The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Lovely banana I'm so so sorry and feel every bit of your upset and frustration. It's almost like "body - how dare you not fulfil your womanly role!". It seems so unfair that some have a one night stand and end up with an unwanted pregnancy yet when you want it so bad and are trying so hard it ends in AF. That's why I was so distraught after how hard we tried this month - I felt all our hard work and endless BD-Ing was a waste. I'm so sorry you got caught by her banana. I still think you're awesome if that helps :flower:!!

Aww, Sooz - you just made me cry! Thank you so much lovely, and huge, huge hugs to you too. Feeling really crappy, but trying to shake myself out of it. I think AF is one of the hardest times,'cos you feel so let down by last cycle, but can't get going on the next one until it's over. Grrr, I hate the stupid witch.

AF is one totally cruel ol' witch - I wish there was a "skip AF and crack on" option. Time goes so slowly when you're trying huh.

Hello all, been away for the weekend so not been on.

Banana...so sorry about the arrival of AF :-(

Sooz...you have some lovely words of wisdom, hope you are ok :)

Luvbug...do you know when your EDD is?

AFM (thanks for letting me know what this means!), no new symptons to report. Feeling good actually! Preparing myself for the morning sickness. Haven't booked an apt with GP yet as I don't think they book you in with Midwife until 9 weeks. Haven't told anyone yet, keeping it our little secret (and you lot!) until we're ready. I actually don't feel pregnant either. Want to lose a little weight as well but realise itself not the time. Just trying to eat healthily and hope weight loss comes with it :)

I'm OK hun, off work for a couple of days and waiting to O, should be thursday. I am just in the process of applying for a new job, which has really put things up in the air. Do we stop ttc for a couple of months to see if I get it (I think my chances are high) or do we go ahead and chance being pregnant when starting a new job. Really confused. The job is perfect, only 3 miles down the road, Full time but with the best nursery in town just down the road and a band 7 (I'm currently a 6) So the extra money would be lovely. What would you do?

Banana big big :hugs: I am sorry the witch got you :( Hope she is not too nasty.

Annaki - glad you have not been hit by MS and fingers crossed it stays away.

CC - lovely to see you :) and for my pennies worth, I would go for it, a band 7 doesn't come about often (well not up here anyway) so I think that it would be daft to not too. As for the ttc, I would continue on with it, sure if you are pregnant starting the new job you wil still have enough time to find your feet and the good thing about the NHS is that moving jobs within it doesn't affect your mat leave.

Thanks everyone for your lovely words :hugs:

Annaki, I saw my gp the other day for something unrelated to TTC, and she said to make an appointment with them by the time I'm about 6 weeks once I get my BFP. Not sure if that's the same everywhere, but that was their advice here (in Birmingham). Glad you're feeling good!

CC, new job sounds promising! I'm starting a new job in September. We ummed and ahhhed about moving and changing jobs for ages, but in the end decided we didn't know how long it would take to get pregnant, so we might as well just focus on career decisions for now, and let everything slot into place later. Would you still be entitled to maternity leave?

Aw I'm so sorry Banana. It sounded so hopeful for you! Fingers crossed for next month. I hope you are all are coping OK, I can't tell you how much admiration I have for you all. My unintentional 2ww was the longest 2 weeks of my life so I had a little taster of what you're feeling but I can't imagine what it must be like. You're all so strong :hugs:

Good to hear from you CC. I don't really understand how the NHS works but if it doesn't affect maternity leave and stuff I'd say go for it! There's never a perfect time to get pregnant, there will always be something!

Glad to hear you're feeling well Annaki and you never know about the weight loss. I needed to lose some before conceiving and didn't but (unintentionally) lost around 8lb in first tri. I think it was from eating healthier and losing about a billion calories in white wine every week. I have a massive bump now and have only gained about 3lb so I think baby's burned some of my considerable fat reserves :haha:

Yes Banana it would effect my mat leave your as long as you have continuous service within the NHS it doesn't matter what trust you work for all your benefits just pass over from trust to trust. I have over 10 years service now and that has been with in 3 different trusts.

Trying, I know what you mean, I think there are more chances for us OT's (as there are fewer of us) but even so to get a Band 7 that is still clinical work and not management is like gold dust I don't think I can pass it up. But I do worry about;
"Congratulations we would like to offer you the job" "Thats great thanks, now can we arrange for me to have a year off in 6 month" OOppppssss.

CC...my friend found out the day she was offered a post that she was pregnant. She was just honest with them and told them straight away. I would try not to worry about it too much. Go for it, it sounds perfect for you!

Banana...thanks for that! Better ring and get booked in. Will I just see a GP and will it just be a case of BP and Midwife referral?

Joanna...that is really good! Only 3lb is very very good! Hoping for the same! I think the calories normally wasted on alcohol will help me out too.

X

aw banana :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear the witch got you. GRRR!!

CC- I would say go for it too. You are certainly not the only person trying to start a family, and most jobs recognize that. And that's right, you don't know how long it could take, or what if for some reason you didn't get that job. Don't put your life on hold :)

annaki- my edd is April 19th, so right after yours :) We are keeping this a secret right now too. I want to try to wait until 12 weeks. Just in case anything happens. But, I was looking at one of the other forums on the 1st tri side, and some of those girls are showing at like 8 weeks! Holy moly lol. We'll see how it goes. I'll hold off until 12 weeks or I start showing, whichever happens first. I'm just terrified that soemthing will happen right after I tell people, and I don't want to have to explain that to everyone too.

Hope all you ladies are doing wonderful :hugs: to you all

Oh Banana I am so sorry I know you were really hoping for this cycle to be the one:hugs:

Sooz: You are oh so wise, share more of your wisdom with us :) and I'm doing good after almost having a melt down a few days ago lol

CC: I think you should go for the job:thumbup:

Annaki: Glad to see MS hasn't gotten you yet. Hopefully it isn't too severe if it does show.

Mrs.Luvbug: Wow eight weeks really? Well good thing I got enough fat on my tummy to hide baby for awhile if I end up being pg lol

Thanks Ladies, I'm going to go for it an just see what happens, will keep you all posted. XX

haha, ya snuffles! I was like oh my! I can't start showing at 8 weeks. Because the ladies I work with would totally point it out and guess that I am! I can't even go to the doctors until 8 weeks!

If that happens I'll just wear OH's shirts, no one will ever suspect:haha:

Joining! Trying, Snuffles and Mrs. Lovebug were talking about this thread in my journal and it sounds fantastic! Thanks, Chickenchaser, for starting it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->