The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Hi cass86 yep I definitely have pcos not really much of the symptoms that go with it just mainly the cyst on the ovaries.

I am just waiting for my period to arrive which will be in a couple of days this is my last clomid cycle which I don't think has worked. Looking forward to be clomid free :happydance:

I am wondering whether to go on the pill for a month just to have a break and clear some cyst what do you guys recommend.

Hi 3wishes that is a shame about this trial. I am not sure about going on the pill tbh? I know that it can help to relax and not think about it for a while so the pill may help with that?

I had my first injection this morning. It was ok. Are there any side affects?

Xx

3wishes - the pill may have reduce the number of cysts and like Cass said will take your mind of trying for a month. I have pcos too but non of the symptoms apart from cysts.

Cass - how did you find the first injection? I didn't have any side affect so hopefully you won't either.

Well I had a faint bfp this this morning 5dp5dt. I know it is very early so not getting too excited about it yet. My official test date is not Friday x

Thanks guys I think I will have a month off 2 and a half years of trying I think I need it lol. Fingers crossed for u mcnicks19

Yes the injection was fine. I worried myself more than I needed lol. I have felt a little quesy this evening but I do have quite a sicky stomach normally.

How exciting. Test again in the morning ;-) it wouldn't show up at all if it hasn't bedded so fingers crossed.

It seems like it has gone really quick for you, I hope mine does as well.

Feelings very positive :)

Xx

Thanks Cass, I will def test again in the morning and hopefully it will be darker. I was surprised how quickly it appeared considering it is so early.

I remember someone telling me to do the injections after food as they can make you feel sick otherwise.

This cycle has gone really quick for me. I had the trigger after 9 days tho so sooner than most I think. Your first scan will be here soon x

That is really good. I hope mine is as quick :) I am getting worried that I will be ill. Hopefully it will pass. I will try the eating before hand tomorrow, thanks.

I am looking forward to it all now and just want it to work.

Xx

I test again this morning and the lines are getting darker so that must be a good sign.

Cass - let us know how your first scan goes. Hope the injections are going ok. Ru doing them in your leg or stomach?

Good luck to everyone else starting treatment soon x

Congratulations. That is such good news. I am really happy for you. How long until you get your blood test at the hospital?

This mornings jab hurt actually and has left a mark. I am doing them in my stomach as that is prob the fattiest bit :haha: I have been feeling a bit sick still but nothing to bad. I just want it all to hurry up.

Did you do any exercise while stimming? I would like to go to the gym but some people say it's best not to as your overy's are large and it can cause them to twist???

x

Thanks both!

I'm having a blood test with my gp Friday rather than travelling to London again. Ali said that is fine as long as I text him the value.

Cass - I didn't exercise during stimming. It is fine to tho as I did check this with the nurse just not after et. Hope you're feeling better. Good luck with your scan x

3wishes - what's happening with you ATM? Hav you started treatment?

Hey mcnicks no still waiting to hear about my results think ill send Ali a email now see if there ready. How u feeling?

That is much better than you travelling all the way down here again. So do you not have to come down here again? I will try and keep the exercise lower than normal :)

I had my scan today and there are 5 in each ovary. Is that good? The guy I had this time wasn't very chatty. He said it was good though. He said to many is bad??

I am waiting for a call from the clinic to see if I should start the 2nd injection tonight or not.

Mcnicks - Did you have any symptoms early on that you was pregnant?

xx

Yes Cass, I would say that sounds good. I think they normally only take a few. Too many could lead to Hyperstimulation is very dangerous and they potentially couldn't do anything for you.

Fingers crossed for you mcnicks! Sounds very promising! Have you done anymore HPTs?

My DH has finally had his SA done, and we should get the results back in a couple of days. Then we'll be told whether we can be a part of the trial! Please please! [-o<

Hi I have not been accepted on the trial this is what Ali said Your AMH level is 67.9 pmol/l and your scan showed a polycystic appearance with an antral follicle count of 27 on right and 22 on left, which may be consistent with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Dr carby said I would be better suited for the pco study they have coming up next few months. I am actually ok about it because I had a feeling I wouldn't accepted.

Hope you get accepted wellsk

It's not all bad news though 3wishes, as you'll still get on the other trial, which I think they intend to start in a couple of months time. You are not out yet! :hugs:

Thanks hun, I'm just waiting on DH's SA results, which should come back the same as before with high levels of abnormal morphology (as we believe it's due to essential medication). If it does then we should be allowed on the trial.

All of my tests have come back as normal, aside from the AMH, which is slightly lower than average for my age :thumbup:

I have tested everyday since Sat and lines are def getting darker. I have to travel to London again for an early scan; will be emailing them Friday will result as Friday is my official test day. I assume they will then book me in for a scan. I had no symptoms at all and feel great thanku.

Cass - 5 follies on each ovary is good. I had too many and was at risk of ohss. Did they mention how big they were? I think you need 3 over 17mm for trigger. When's your next scan?

3wishes - at least you will be able to take part in the next trial which will be tailored specifically for ladies with pcos. I have pcos so was very lucky to be excepted on this trial. I know how hard the waiting can be tho

Wellsk - I really hope you are accepted. Good luck

Wellsk - That is good that he has had it done now :) FX it will be quick and you will get accepted.

3Wishes - That is good news that there is another trial you can do. :flower:

Mcnicks - That is really good that you have had no symptoms.

I have got to go for another scan tomorrow but it is only day 7 tomorrow?? I think that is to early but they know what they are doing. The injections are really hurting now especially the one at night. I haven't been numbing it so I will start doing that tonight. I have had no appetite at all and have been forcing myself to have cereal. I think this is because I feel quite sick a lot of the time. I didn't feel to well last night as I had a bit of a headache but fine today. It hasn't been as bad as I was expecting.

xx

I was suppose to go for a scan on day 7 but when the nurse phoned me after day 5 about my blood results she said not to come back until day 9. However when I went on day 9 the guy said I should of been scanned on day 7 as he felt I possibly may have been ready for trigger on day 8. Tbh I think that's why I didn't have as many eggs retrieved as they expected because they left it too late. So I think it's a good thing they are scanning you again tmrw.

I had another positive today so will be emailing them tmrw with my result!!! Can't wait for my first scan which I think will be in 2 weeks!!! It doesn't feel real yet so hopefully it will when I have my scan xxx

Aw that's good. I didn't get my blood test done as they didn't tell me that I had to so I thought they were just getting me to go back to do the blood test. I hope I am ready on day 8. I really don't like the injections. I just had my 9pm one with ice and it was much better.

Yes the scan will be good. I know what you mean I still can't believe that we are doing ivf let alone actually getting pregnant. I am so grateful for the trial.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->