The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

annika Good luck with your appointment, I will say it now because I will never remember in a weeks time. I don't think a little bit of blood is a problem but yes get it checked just in case. Just for your peace of mind.

Annaki, I think that is pretty normal - but I'd check with your midwife just to put your mind at rest.

Honeybee, sorry to hear about the chemical, but glad you're staying positive :hugs:

Honeybee, Lovely to have you back. I totally understand your time away. I needed it too. I also think I had a chemical last month but have been trying to convince myself it was a faulty test. But either way it wasn't meant to be.

Take Care honey and you know where we are if you need us.

Sooz I can see you stalking, Make your patients wait and tell us about last night........

Annaki, a little bit of blood after BD is usually totally normal. It's because of the changes to your cervix, some women's just become a little more sensitive and it can be lower down so you're more likely to irritate it during sex. It's worth mentioning though just to put your mind at ease. Try not to worry :hugs:

Good to see you Honeybee! I'm so sorry to hear about your chemical (and yours too CC, I can't believe I missed that somehow, I hope you don't think I was just ignoring it). I'm glad to hear you've got so much going on right now to keep your mind off things, I think it's probably the best way. And I'm doing great, thank you for asking. We've bought a few bits and bobs but got loads more to go and trying to hold off as long as possible otherwise maternity leave will be very boring :haha: I can start mat leave in less than 3 weeks should I want to - I can't believe how quickly it's come round.

You poor thing Banana, that sounds awful! How did you get it? Is it infectious or just one of those things?

Sooz you're keeping us in suspense here! How did the big reveal go?

Love to all the other scardicats too, it's nice to see some 'new' faces although I recognise you all from WTT and people's journals :)

Thanks Jo4nn4 :hugs: It's the same virus as chicken pox, and apparently everyone who's had chicken pox has the virus lying dormant in them afterwards. Shingles is where the virus spots that your immune system is a bit down in the dumps and decides to make its come back! You don't catch it, but anyone who hasn't had chicken pox can catch it from you - so I'm stuck in my house until the blisters burst and crust over :nope: Feeling really sore and crappy today. The virus affects nerve endings, so is really painful. I was in tears last night 'cos the pain was so intense - not a happy bunny!

LOL -I burst out laughing there CC!

So...

My mum and dad were supposed to be meeting us at our flat for tea. HOWEVER - my mum pitched up outside our flat door and I met her on my way back from work. My brain was in overtime going "DH doesn't know... what do I do?!". Eventually I thought - she's my mum for god sake. She came in and send "I got us a bottle of wine for tea" to which I replied "I'm afraid I won't be drinking it"...and gave her a "knowing" look to which she jumped up and gave me a big hug. I then threw her into the garden awaiting DH to return. I looked out "the blokes guide to pregnancy" which I bought when we started TTC. I took him into the kitchen and said "Oh I've got a book you may want to get better aquainted with"...to which I produced the book! He got all teary eye and said in shock "are you pregnant?!". It all ended with a long teary hug. He's now so excited and buzzing about! Bless! Did another IPT this morning and the line is darker! Still terrified, excited, nervous etc etc!

At lunch I'll post my 2ww sx for you as they're v interesting and I know how much 2ww symptoms posts have helped me stay sane!!

Instead of thanking you all individually I just want to say how AWESOMELY (is that a word...?) lovely and supporting you have all been to me. I really appreciate how excited you all are for me after putting up with my worries/moans etc. I'm def staying around to support you all TTC and those who have a bun cooking! Those still TTC please stay positive and it shows you that even when you're convinced your out - that may not be the case!!

Welcome Kismet - I saw you previously on other threads! Thankyou for the lovely comments!

Banana I really hope you get well soon - is it Impetigo/Shingles? Poor you :hugs: virtual nursey hugs your way.

Honeybee it's SO lovely to see you back and I'm sorry for your trauma. I hope you've had a good time to gather your thoughts - you've got an awesome attitude that will only help for your ttc journey.

Annaki - There's lots of girls who have posted with similar symptoms. I just think it's a lot more vascular around there just now. I think there's an ongoing debate about BD-ing in early preg but your m/w will put you at ease. Good luck!

Awwwwwww I love your reveal to both your DH and your mum :happydance: that is just lovely to read and I got all goosebumps!

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Banana - that sounds horrible, hope it gets better quickly for you :hugs:

Honeybee - lovely to see you back, can totally understand why you needed to have a break. Fxd for you for your next cycle.

CC - So nice to see you posting more on here, really missed you :hugs:

Annaki - I think that a little bit of bleeding can be normal early on after :sex: due to the cervix too, but def get it looked at and checked to put your mind at ease.

Everyone else, hope you all have a lovely Wednesday, nearly at the weekend :happydance:

Oh Banana, Poor you. I think chocolate is the perfect cure, make sure you get a good amount over the next couple of weeks to make sure it goes and stays away.

Sooz always happy to make people laugh. Have you decided when you are going to tell work?

Trying, We just needed some time together I will come and go as need but thanks and I have missed you all too.

JO4NN4, I'm OK honey don't worry about missing it I didn't make a lot of it. nBut thanks anyway.

CC - it's lovely to have you here a bit more as I've made your great chat and your awesome attitude. :hugs:

My 'awesome' attitude my not last!!!!! With the disappointment last month and what seems to be a total inability to get a positive OPK this month I'm getting increasingly frustrated.

Oh Banana, Poor you. I think chocolate is the perfect cure, make sure you get a good amount over the next couple of weeks to make sure it goes and stays away.

I think that's a good plan, CC! Unfortunately only got hot chocolate in the house, so that will have to do for now! Just had a banana sandwich for lunch as I couldn't stomach anything else but needed to line my stomach to take some codeine tablets- haven't had one of those since I was about 5! And very tasty it was too!

Sooz, I LOVE your description of telling hubby and your mum :happydance: . And yep, it's shingles that I have.

My Eggo is Preggo - The full story.....

On Preconception vits and preseed - used agnus castus and EPO up until ov.

CD14 - faint line on OPK, feeling squeemish. Had cx smear.
CD15 - positive OPK, cm stretchy but NOT EWCM. BD'd then leg up for 30mins.
1DPO - OPK line fainter, streak of red blood on wiping x1 - BD's legs up again.
2dpo - BD'd am - nowt else
3dpo - tired. BD'd PM
4dpo - Keep smelling "old cigarettes". R boob slightly tender (usual). Nips sens (usual). ? the odd abdo twinge? - imagining it me-thinks.
5dpo - smelling EVERYTHING. A bit of diarrhoea and nausea (I have IBS though so nothing weird)
6dpo - Abdo suddenly becomes tender on palpation on each side. Feels like a pulled muscle. Pink spotting in the evening - devastated and sobbed for hours. Accepted I was out the game for this month.
7dpo - started spotting this time last cycle. pink cm turning to browny/tan. Tender abdo. NEW thing - had wee "gushes" of clear, wet cm - (mmmm yummy). R side sharp pain in evening.
8dpo - wee gushes again all day. Pinky/tan cm all day turning to dark yellow by evening.
9dpo - watery pink cm first thing. tender lower L abdo. R boob v sore.
10dpo - pinky tan cm first thing - eventually going yellow. Both boobs now sore (new). Abdo not tender now. CM white by evening. IPT negative - I was getting line-eye staring at it - maybe I DID see something? I was spotting LOADS at this point last month.
11dpo - abdo feels heavy and cx feels heavy - like AF soon to start. tested and :bfp: mild AF cramps all day and LOW BACK PAIN++ at night.
12dpo - today another stronger :bfp: slight AF cramps, low back pain. no appetite. feel v hot. Abdo feels "solid".

I really hope this helps you guys TTC. Any questions, no mattery how gross or gory then ask away.

Still not positive OPK that is 3 months in a row now, What is happening.

Thanks for the info Sooz

When I didn't get mine for ages CC I used agnus castus adn EPO starting from the beginning of my period and got my positive opk the next cycle. Don't know if it's coincidence but I certainly wasn't getting positives prior to that.

I got a positive on my first month but now nothing. It just doesn't make sense.

So so sorry CC - I almost think OPKs are the devil - I was considering stopping them after this cycle as they were stressing me out but I'm such an obsessive about such things. Walking away from them is way easier said than done. I found the the pre-conception vits (branded ones) made my ovulation symps more obvious. I always tested first thing in the morning and the moment I started seeing a line appear I tested daily. I didn't do temps at any point as the thought of it freaked me out. I did a few CP checks but that confused me as well.....maybe a cbfm may be your answer?

Hi ladies I seem to have stumbled accross your thread and wondered if it would be ok to join? From reading through it a lot of you seem to have gotten your BFPs!! CONGRATS!! Hoping I can catch a bit of your baby dust lol xx

Sure thing Mojo - the more the merrier! Nice to see that our wee thread is appealing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->