The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Thanks.

I am really looking forward to starting. I should start next Saturday. It will be nice that we are all going through it at roughly the same time. We will be able to compare everything. Lets make this a lucky thread :bfp::bfp::bfp:

There is one thing I am now worried about. Sorry for TMI but I thought I had a bit of cystitis but I think now its more of a urine infection as it hasn't gone. I have an appointment at the drs but I am worried to be on antibiotics. Does anyone know if this will affect anything?

Thanks x

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi cass, not sure if the antibiotics will affect anything sorry. Hopefully you can get it cleared up before you start stims.

Had ec today. The procedure was absolutely fine- didn't feel a thing and slept through it all. It took about 30 mins and I was up and about straight after. Feeling fine now too.

Unfortunately they only managed to retrieve 5 eggs. I'm disappointed as I had so many follicles - over 40 on my last scan. Ali said that my hormone levels had been suppressed by the cetrotide even tho I only took it for 4 days. I hav to wait until tmrw to see how many ate mature and have fertilised. Tbh I'm not feeling very positive right now x

I was reading a post by a lady earlier and she only had one egg removed and that was all it took. Don't get down get that's still 5 chances. It really isn't about quantity it's about quality. My fingers are crossed for you. As long as you have one or two that make it you still have the same chance as someone who had 30 eggs.

Keep us updated :) xx

Thanks Cass- will keep you updated. This is going to be the longest night ever x

The clinic just called - out of my 5 eggs 4 were mature and 3 fertilised. Transfer will with by Saturday or Monday. I'm hoping for transf Monday as I believe the sucess rate is higher if they get to day 5.

How is everyone else?

Anyone know how babybell or space are as haven't seen anything on here in a while from them. Should they be testing soon? Xxx I have my fingers crossed for them x

Hi guys haven't been on here for a while. My appointments been changed to Thursday now (cant wait hope i get accepted) Got a copy of all my blood results and partner's semen analysis from doctors thought I'd have to pay to get them but they were happy to print them out for me.

Just wondering is it icsi or ivf or is it either

It's icsi they do, because they have to look closely at the maturity of the eggs they need to do icsi

Thanks tinkerbell3. Does anyone know if there are any pregnancy s achieved from this trial. So far I think there are 2 from this thread that have had there eggs put in. Keep checking to see if they have posted. Hoping it has worked for them. And fingers crossed for you mcnicks

Thanks 3wishes. it is definitely icsi.

Good luck for Thursday x

Thank you mcnicks

I'll be posting an update of my appointment

Mcnicks -That is good. So are you going to put 2 back in? That is so exciting. Have they said anymore? Do they call you everyday?

My appointment went well yesterday. The nurse showed me how to use the injections ect. It is so much to take in but we have it all on paper and the phone number just incase.

How are the injections?? I am getting my partner to do them for me as I don't think I could do it.

It would be good to hear if anyone has had their BFP.

There are 3 pregnancies from this trial so far. There was more but a couple ended in MC. There is one due for delivery soon and 2 more just ending the first trimester I think.

Good luck with your appointments.

I am feeling very positive at the moment.

:dust::dust::dust:

Glad you're feeling positive Cass :hugs:
When do you start injections?

I feel like I'm forever waiting! After knowing that we needed to get an SA done after the appointment on the 22nd March, NHS has finally given us one for 30th April. It normally takes a few weeks for the results to come back too.

Why does everything take so long!?

On a plus side though, my GP thought the trial was a good idea :thumbup:

I start them probably next Saturday :happydance: I am a little worried about them but excited to get started.

That is good that the appointment is soon though. We had the result back the same day so ring them and see. It should be quick as it has to be tested in the first hour of you giving it to them.

xx

They don't give them straight away where we live. They process then deliver the results by Royal Mail and then they're updated on a computer. The whole thing takes about 3 weeks. It's so crap! As I'd happily sit there for several hours to get the results instantly! :growlmad:
But from what you've said I'm going to ring them beforehand and see if there's any way round this process. I doubt it though!

I'm sure you'll be okay with the injections. As long as you try and relax it should be so bad :) good luck though!

Has anyone heard from Ali recently? He said on Monday, he'd be in touch within a day or two. Today is Friday and I've not heard anything. I've emailed him, but not got anything back. :(

Hi Cass, I'm undecided whether to have 1 or 2 put back. I think I will decide when I know the quality of them. I will find out tmrw whether they are being put back tmrw or Monday. I'm hoping Monday.

The injections aren't that bad. I didn't think I'd be able to do them myself. I used ice to numb the area and I couldn't feel it then! I did them in my thigh and found this easier. Let me know how your first one goes.

Clefairy - that is really rubbish that the results take so long. We have them back within a week xxx

Well good news and bad news from Ali....

"I am afraid there is concern with your very high AMH level and very active ovaries that the current dose of gonal in our protocol may be a little too high for you.

We do however wish to very soon start a study for ladies with similar medical history to yours.

We may well use a modified protocol but this needs discussion with the full team to agree the details of this.

we do not wish to expose anyone to any unnecessary risks as Im sure you will appreciate and we are concerned the current protocol would over do it for you.

Hence it is very likely that you will be able to participate in the study but there may be a delay whilst the finer details of a protocol which would suit ladies such as yourself is finalised.

Would you be kind enough to contact me in 1-2 weeks after we have had a chance to organise a meeting to discuss the situation?"

So I can't get onto the trial at the moment, but fingers crossed I'll be able to get onto the one starting in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you all updated!

I'm sorry that you're going through a bit of a delay. But I know that they've been speaking about a study for those with PCOS for a while. Fingers crossed you should get on to that one :hugs:

I'm sorry that you're going through a bit of a delay. But I know that they've been speaking about a study for those with PCOS for a while. Fingers crossed you should get on to that one :hugs:

Thank you. :hugs:

I just hate all the waiting. :wacko: But hey what's another 2 weeks, after waiting 2 years!

I really hope we all get our BFP's from this trial! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->