The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Hi I have not been accepted on the trial this is what Ali said Your AMH level is 67.9 pmol/l and your scan showed a polycystic appearance with an antral follicle count of 27 on right and 22 on left, which may be consistent with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Dr carby said I would be better suited for the pco study they have coming up next few months. I am actually ok about it because I had a feeling I wouldn't accepted.

Hope you get accepted wellsk

Ali said pretty much the same thing to me. I was really gutted to start with that I had to wait another 2-3 months, however I'm sure the time will fly by. Fingers crossed we'll both be one of the first ones on the new trial. :hugs:

I found the 9pm injection worse than the gonal f too. It just seemed easier using the pen. It won't be long for you now. Let me know how the scan goes

Hi all I hope you don't mind me joining you?

I've been accepted onto the Kisspeptin trial as I've had my scan, blood tests and meeting with Ali last Wednesday. I now am waiting for my coordination meeting on 15th and then for af to arrive before we can official official go.

Am feeling really excited as this is our first ivf cycle. Can I ask on what day did people have their ec please?

Lots of baby dust to us all. Xxxx

Hi lawreann :hi: great news about you being accepted for the trial, this is also my 1st cycle and i have just started my injections this morning, i have got a scan on thursday. I think ec depends on how you respond to the drugs thats why you need scanning to keep an eye on the size of your follicles. good luck....

Welcome lawreann

I had trigger on day 9 and ec on day 11 but as mrsm said it depends on how you respond to meds. You will have a better idea of when its going to be after your first scan.

Mrsm - how was your first injection? I found that this part went really quick as you have so many scans and blood tests there's always something happening. Good luck

Hi Lawreann, congrats on being accepted :) as the others said EC is completely dependant on how you respond to stims, my last Ivf cycle I stimmed for 12 days.

Yay for getting started mrsm, ill be a couple of days behind you as expecting AF today or tomorrow so start injections Tuesday hopefully

Mcnicks, yeah the injection was no problem, i think i was making things worse by worrying about it before hand but i didn't feel a thing :thumbup:

tinkerbell, thats great we'll be quite close together, i've been spotting all week so was pleased when AF arrived full flow (pardon the pun):haha:

Just got a question to anyone who has had their scans. is the unit open for them on weekends? its just my 1st one is on thursday and i think that waiting until monday for another one is quite a long time... :shrug:

They are open on Saturdays and Sundays for scans between 7 and 9am. They will prob scan you every 2 days xxx

aw ok, thanks mcnicks. did you go for a scan on the weekend????

I didn't go on the weekend as they scanned me Thursday and then told me not to come back until Monday. However when I had the scan Monday they said I should of had a scan sat as I prob would of been ready for trigger Sunday x

So I need to catch up after the long weekend.

Welcome Lawreann - My ec will be on Thursday so that will be day 13 of Stims.

I have my trigger shot tonight :thumbup: I am looking forward to the egg collection as my stomach is really hurting now. Did anyone else have this?
I was also very worried today as I was meant to have my last 9pm injection last night but fell asleep until 4am and done it then :sleep: I did speak to Ali and he said it should be fine. I really hope so. That would be devastating.

How is everyone getting on?

Mcnicks - When do you have your scan?

x

wow cass that seems to have gone really quick, hope it all goes well for you :winkwink:, i'm on day 3 of my injections, the first 1 was fine but yesterday it hurt alot, was ok again 2day lol...

I know it really has gone quick. I can't believe how quick.

I am very glad to not have to do the injections anymore. My belly is very bruised. It seems to be very swollen as well today :haha: The only thing I will miss about them is that they made me loose my appetite :winkwink:

It will go so quick for you now. It is very exciting.

xx

Cass - Can't believe you have trigger tonight ! So exciting

No injections tmrw either which is great.

I don't have my scan until 30th may as we r away. I don't mind tho as I shod be 8 weeks then

Good luck Cass - cant wait to hear how your ec goes x

Aw that is exciting. 8 weeks you will be able to see loads :)

I am just here waiting for my trigger shot. I will be staying here all night. Did you stay in a hotel? How did it work claiming it back?

I am very excited now :happydance:

Xx

Yes we stayed in the holiday inn for 2 nights. Ali will give you an expenses form to complete tonight where you have to put down your acc number and how much accomadation and travel cost and it gets paid into your acc within 4 weeks. I had mine back within about 3 weeks tho.

You are very brave staying in the hospital tonight - is your hubby staying there with u? I couldn't face it so went back to the hotel after trigger x

Yes he stayed with me. It was fine actually, everyone is so nice there. I thought it would wake me constantly them taking blood but it didn't. Did you get any pain the next day after the trigger? I feel very bloated and a bit tender. I almost feel like I can feel my ovaries. I hope tomorrow goes well and they can collect some good eggs :)

I will let you know how tomorrow goes. We have to be there at 7am :sleep:

xx

I had no pain after trigger or ec. You should be first or second on the list tmrw as they like to do the kisspeptin ladies first.

I was dreading ec but it really isn't too bad. The worst bit for me was the suppository you do the night before.

Did you get your expenses done?

Good luck tomorrow - I will be waiting to hear how it goes xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"