The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Well our first scardicat baby was born last night! Our lovely Jo had a boy weighing 8lb, and is known as Felix James Patrick Clarke. Congratulations sweetie :hugs:

Such exciting news! Well done, Jo4nn4! :thumbup: :hugs:

Luvbug, I can feel my tummy muscles stretching too - such a weird feeling!

Cake- oh yes! so you want to loose 21 more lbs? Sounds like a good goal. I had about 10 more lbs to loose before I got pregnant lol. And same as you, I wasn't overweight really, I just wanted to be comfortable with my body. So I'll get back on that train once baby comes!

Banana- yea it's a crazy weird feeling lol. And my legs have been achy lately, like I've worked out like mad and am sore after. It's weird haha.

Jo- Yay for baby Felix!!! :happydance:

Congratulations Jo XXX

Hope all you other ladies are doing well and ready for Christmas XXX

Congratulations Jo!! Lovely news! Cant wait to hear your birth story!! xxx

Congratulations Jo and welcome to the world Baby Felix! Hope you all have a lovely Christmas, not been posting much but have been lurking! xxx

Felix #1 Scardicat baby! Congrats Jo and I am so so so so chuffed for you! Enjoy every moment! Welcome Lil' Felix!

Hows your festive plans going ladies?

Good to see those of you who haven't been on for a bit!

I wonder how lil' baby Felix is doing!

Got the midwife tomorrow but I think it'll be another dip pee, BP and go appt. I don't get excited about my appts anymore as they've been such a disapointment!

Big festive hugs to all! :hugs:

Sooz I completely know where you are coming from re the midwife apt! Had my 24 week apt today. It took a max of 5 mins. Did BP, MSU and heartbeat. I can't even remember them asking if I felt well! Feels so rushed and non discript! They do know some apts off when you have more babies! I will certainly not be having some of them. Xxx

Hello all! Hope you are well. Thank you so much for all your kind words and messages, it's so nice to know you have all been thinking of me. I hope you'll forgive my laziness but I will just copy my update from my journal to let you know how I've been getting on. V busy and tired at the mo as you might imagine but I'm still around and following your updates and will be in touch when I can.

From my journal:

Hello you wonderful ladies. Thank you so much for all your lovely messages, it means so much. It kept me going throughout my hospital stay - I read them all but didn't dare reply as I'm already way over my bandwidth limit this month :haha:

I will hopefully be able to share my whole birth story very soon; I'm really looking forward to writing it actually. It was very long, arduous and eventful and not at all what I planned but I'm really happy with how it all went and, whilst not exactly happy that some of the things were necessary, am at peace with why the decisions were made and agree that everything that happened was needed. I have a list as long as my arm of things that happened that I didn't want - artificial rupturing of my waters, continuous monitoring, syntocin drip, diamorphine, not being able to move, a managed third stage... but all in all my birth experience was very, very positive. Honestly, those of you who are still waiting for your bubbas to arrive, things not going to plan really needn't be a big deal - and this is from the biggest control freak out there! Once I start listing it I can't believe how OK I am with it all, but I really am. I'm sure I will shed a few tears whilst writing it all the same.

Motherhood so far is even more terrifying, tiring, horrible, beautiful and wonderful than I had ever imagined. Felix is amazing and well behaved other than being a lazy latcher. I am currently expressing for him and hoping these issues will improve. The midwives think for various reasons that my dates were wrong and he was actually early and are hoping his suck reflex will kick in soon - he will go on the boob but just doesn't do anything - so we have had a fair few fraught feeding times but we're getting there. I had some minor tearing - two or three stitches at either end - and have horrendous piles so going to the loo either way is a bit of an ordeal but could be worse.

Right well I look forward to saring my full (long!) story soon but for now here are some photos (I know that's what you're all waiting for :haha:)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=535667&stc=1&d=1355954530
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=535669&stc=1&d=1355954530

Good luck kismet. I totally understand but will miss you big time. Take care and happy christmas and happy new year to you. Xxx

Merry Christmas to all you lovely ladies!! hope you all have a wonderful time wherever you are and whatever your are up to!! x x x

:xmas3: Merry Christmas Scaricats! :xmas12::xmas16:

I really hope 2013 bring you wonderful things - whether it be a sparkling :bfp:, a beautiful :baby: or (for Jo) a very exciting year ahead getting to know your new wee best-mate!
I'm working today :dohh: but I hope you're all enjoying a relaxing time with your OH and family! I'm looking forward to getting cosy with OH in front of the Muppet Xmas Carol later!

Yay Christmas tomorrow!!!! Unfortunately there is no snow here so it feels less Christmasy but oh well.

Sooz you get to unwrap your baby's gender tomorrow I hope that you'll share what it is with us:yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->