The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

Mrsm im sending positive thoughts to you, keep positive I know it must be hard.

Well I've finally started af- on day 2 of stimulating already can feel twinges in my stomach. I have my 5 day scan on Friday at 7am. Does anyone know do they always do the scans that early? As back to work next week and that would be great if so.

Wells good luck for tomorrow.
Dollyandra I'm not sure how far you've got have you had all your tests done with Ali and has he gone through the trial and have you see the coordination nurse yet?

Hi Lawreann, haven't had any tests yet for the trial, this will be my first appointment. I've had all the tests before for previous cycles but have never been told AMH results etc so have no idea if I'll be accepted.
So, no, I haven't met with Ali to go through the trial yet. Will he do this on Thursday then?

Good luck with the scan and injections!

Hi Dollyandra after my first scan I met with Ali, who took lots of blood for full blood count and everything else (I think 5 test tubes worth). Then he went through the trial, had a mini medical and an ECG done.

Wishing you best of luck xxx

Lawrenann, yes! They usually do appointments between 7am and 10.30am. :thumbup:

If it's your first appointment dolly, you'll more likely to meet with Dr Carby I think. They usually do a scan, some blood tests and I think that's it really.
Then youll probably meet with Ali on the next appointment, where you'll sign your consent forms and organise when you'll start. Then you'll have a co-ordination appointment. And then start the trial and your scans :)

Thanks for the info ladies, I really really hope we get on the trial, fingers crossed. xx

MrsM - how you feeling now?

Dolly- you will meet with the Dr, have a scan and a blood test :) it didn't take that long for us. We did meet Ali then but only because he happened to be there. You will meet him for a talk once you have your results ect :)

I am feeling fine. Getting a bit now now and can't eat much. The thought of eating meat is making me sick. I am getting a bit worried as I can't be getting enough nutrients??

Looking forward to seeing everyone get their BFP's

Xxx

still had a bit of bleeding and cramps yesterday but not that bad, just trying to stay positive. glad u feeling ok. :thumbup:

hi dolly, my test date is 5th june, think it's going to be the longest week of my life.

MrsM will you be testing early? I don't think I'll manage to hold off until the 5th although I really want to but last time we tested early because I felt like I needed to be put out of misery.

Wellsk, how was today's scan? hope the injections are still going ok, i found the cetrotide really itchy today which I think it's due to the water that you mix the powder with.

Thanks Tinkerbell, the scan was fine thanks. They said everything is going really well and progressing exactly as it should. Going back on Friday. Do you know if they do EC or anything on Sundays?

Yeah, the Cetrotide is super itchy! Drives me mad! They first time I did it, it came up in a rash. Luckily it seems better since.

How are you getting on?

I'm not sure if they do EC on Sundays, I would imagine it more likely to be the monday if you're ready. How big were you follicles today? I was ready from my friday scan but triggered on the saturday and had EC on the Monday.

Yeah I got like little rush bumps from it and they took about 5-7 days from my last cetrotide to go down.

I'm ok-ish, not feeling extremely positive today, infact I woke up wanting to cry because I feel no different from my failed cycle and i'm not 4dp5dt so would hope to be feeling something even if it's some cramps

Hmm, dunno. I'm hoping to have my trigger on Monday to be honest. That would be ideal for me when it comes to work, etc. but we'll see :shrug:

I'm sorry you're worried about feeling no new symptoms. It may be too early, don't count yourself out yet :hugs:

Glad the scan went well Wells

Yes I'm sure 5th June feels like miles away for you Mrsm and Tinkerbell, at least there is a weekend in between!

tinkerbell; I think i will probably end up testing early with me bleeding and having cramps, will have to try and keep strong and hold off as long as possible, please don't rule anything out, i was actually hoping for no symptoms but i have never done a cycle before so don't know what to expect

wellsk, glad your scan went well, yeah the cetrotide made me sooooo itchy:wacko:, ali told me they don't do ec on sundays so u'll probably get it done on the monday, eeeee so excited for you.

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hello, I have been to hammersmith today for my initial meeting with dr carby, I had my blood test and awaiting results I've been tons if these come back ok then I'll be accepted! Exciting times.

A little about me, me and my husband have been TTC for 4 years unsuccessfully not even a scare so we started investigations last June and have just had keyhole surgery to look at my tubes, they are both blocked so ivf is our only hope.

This thread has given me a lot of hope about this trial and all sounds very promising.

Welcome hnfc hope u get on the trial soon .

Wellsk hope scan goes well today and u get a date for ec let me know when .

Mrsm and tinkerbell hope u both feeling ok not long to go till u can test keeping everything crossed for u can't wait to c them bfps .

Mcnicks was it yesterday u had your scan or next Thursday sorry if I got it wrong cant remember.

I'm just waiting for af to arrive so I can start its due today but last month it was late think it was to due with the stress of finding out if I would get on the trial or not . Stress wise this months not been much better we having a new kitchen and bathroom fitted so the whole house is upside down and I'm worried the stress and the fact I've not been eating as well as I norm do ( hard with no kitchen thank god for my mum ) will not b good for me as need to b calm and well b 4 I start this as dont want anything to stop it working .

Welcome hnfc. Hope you get accepted :hugs:

I wouldn't worry too much millie about being stressed. I don't think that it will stop the medication working. At the moment I'm working and going between Coventry and London every other day. And feeling a little stressed. But the doctors have said I'm doing perfectly and progressing exactly as I should. I try to think that millions of people get pregnant in worser situations, stress and health wise. So I'm sure we can too! :)

But I totally understand why you feel that way. I think we all want to give it the best shot possible!

I'm on the coach on the way to my next scan :)
Really feeling the injections now though, my stomach is starting to get sore and I'm finding it quite painful :(

Hi Hnfc :thumbup:, welcome and best of luck to you....

Millie; feeling ok thanx, just trying to keep buzy, but not to buzy if that makes sense lol, hope af doesn't arrive to late, it's awful when your so eager to start, best of luck to you. :flower::flower:

wellsk; hope scan goes well today, fingers crossed you get your ec date.

tinkerbell; how you feeling hun, wish test day would hurry up, it's dragging!!!!!

Welcome Hnfc, I was at Hamersmith yesterday too, had blood test for AMH levels and scan with Georgios, scan was fine so just have to wait the 7 days for AMH results, then if all ok will be set to start with AF at the end of June, maybe we will cycle together?

Wells, let u

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->