The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Yeah, it is true!
I just hate the whole cycle of waiting in all of TTC :growlmad:

I really hope I get accepted! Feels like forever since we were there. Although right now isn't the best time, so we'll probably be waiting till August to actually go through with it, but it would be so nice to know that it was actually going to happen.

Dr Carby had said she wasn't sure about us being part of the trial because we hadn't been trying for a lot of time (feels like a lifetime already!). But when I spoke to my doctor about DH's SA results, she believed that ICSI/IVF was pretty much our only option anyway and she thought the trial was great for us :shrug:

Had a call today and my 3 embryos are top grade 4 which is the best quality. We are doing a 5 day blast. So happy to hear that this morning. They recommended transferring 1 embryo as she said it is good quality and a 45% sucess rate. Transferring 2 is a 45 - 50 % sucess rate. Don't know what to do?

Well I guess it depends if you'd be happy and able to manage twins and if the doctors are happy for you to have two embryos tranferred.
Hopefully you'll get your BFP, everything sounds very positive :flower:

Had a call today and my 3 embryos are top grade 4 which is the best quality. We are doing a 5 day blast. So happy to hear that this morning. They recommended transferring 1 embryo as she said it is good quality and a 45% sucess rate. Transferring 2 is a 45 - 50 % sucess rate. Don't know what to do?

great news mcnicks, hope all goes well for you :flower:

Clefairy - That is a shame about this trial but great news that you are not out completely. 2 weeks will fly by :thumbup:

Mcnicks - That is great news. I am so glad for you. Did she say that you couldn't have 2? I really want 2 put back. I would love to have twins :happydance::happydance: and 5 day transfer is brilliant. Good luck for today. Please keep us updated.

I really want this week to hurry up and be over so we can start the injections at least.

xx

Just returned home from embryo transf. We decided to have 1 embryo put back. They said it was perfect quality so a 50% chance to success. The procedure itself was fine - didn't feel a thing. We could have transf 2 if we wanted but were advised to transf 1 due to risk of multiples . Good luck everyone x

How exciting :happydance:

What are going to do now? I keep hearing so many different things that you should do after transfer. Will you have bed rest? What have they advised you?

Xx

Hi Cass , they told me to carry on as normal just no running and jumping. I am going to work as normal just trying to take it a bit easier - not carrying anything too heavy or rushi g around etc. It is dragging already. How early do you think I can test???

When will you be starting injections? It goes so fast when you actually start injections up until egg collection.

I'd start testing about 6dp5dt, wishing you lots of luck for a BFP mcnicks.

Is anyone due to start in May? AF is due on 5th so will start injections on 6th, just waiting for the pharmacy company to contact me to arrange delivery.

Thanks Tinkerbell.

Did you carry on as normal in your 1st Ivf or did you have bed rest?

Good luck for this cycle x

Yes that was my plan to go straight back to normal but no gym. They say it is bad to have to much bed rest.

I start my injections on Saturday. I hope it does go quickly.

Try and hold off as long as you can for testing. It will be heartbreaking if it's to early to tell but you are pregnant.

xx

Thanks Tinkerbell.

Did you carry on as normal in your 1st Ivf or did you have bed rest?

Good luck for this cycle x

I pretty much carried on as normal but I didn't go to the gym or do anything strenuous, there's really no need for bed rest though.

Yes that was my plan to go straight back to normal but no gym. They say it is bad to have to much bed rest.

I start my injections on Saturday. I hope it does go quickly.

Try and hold off as long as you can for testing. It will be heartbreaking if it's to early to tell but you are pregnant.

xx

I will try my best to hold off testing for as long as I can. It's going to be hard.

I found injecting in my thigh easier than my stomach. If you are struggling try freezing the area for a few seconds with ice - you won't feel it then. After the first day you will be a pro! Xxx

Yes I think it will be ok. I am getting more used to the idea. Hopefully it will all be worth it.

Have they said how long it will take to bed?

xx

No they didn't mention that and I forgot to ask. I think I will wait until test day to make sure

I'm gutted, I got this email from Ali this morning:

"The senior investigators on the study have had a meeting to discuss the results from the participants thus far and plans for future studies.

They have decided to complete the current study in women with non-PCO ovaries first prior to the adapted protocol for women with PCO starting there after, as information gained from this current study will be useful for finalising a future protocol more specified to women with PCO.

Realistically it will take 2-3months to complete the current study.

I am very sorry you are unable to start sooner and I hope you will still be interested in a few months."

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:hugs: I'm sorry clefairy. Don't consider it all bad news though! You'll still be able to take part in the trial in a couple of months time.
I have also been waiting since March, and probably wouldn't be able to take part until August, which probably means I won't be able to take part at all. Damn! :(

Sorry to hear that clefairy - waiting sucks. I'm so impatient when it comes to ttc so understand how gutted you must be with having to wait 2-3 months. Keep in touch regularly with Ali though so you will be the first person on the nxt study x

Hi guys I had my appointment yesterday. Don't feel positive about it at all dr carby said if my amh levels come back too high and my ovaries show too many follicles then they wouldn't be able to take me on. I know from previous scans I have quite a lot of follicles or cyst whatever you call it lol. So just waiting for my results now but not getting my hopes up.

You would think that this trial would be better suited for people with pcos.

Keep positive clefairy

Has anyone heard about another trial where there wanting to see which day of blastocyst transfer is better either day 5 or 6

Clearify - It is horrible when you get bad news but at least you can still take part in a trial. It really is horrible waiting though I know that.

3wishes - Have you actually been diagnosed with PCOS? I had 11 follies in one and 8 in the other when I had my scan so don't worry yet. You may be fine.

Mcnicks - How are you feeling?

I thought I had started AF on Wednesday so booked all my scans but it was just spotting :wacko: Still waiting for it now. So annoying as I had booked my scan and told Ali. O well I will just have to change it all.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->