The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Ooooh Kismet, your appointment coming up sounds scary and exciting at the same time :)

So glad you're on the mend Snuffles :hugs: I have everything crossed for your appointment :hugs:

And Kismet, I have everything crossed for your appointment too! :hugs: Hopefully it'll give you a clean bill of health and let you know you're all ready for baby making! :hugs:

So tired this morning, there was some kind of drama on our road at 4am, police cars and a man screaming incredibly loudly for what seemed like ages. Horrible :nope: Absolutely exhausted now, think it's going to be a long day!

Really pleased your appointment has come through Kismet, keeping everything crossed for you xx

Banana that sounds like a rough night :cry: hope today is easy on you.

AFM - finally got my crosshairs for CD17 :dance: so offically 3dpo. Testing date set for the 21st (our 1st anniversary) if AF doesn't come and temps stay up I will test, I'm not testing to get a bfn that day if I don't need too! Also we will be heading home from holiday that day too so depending on whether I have a good feeling I may not risk testing. :lol:

Trying - really hope your anniversary brings you luck. Maybe relaxing and enjoying your anniversary may help along the SMEP! :thumbup: Do you have anything romantic planned? Ours is Oct 31st - we're going to Orkney!

Banana - I find I get really worked up easily by stuff like that at the mo'. We had some drug addicts manage to get into our stairwell recently and we're injecting outside our door (we actually live in a really nice neighbourhood!!). Iw as climbing the walls 'cos I was convinced they were going to come and hurt me. Hope you're OK. Not a stress you need!

Kismet - best of luck at the appt! What will it involve?

Luvbug - definitely good that your boss knows. He/she can look out for you and it's just a relief to know that others are aware.

Snuffles - How you doing :hugs:? Hows the HCG levels?

After thinking I was feeling so much better I had AWFUL stomach colic last night in bed. It reduced me to tears. I don't know if it's being pushed up and going into spasm or what but it's SO sore :cry: It's so frustrating as on Monday I was feeling so good! Roll on a week today for my scan!:wacko:

That must be so reassuring Kismet. I guess they have to tick every box and for your reassurance. I hope they conclude that it's something mega simple. Keep us posted to how it goes. Don't worry about SA - I have plenty blokes that hand them into our clinic - but usually they get their poor wives to hand it in for them!

I'd LOVE a bath. I might steal one at my mum and dads. We only have a shower (which i admit i have been sotting in the bottom of and letting the warer run over me!). I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use hot water bottles now? I used to always use them for my IBS spasms and I'm sure it'd help. I'd kill for a bath :cry: my poor knotted stomach.

Levels are down to 11 now:D the doctor also decided we won't be doing methotrexate as long as they keep going down:dance:

Sooz- SO sorry about the ouchie stomach! I woke up last night just feeling terrible. ANd I"m not sure if I was just nervous and stressed because I have so much work to do at work right now. Or if it was because I had to pee or if it was because I was gassy... but I've found that having to pee or being gassy REALLY hurts! Makes my poor tummy/uterus area ache! BUT in good news... you are SOOOOOO close to your 12 week mark which means you are SOOOOOO close to being out of the first tri!!!!

Snuffles.. I commented in your journal but I'll say it again here, I am so excited for you that you don't have to get the shot! That makes things so much better I'm sure. Hope you're doing ok!

Banana- Oh no, that's terrible. And especially because these early days we need our sleep more than anything!

Trying- Yay for anniversary testing date! I hope it's the lucky day!

Kismet- I commented in your journal as well but I can't wait to hear about how your appointment goes!

I hope everyone is doing well... especially those we haven't heard from in a while!

Trying, yay for anniversary testing - so exciting :happydance:

Sooz, the stairwell incident sounds awful, poor you! Hope you've managed to find some relief for your poorly tummy too :hugs:

Snuffles, I'm so so pleased for you :hugs::hugs::hugs: Now you can look forward and make new plans, such good news :hugs:

Feeling better for a good night's sleep last night - no more screaming men! Feeling very excited about scan on Saturday too, eeeek!

Banana - I'm so glad you had a great reaction from family to make up for your crappy day. Sorry to hear about your restless night too, we had a fair few of them when we were in Selly Oak - not helped by the fact we were right by A&E :dohh: Is that a regular occurrence or is it not so bad where you are? You're in the posh bit compared to where we were :haha:

Kismet - how exciting to be able to produce the first/only/most unexpected grandchild! Oh my goodness I can't wait for your announcement story when the time comes! I really hope your appointment goes smoothly.

Luvbug - yay for telling your boss :happydance: it's funny she had guessed!

Snuffles - I'm so glad things are going well for you now and all your results have been good.

Trying - I have my FX so, so much for your anniversary bfp :hugs:

Sooz - Argh I'm sorry to hear about your druggie encounter! How awful! And I really feel for you re: the bath situation, it was bad enough when I was a student and I was bath-less for a year. I hope you get your bath at your mum and dad's. If I was closer you could come and use mine any time! And a hot water bottle is fine - other temperature stuff (like hot baths, jacuzzis) are a concern as they raise your body temperature. Because a hot water bottle is like, localised, the rest of your body is still regulating your temperature normally - so that applies even if you have the hot water bottle straight on your tummy. It won't heat baby up like that as your body temperature will remain the same, unlike being submerged in hot water. Does that make sense? I'm not very good at explaining stuff, I tend to waffle!

AFM - car passed it's MOT, thank god, so we only had a couple of days without it. A friend of mine is currently staying and we had to collect her from the airport 80-odd miles away yesterday so I'm very relieved. I'd already cooked up a 'oh no, the car has broken down last minute' excuse in case it failed as I was too embarrassed to admit I'd forgotten to sort it :blush: It's lovely to see her but the first words out of her mouth, as I'd expected and stressed about, were 'Oh my god look at you! You're ginormous!' :dohh: Now I know I'm seven month pregnant and I AM ginormous but honestly, what woman ever wants to hear that? :cry:

Oh and Sooz I'm SO jealous to hear about your trip to Orkney! I've always wanted to go there, I hope you have a fantabulous time and the weather is kind to you :haha:

You'll never guess what girls...we're having twins! Eeeek! We'd had our suspicions because of how rough I was feeling, but had it confirmed at the scan this morning. Still can't believe it, I keep switching between being really excited and absolutely terrified! They think they're identical, sharing the same placenta but different amniotic sacs. They said identical twins do bring more risks to the pregnancy, but at the moment they're almost exactly the same size and the heartbeats are identical, and apparently that's a really good sign. It has changed everything though, as everything from due dates to how much we'll need to spend will obviously now be very different! Eeeek! Will try to attach a pic below...

Hope everyone's OK? :hugs: to all xxx

Attachments

• 20121013_151457.jpg
    20121013_151457.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 7
Ahhhhhhhhh congratulations Banana! Oh wow, twins, how exciting! How did OH take the news? Have you told family yet? I have twin cousins who are two and they're just precious. Twins are so special. Do either of you have them in the family? Sorry loads of questions!

I'm SOOOO happy for you :happydance:

Eeeeee, thank you lovely :hugs: OH is so excited - we've always said we'd only have 2 kids, so he thinks we've just been super efficient and got the job done in one go :haha: Family are over the moon too, OHs step-mum just kept screaming! His dad's a bit worried about money, but he's always very financially cautious - and as we said to him before, there's nothing we can do about it now and I'm sure we'll cope! We both have twins in the family, but apparently identical twins are just a random fluke! Really can't believe it - keep laughing out loud in shock :haha:

SHREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIK!!!! :hugs: BANANA!!! :hugs: OMG! That's so exciting!!!! I know twins carry more risks and the finances will be tight but wow, that's amazing news! Talk about being doubly blessed! DH and I have joked about twins because his dad is a twin and apparently multiple births go up with age even if you aren't on fertility drugs. DH likes to call twins "instant family." Huge congratulations on you unexpected efficiency. :hugs: :hugs: :dance: :bunny: :wohoo: :yipee::hugs:

Banana!!!! WOW!!!!! So pleased!!! Double the fun!!! How lovely!!! Companions for life!! I have always wanted to be a twin!

annaki: I'm an only child and for years when growing up I fantasized about being a twin. :thumbup:

Banana: I was looking at your scan pic again and it's shocking how much the little ones resemble the drawing on your ticker! :shock: I guess the folks at thebump.com know what they're talking about! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->