The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Oh Banana that is so fantastic!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you :D Hi little beans:hi:

Thanks Snuffles!

Annaki and Kismet, I'm so pleased they'll always have their special bond together, I've always thought being a twin would be really cool too!

And Kismet, I agree - they really do look identical to the ticker picture, don't they?! I'm so excited to see how much they've changed at my next scan (which is only 2 weeks away, yay!).

Omg!!!! Boy I'm glad I came on before flying out on holiday.

Banana TWINS!!!!!!!! Whoohooo so flaming chuffed for you :dance:

Amazing banana!

Hope everyone else is ok. ATM cd1 but I'm ok just getting on with it! Love to all x

Aaargh, I just wrote a huge long reply then lost it :growlmad: Will try again...

Kismet,:haha: at your fruit ticker comment. And there'll be LOTS more scan pics to come, as from 16 weeks they'll scan every 2 weeks to check for something called Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome - you'll probably be sick of scan pics before long :haha:

Trying, thank you so much lovely lady :hugs: Hope you have the most amazing holiday and anniversary, and maybe a sneaky little BFP thrown in there too!

Jaynie, thank you! :hugs: Sorry to hear the witch got you, but sending lots of new cycle dust your way :dust::dust::dust:

AFM, feeling a wee bit scared and overwhelmed this morning - my first words to hubby when I woke up were 'I've never even changed a nappy before, I have no idea how to look after one baby nevermind two!' :wacko: Still very excited, but feel majorly out of my depth!

Hugs to everyone who's been a bit quiet recently, hope you're all ok :hugs:

Well I needed to come out of lurkedom for this one OMG TWINS congratulations Banana I am over the moon for you and don't worry it will come to you all very naturally. I didn't have any baby experience either until the day my sister became very ill and we had to take in her son for 6 months, he was only 6 weeks and it was a real shock. We only had 2 hours notice that he was coming. The thing to remember is that babies are very resilient and you learn very quickly.

Congratulations honey and enjoy, you will be getting lots of extra extra attention from everyone now. :hugs:

Ahhh, thank you hunny :hugs: So lovely to hear from you too :hugs: Hope things are going ok for you sweetie xxx

What an amazing thing you did for your sister, and it definitely gives me confidence to hear your story :thumbup: I guess I do have to remember that the babies won't know if we make mistakes - they'll be newbies to the game too :haha:

I've been at my mum n dad's this weekend and how lovely to come back and find your expecting twins banana!!! That's crazily exciting!!! I am so pleased for you!! Is there a history of twins in your family? Eep - I was so hoping we'd get a set of Scardicat twins!!

CC - lovely to see you chick. Hope you're ok xx

Ladies I have only gone and bought a pram/pushchair!

It is beautiful but unfortunately there is a 6 month waiting list and I am due in 6 month! Haha.

Gone for the iCandy Peach 2 in Silver Mint. Any of you ladies who are expecting been pram shopping yet?

Thanks Sooz! :hugs: My aunty and uncle are twins, but apparently identical twins are completely random and don't run in the family, so it's just a fluke! Hope you had a lovely time with your parents? And you're 12 weeks now :happydance: When is your scan?

We spent the day looking at new cars today, as our little Yaris won't cut it for twins! We decided it'll have to be an estate to fit the enormous buggy and everything else in there, so keeping an eye out now for second hand ones we like at the right price. It feels a bit soon in some ways, but equally we want to be prepared ASAP as twins could come far earlier than expected!

Annaki, how funny - I've been looking at twin pushchairs, and the iCandy Peach Blossom is joint top of my list, along with the Bugaboo Donkey! Can't decide between them as yet though! How exciting that you've bought yours! Eeek! :happydance:

Kismet, hope you had fun seeing the little one!

AFM, olive day today (or double olive day :haha: ), woo hoo!

Hello ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I updated my journal about telling our family. I would type it now, but I've got to get back to work so this will be a quick one. If you wanted to read about it now you can check my journal!

Banana-EEEEKKKK!!! That's so exciting! It's funny.. I was eating my lunch, saw your post but looked at the picture first and I almost spit my food out because there was two!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That's so exciting!

CC- SO nice to hear from you!

I hope all you ladies are doing well! Sorry it's so short- I gotta get back to work. I'll be back on later!

Kismet, it is really strange! Still hasn't sunk in at all! I agree with you about the pressure to breastfeed, I'd like to try and I hope I'll be successful but I think it's sad that all the pressure ends up turning people off the idea completely. It should be a choice, and not something people find horrendously hard but can't see a way out of. I think they should focus more on providing support for people who want to.

Luvbug, your story of telling your family is gorgeous! I shed a little tear reading it! And your story of seeing my scan picture made me laugh out loud, haha! That was kind of our reaction when she started the scan and we saw two little beans appear! :haha:

AFM, I'm soooo tired today. Half term starts on Friday, and it really can't come quickly enough right now! Can't wait for my energy to return a bit in the second trimester, and hopefully my appetite too!

Love to everyone :hugs:

Luvbug you made me blub into my cuppa :cry: how lovely. You must be way up on cloud 9.

Sorry for my silence, having pregnancy stress about money, space in our flat etc etc. Trying to get my head around finances etc. It's so crap!

12.4 week scan tomorrow (booking scan!) - excited but terrified!

Big hugs to you all. You're all so awesome :hugs:

How exciting for tomorrow Sooz!

I try not to worry about money. Want to squeeze a year out so having a meeting with HR about spreading my payments over 12 month so there isn't a time I'm left with no income. Are you moving flats? Do you rent or have you bought? We were lucky in buying quite a big house 3 year ago so we have plenty of room for more babies! That's the plan. :)))

Everything sways work out in the end. It's just stressful to begin with. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->