The First Timer Scardicats!!!!!

Oh and Banana your Christmas sounds lovely! Baby shopping central! God I can't believe I'm about to say this but make the most of it, it goes so fast. I'm such a cliche :blush:

sooz- YAY!!!! Congratulations on finding out it's a girl! How exciting! I just love love love how you guys did it! That's just so magical! We've bought a few clothing items here and there. And we have our diaper bag. And bought baby a dresser. We are planning on registering for our baby shower tomorrow- I am so excited!

Mini- Congratulations on the engagement! Such an exciting time! I agree with not really knowing much about your situation ( age, etc ) but there are a few things to weigh. If you continued on you could have the baby at the wedding. But you could also wait if getting married first is more important. Or, you could say ok, we'll keep trying until this time, because I'm sure you don't want to be pregnant during your wedding. When DH and I were trying, we kept in mind that I am going to be in his cousins wedding in July. I told him that if we weren't pregnant by like septemberish we would put it on hold because I didn't want to be about to pop at her wedding. Luckily we got pregnant sooner than we thought. If your situation makes it that you really don't want to stop trying, there is absolutely no problem with that- I say keep on trucking on!

Jo- So lovely to hear from you! I'm sure it's hard. I'm concerned about that the most. Just how much it's going to change things. I mean I would never take this back for the world, but I am nervous about how drastically our lives are going to change. I will be looking at those pictures later tonight as I'm at work right now!

I hope everyone is doing lovely!

Happy New Year ladies!!!!! I hope it treats us all well!!!:flower:

Thank you for your kind words ladies! I love B&B, everyone is so willing to offer help!! I'll try and answer all questions in one post! I'm 28 and DF is 29. I've always wanted a baby before I'm 30 but now the proposal has come I feel a little different! I think it would be great to have the wedding then start trying but having our little one at the wedding would be so cute too! At present I'm just waiting for AF but if she doesn't show my question may have been answered for me! If she does show then I think we will try until a certain time then if it hasn't happened put it off until after the wedding! (I'm hoping the wedding prep will keep my mind off of my broodiness!)

He proposed on the beach in the Maldives on Christmas Day! It was unexpected as I thought if it was coming it definitley wouldn't have been on Xmas day! I've been waiting a long time for this!! OH has never really been bothered about being married before having a baby but he says now he's proposed he thinks he would prefer to be married first! (I think if I did fall pregnant in the next few months we'd both be over the moon but its weird how one thing can change how you think!!)

Jo those photos of Felix are gorgeous! He looks so perfect! Bet Xmas was amazing with him.

Hope all you ladies had a nice evening! Happy New Year!!! Lets see 2013 bring us all lots good news and happy memories!!!

Happy new year ladies... Exciting things happening for lots of you this year :)

First of all congrats miniegg, don't suppose your DF can have a word with my OH can he haha!!

Sooz, yay a girl, I'm so happy for you.

Jo, hope you had a wonderful first christmas with little Felix.

Banana, you must be ecstatic with your Donkey... I soooo want the Chamaleon when we have a LO.

Kismet, hope you've had an enjoyable holiday (funeral aside) :)

Luvbug, trying and chickenchaser hope you all had a fab holiday season also!

Afm: I've worked for the majority of Xmas and I'm in work today... AF is due on the 3rd, I'm not sure ill be lucky this month as I've had AF and pressure like pains for the past few days so I'm sure she's on her way!

Lots of love to you all xxx

Thanks Cake! Don't worry it'll happen! Believe me I never thought this day would come as I've been with him for nearly 11 years!! It's been a long time coming! It'll happen when you least expect it! We're roughly the same on cd's too! Fingers crossed!

Happy New Year everyone :flower:

Sooz, eeeek, a girl! I was thinking we were due another girl to balance out the genders! Congratulations! I love your nursery furniture, so pretty. Our cots are white, they're just from Tesco but still nice! We'll be getting a white wardrobe and chest of drawers from Ikea, then other than that it's just accessorizing really. The room is white with one sage green wall which we'll be keeping, and I bought a vintagey wall sticker with a tree and birds the other day in the sales, so we'll decorate around that. Do you have any ideas of colours/a theme? I love your pram too, that was one of the ones I had my eye on before we found out it was twins!

Luvbug, ,when will you have your baby shower? How exciting!

Miniegg, congratulations! :happydance: I think your plan to try for a while sounds sensible - that way if it's meant to happen it will, but if not you can distract yourself with wedding plans then get back to baby making as Mr and Mrs!

Jo, it sounds like you're doing such a good job :hugs: I really appreciate your honesty too, so good to hear what it's really like rather than exaggerated horror stories or sickly sweet versions of the truth :haha:

Snuffles and Cake, good luck with testing in the next few days!

Trying and Kismet, hope you're coping ok with the TWW :hugs:

And to all those lurkers, love to you all whatever is going on for you at the moment :hugs:

Omg banana - is your wall transfer from the Binary Box (Achica also had them) as we've also got a tree wall transfer with birds! :lol:

Banana- The baby shower is going to be March 3rd. A little closer to our due date than I would have liked ( I would have liked to do it Feb 3rd ), but MIL is having hip surgery on Jan 14th and she wasn't up to having the shower at her house two weeks after- totally understandable!!

Mini- the proposal sounds lovely!!!

AFM- Been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. We started registering for the baby shower this week, and we've been looking into our daycare situation. It's all starting to stress me out. I am so much of a planner that I feel like I haven't gotten as much done as I want to have done by now and I don't even know what I'm wanting to have done haha. Phew... feels a little better to get that off my chest lol. Sorry, wasn't meaning to make it such a downer of an update!

I hope all you ladies are doing wonderful and had a really awesome holiday!

Hope everyone is enjoying 2013 so far...
AF got me this morning so onto the next cycle x

Ah Cake, sorry AF came :nope: Lots of luck for your next cycle lovely :hugs:

Luvbug, all very exciting about your shower! Sorry to hear you're feeling overwhelmed though :hugs: I think it really is only natural to feel a bit (or a lot! ) out of control during pregnancy. So much happens that you can't control at all, and it takes a lot of getting used to. Lots of hugs coming your way :hugs::hugs:

Sooz, not the same one but those wall stickers are beautiful! Ours is smaller than most as the room is only little, and with 2 cots and furniture it's going to be pretty full! How funny that we've both gone for the same idea!

Had my 20 week scan yesterday and everything's still looking good :thumbup: Still definitely looking like girls too - so after 3 scans telling us the same thing I guess we can be pretty definite :haha: I had a really funny turn during the scan though, I really thought I was going to pass out and/or vomit everywhere and started to really panic - horrible :nope: The sonographer thought it was probably a combo of lying on my back too long (it took ages to scan both babies for all the anomalies! ) and it being too hot in the room. It really freaked me and hubby out though! She ended up having to do most of Twin 2s scan with me lying on my side, so unfortunately we have a lovely clear profile picture of Twin 1 and then something that barely looks like a baby for Twin 2 :haha:

Love to all :hugs:

Oh sorry AF came Cake. Fingers crossed for this cycle.

Banana my friend had the same when she was pregnant. They had to get her to lie on her side while they scanned her!

Luvbug I totally feel your pain, it is such a stress and even moreso when you're not sure what is the most important thing to stress about! I feel like everything in the world comes down to money. My head totally spins with mat leave, pay etc. I guess even those in the toughest situations get by so I have to chill! My shower is on March 16th which seems like ages away!

I had a bleed on New Year's Day - I didn't panic 'cos bleeding seems like my pregnancy "thing" but I sobbed after I'd been in. It made me realise how scared I was of having a real-premmie baby (I used to work in SCBU). All was fine and my cervical erosion and uti were blamed. Ho hum.

Big hugs to you ladies xx

Eeeee I'm so glad that Sooz and Banana are having girls, seems like everyone is having boys lol.

AFM: I think AF will show up today or tomorrow as I had some brown CM in my underwear last night.

Oh Sooz, you poor thing with all that blooming bleeding! It must be so frustrating. Glad to hear it was all ok though lovely :hugs:

Snuffles, I'll still keep my fingers crossed that AF stays away for you! I see from having a peek at your journal that your wedding plans are in full flow - how exciting!

Lol too bad I have like no sort of direction. Does anyone know how to use Pinterest?

Banana- It took an hour to get shots of our one baby so I can't even imagine how long it would take for two haha.

Snuffles- did you figure it out? Pinterest can really seem so overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of it it's so much fun haha.

Sooz- Yea, it's a scary thing to think about. It's not something like buying a car that we can put off, these babies are coming when they want and we have no control over that so there is no "oh we can take just a little more time". Yay for baby showers!

Cake- so sorry af got you. On to next cycle it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->