly!!

Mini – good luck for tomorrow hun I hope all goes well at the scan xx

Luvbug – congrats on the birth of your baby boy!! Love the name!! I hope your both well xx

Sooz – Congrats on the birth of your baby girl!! Love the name and looking forward to reading your birth story. Did you have her at the ERI? Thats where im planning to give birth and have mixed feelings about it tbh so will be very interested in your experience if you don’t mind sharing. Hope your both well and enjoying this gorgeous weather xx

Annaki – congrats on the birth of your baby boy!! If im honest your birth story scared me a little but im very glad you are both safe and well at the end of the day. I am also a nurse and should be giving birth in the hospital I work in and I know I am going to be a nightmare patient. Please try not to blame yourself you cannot control what your placenta does or doesn’t do! Your body certainly hasn’t failed you as it has given you your gorgeous wee bundle!! I hope your both well xx

Jo – just seen your spoiler. It gives me confidence that just four months after giving birth your planning your next one! Its obviously true that you forget how painful labour is then yeah? Coz im starting to panic a little LOL. Hope Felix is well xx

Hope the rest of you ladies are well xx

It would be sooner if it was up to me! OH is a little more level headed :haha: We need to move house and I need to let my body recover a bit before #2. I was thinking about #2 before we'd even left the hospital!

I don't know if 'forget' is the right word... the memory of the pain is still very vivid to me four months on. I am not one of those lucky women who breezed through labour - it was undoubtedly the most painful experience of my life. One of my most vivid memories from the whole thing was saying to OH whilst Felix was crowning 'f*cking hell this hurts!' - understatement of the century :haha:. But it was only 24 hours, and I got through it, and as well as the pain was the amazement, wonder, excitement, love... I don't think you forget but you realise that the pain is temporary and all the other good feelings stay with you. I have my regrets and it didn't go entirely to plan as you know but it was the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. I won't say don't worry because I know you will, I did and I probably will when it comes to #2 but you will manage and will come away with at least some positive memories :hugs:

Hey ladies!

All went well at the scan today. I saw baby's heart beating and she even let me hear it!!! Was the most reassuring beautiful noise! Bubs is measuring 1 cm at the mo! So I'm about 8 weeks.

Yay babies everywhere!!!!!!

Well my only news is that yesterday I felt baby kick for the first time!!!! Greatest feeling ever! Baby is moving around as I type this haha

Aw everyone sounds wonderful! I love seeing such happy posts!

Jo- I completely agree about the pain. Granted I was in labor only a little over a week ago, I think that I will always remember the back pain. Everything else, not so much but I had terrible back labor. And I agree with knowing that it was temporary- I feel like that's one of the things that helped me get through it.

Snuffels- aww yay. I do have to admit I miss feeling him kick, but I can't imagine life without him on the outside now.

I updated a bit in my journal- long story short, Hunter has dropped to 6lbs 3oz which is 1lb 1oz less than his birth weight. So we are having to feed him more with a bottle after I nurse him because he hasn't been getting enough. I felt terrible when the nurse told me his weight because I felt terrible I wasn't providing him with enough. We've had a really good night last night and day today. Lets hope it continues!

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Hi Ladies,

Firstly please understand that I am genuinely pleased for all of you guys and all of the new arrivals, also for snuffles for feeling that first kick and mini on that heart beat and JO WOW planning number 2.

Trying and Kismet, I really really hope you catch up soon, special big hugs for you :hugs:

But I can't hang around here any more it hurts too much. I'm not doing all that well (not helped by a phone call from my MW wanting to know why i didn't turn up for my scan) and being here is just making it worse.

If anyone would like to take over the tread and keep the front page up to date send me a PM, I will check in every now and then (but wont be coming onto the treads) and I will ask the admins to sign it over.

Love to you all and your little ones, Take Care:hugs:

Mini - absolutely thrilled to hear all is well! You must be so relieved :hugs:

Snuffles - this wonderful news too! I'm so happy for you.

Luvbug - Don't worry too much about having to top up with formula, plenty of women do. In fact I didn't realise quite how common it was until I had BF troubles of my own. Hope the better day and night continue!

CC - I would be more than happy to take the thread off your hands. I have a little more time at the moment than some of the ladies with new bubbas! But would I be allowed as I'm not TTC? If it's not appropriate of course I don't mind but just putting my name out there.

I'm so sorry you're not coping very well at the minute but it's totally understandable, that phone call must have been awful, I really feel for you. I hope that if you feel strong enough to not quit BnB altogether that you get chance to update us every now and then but understand if you'd rather make a clean break. Whatever you decide I'll be thinking of you and am so grateful to you for all the support over the last year or so (has it really been that long?!) Lots and lots of love and hugs to you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->