The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Snuffles - I can totally understand that. If you feel ready and your body is healed, why not? I honestly believe I would have done the same thing if I'd lost this baby early on. Obviously this far along things would be different... But the way I see it I set out on this journey to have a baby - and I will keep going until I get one. I understand that some people need more time and maybe I'd be the same in that position but I totally get where you're coming from and you really shouldn't feel guilty for feeling that way. Don't let anyone else tell you how you should be handling this :hugs: Good luck at the doctor

Cake - sorry to hear AF arrived :( maybe it's worth having a bit more of a NTNP cycle, who knows? Different strokes for different folks and all that but I think it would be worth a try. Even if it doesn't result in a bfp if it means you have a less stressful month it might be good for you.

Luvbug - keep us updated! When do you next get to see baby? Your appointments are so different over there.

Kismet - thanks! I feel huge. I'm fine with the belly, it's just now that my hands and feet (and bits!) are starting to swell up that it's a bit weird. I'm glad you had a great weekend but sorry it went so quickly for you - but never mind, Christmas soon!

Banana - I'm sorry your boss didn't take things well. I know it's no help emotionally but at least she absolutely can't practically do anything about it. You're entitled to your maternity leave etc etc. And if she's a bitch to you about it other staff members will notice surely? :hugs:

AFM - forgot to book the car in for an MOT so currently car-less :dohh: it's booked in first thing tomorrow morning but that means I've been stuck at home all day. Oops! This baby brain is getting beyond a joke. I can't believe I thought it was a myth, I used to be the most organised person ever! Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?!

Banana- really sorry to hear about your heads reaction :( I think in that profession they just worry about how they are going to get your class covered rather than be happy for you. I know my work will be the same and they have already started discussing how on earth they will cover my caseload when I go on maternity WTH???? :rofl:

Cake - really sorry to hear AF turned up :(

Snuffles - Hope you got on okay at the doctors :hugs:

Jo - sorry about the baby brain! :lol:

Hello to everyone else xx

Banana- awww :hugs: so sorry your boss didn't take it well. That's exactly what I'm worried about with my boss. That's why I need to wait until she is in a really good mood and then jump at it so that it doesn't blow up. I think I'm more nervous to tell her than my mom... or maybe just as nervous haha.

Snuffles- I agree with what JO said. And I saw on the May mummies to be on facebook ( I just haven't posted because I'm not due in May ) that you said they were putting you on birth control.... are you going to take it? I mean if you don't want to you guys could use protection or hang off on the bding for a little while. Just a thought. But if you want to take it then that works too!

JO- oh no baby brain haha. That sucks about being car-less though.

Trying :wave:

I had my doctors appointment today
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:
Heard the heartbeat- it was 166. SOOOOOO IN LOVE!!! I feel so much better. I was really nervous and anxious about it. But I fell so much better.

Luvbug: Oh my gosh I totally thought you were due in May when I added you, guess I can't do math either lol I'm going to put off taking the birth control in case my levels are at zero, but if not I'll start them on Thursday if I do have to have the shot.

I'm just going to paste the update I put in my journal, as I'm too lazy to type a different version lol

I swear I live more at the hospitals and clinics lately then at home. Anywho, got my levels tested again and they're at 26:/ it's only dropped by 9 in two days when it was dropping 10 in a day. I spoke with the doctor and she said we'll test again on Wednesday and if it's still not at zero that our next plan will be to administer the methotrexate(sp?) shot*sigh* it's not even that I'm upset about the shot, I just want it to be over already. We'll also be testing my kidneys and liver function through the blood test to make sure that they can handle the shot correctly if necessary. She also prescribed me birth control so that I don't get pregnant in case I have to have the shot as it can cause severe birth defects. So that's pretty much it.

Snuffles... haha no worries! I still enjoy reading it. OOHhhh ok. I totally read your journal and that makes sense about the shot and bc. so then how long would you be on bc for?

I really hope it just magically drops and you won't have to get the shot.

If I have the shot, I believe I have to be on bc at least three months to be safe maybe longer. And if I don't need it, well then I don't really know.

Aw, Snuffles! :hugs: I really hope you don't need that shot. :(

Luvbug: Great news about your appointment! It must have been amazing hearing the heartbeat. :cloud9:

Jo4nn4, oh dear! Hope the baby brain doesn't last too long - that did make me laugh though!

Kismet, glad you ended up having fun! Much more fun than sleeping!

Luvbug, yay for hearing the heartbeat! Sounds so lovely!

Snuffles, so sorry to hear your body's messing you around. I actually used to take methotrexate for my arthritis. Three months before TTC sounds right, I had to wait six months in the UK but from my research every other country says three months. But I have everything crossed that your body will sort itself out before that xxx

Thanks for all your posts and advice. I know she was just shocked, I guess I'm just quite emotional at the moment so it hit me harder than usual. We decided to tell our parents last night, as we just wanted the chance to be excited and feel good about it. It was so lovely, and made up for the crappy day! They're all super excited, and can't wait to be grandparents!

Banana: Aw! I'm glad you told your parents and that they are thrilled. :D Will this be their first grandchild?

Snuffles I totally agree with everyone. Do what YOU think is right for YOU - not what other people, forums, articles tell you. Your body knows what it's doing. Don't feel guilty/stressed/upset about the way you feel as it's totally natural. Everyone is different. Some people don't want to go through first trimester again for a bit while others want to get back on the band wagon and move on. We'll be here cheering you on no matter what you decide :hugs:

Banana - I got so excited about your posts. I loved telling my mum and dad! It's such a lovely feeling to see their wee faces light up huh! You're giving them the most awesome gift!

Luvbug - SO jealous but so chuffed for you. It must all seem v real to you now. Can't wait 'til next week when I get to see my wee lime! Have you named your bump?

Jo - uncomfortable bus rides for you just now? Baby-brain-itis!

Just a brief visit from me before I go home to cuddle my wee cat! Shall catch up more in a bit. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs :hugs:

Ah thanks girlies, it really was so lovely! Kismet, I'm an only child, so the pressure's all on me on my side!! And it'll be the first grandchild for hubby's parents too, so all very exciting!

Sooz, I'm enjoying cat snuggles too - they're the best!

I think the fact they've all but given up will make the surprise even better, Kismet! :thumbup:

Banana- so exciting you told your parents!

Sooz- I love snuggling with my kitties too :) They're some of the best snuggle buddies out there!

AFM- I told my boss today. Went so much better than I thought. It makes things so much better when people know! She told me she was starting to suspect because last week she asked if I was and I hesitated before I said no and then she said after that she started to notice my tummy haha. Phew. Now hopefully this weekend goes just as well :)

Hope all you ladies are doing fantastic!!!

:hugs:

Luvbug: I'm so glad it telling your boss went well. Yay! :hugs:

I hope you're all having a great day. It's bright and sunny here, which is lovely.

Ahh, thanks Snuffles :hugs: A raspberry seems quite big! How are you doing lovely?

Luvbug, yay, glad it went well :hugs: That's funny that she had guessed!

Kismet, sounds lovely! Are you still on holiday for Thanksgiving?

Better actually. I'm not sad anymore, so I suppose I'm in the healing process. I have another appointment for a blood draw on Wednesday, hoping levels will be zero or very close to it. I feel once I get my tattoo that will be the finishing touch to it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->