The Hammersmith Kisspeptin IVF'ers :)

How did your scan go wellsk? It's a long journey to be making every other day have you got a date for EC?

I had my scan done this morning on day 5. I have over 25 follicles ranging between 5-12mm, they did ask if I have had PCOS (which I haven't- nor has it ever been mentioned). Does anyone know roughly how many before you can become OHSS? The nurse phoned this afternoon telling me to reduce my Gonal F to 125 instead of 150 for tomorrow then back for a scan on Sunday morning.

I Start with the Cetrotide this evening and not looking forward to it after all your comments am hoping I don't get a reaction especially as I seem to be itching everywhere with the Gonal F!
xxxx

I've come on today thank god I was worrying for nothing start my injections tomorrow and got 1st scan booked for wed cant wait just hope that its a high enough dose last time I did a long protocol a
Starting with a 225ml of gonal f and it was upped too 300 after 6 days and I only had 6 folicals at ec I got 4 eggs 2 fertilised had both put back after 2days and got pregnant with our son now 2 1/2 . Hope I get more eggs this time everyone seems to b having a 5 day transfer which seems to b working for them . I'll just have to wait and c how things go I'm sure they know what they r doing lol .

Lawreann I won't b too far behind u is it scans every 2 days even at weekends ?

Wellsk how did your scan go ?

Hi everyone! Sorry! Had a tiring day!
Yes Laur, I travel over 2 hours each way every other day to get there.
My scan went very well! I'm likely to triggered tomorrow or Sunday. Then EC Monday or Tuesday :happydance:

Very nervous but excited! Should be staying the hospital over night, which will be interesting! Anyone know what it's like?

I hope everyone is doing well :)

Hello Girlie's,

I Am Looking To Do This Trial & Just Wanted To Know So Far Has Your Experience Been Long & Do You Have Load's Of Continues Appointment's Or Is It A Couple Times A Month? (Please Share)

Any Success Stories' From This Trial? (Please share). x X x

Thanks

Welcome Jessica this trial is great I haven't had to wait long at all I 1st emailed Ali on easter weekend he got straight back to me I've had 2 appointments at the hammersmith since and I've just done my 1st injection this morning I can't believe how quick and easy it's been. my last ivf was on the NHS and that was a compleat nightmeare to get accepted and get all the tests done . I know of one lady who's had a baby on this trial she's posted on this thread and there's 2 other ladies who have just got pregnant and 2 more on their tww that r also on this site . Hope this helps and good luck :flower:

Thanks Hun, I Got Email From Ali Today & Replied With All My Detail's, I Was Truthful About PCO & Everything. It's Just It's A Long Way For Me to Keep Travelling, But Don't Get Me Wrong, I Am Not Moaning It's Free IVF After 3+ Year's Trying... I'm Hoping For Some More Details From Ali & To Talk To My Fiancé :Blush: I Haven't Yet Told Him, Although We Did Find This Trial Late Last Year & Was Going To Apply But Neither Due To Finally Getting Test's Done To See What Was Causing A Delay In Getting Pregnant. So He Should Be Sweet As A Nut. :D So Hopefully I'll Be Joining You All. x X x

Where do you live Jessica?

I live in Coventry (so about 2 hours away!) it is knackering, but do-able. I've still been working alongside the IVF, luckily they have been flexible. Allowing me to go in later for work and stuff :)

Good news, I'm going to be triggered tomorrow night, and egg collection Tuesday :)
Those who've gotten past the PUPO stage; at what day past collection were your embies our back?

Wellsk that's great it's really going quick r u staying in hospital I am what time have u got to get there for and how long have u got to stay for. sorry for all the questions just I've got to sort out my little boy and I've never left him over night b 4 :cry:. Think my husbands going to go home after he's dropped me off .

wellsk; thats great news about you triggering tomorrow, are you staying in hospital overnight for blood tests??

Jessica; welcome and good luck to you if you get accepted on the trial:flower:, i was travelling during the night from sunderland after a shift at work then straight back to another shift at work and once had to return straight back down and it was exhausting but well worth it if it works.

5 more days till test day, keeping everything crossed.

tinkerbell, how you doing??? have you caved and done a test yet???

Hi I m new to this forum. Have been reading today whole evening about your experiences and its amazing to see the BFP's. I am so happy for everyone who got BFP's and those on their way to BFP's :flower: loads and loads of baby dust to everyone.

About me I am 32, I have tried couple of unsuccessful IUI treatments with hsg dye test ( both tubes open), both ovaries good, dh's SA great and have tilted uterus and has unexplained fertility.

Had appointment with Dr Carby and she is amazing and supportive and had my scan and blood test done the same day and waiting for the result by the end of next week. Just wondering if you have a small cyst of 3 (not sure of the measurement ) then would you be accepted for the trial (as told during the scan ), was told it will go away and never been told of PCOS. Hope get accepted for the trial.

Sorry about the huge note here.

Where do you live Jessica?

I live in Coventry (so about 2 hours away!) it is knackering, but do-able. I've still been working alongside the IVF, luckily they have been flexible. Allowing me to go in later for work and stuff :)

Good news, I'm going to be triggered tomorrow night, and egg collection Tuesday :)
Those who've gotten past the PUPO stage; at what day past collection were your embies our back?

I Live In SE London, It's Prob About Hour & Half Away. I Have To Get A Bus To Train Station, Train To Underground Station Then Underground & Then A Short Walk Or Something Like That & Pricey lol. I Can Drive Just Have Not Done Theory Test Or Licence Test Yet & Cant Bloody Wait. Defo Going To Be Knackering. x X x

Good Luck & Fx'd Hun. x X x

Wellsk that's great it's really going quick r u staying in hospital I am what time have u got to get there for and how long have u got to stay for. sorry for all the questions just I've got to sort out my little boy and I've never left him over night b 4 :cry:. Think my husbands going to go home after he's dropped me off .

Awww Hun Totally Understand Why You Feel Like That, Iv Never Left My DD Over Night With Anyone Before Either, Although It's Only Because She Don't Wont To Stay, She Demands We Go Home, To Her Bed lol. Hope Everything Goes To Plan Though Hun. Good Luck & Fx'd. x X x

wellsk; thats great news about you triggering tomorrow, are you staying in hospital overnight for blood tests??

Jessica; welcome and good luck to you if you get accepted on the trial:flower:, i was travelling during the night from sunderland after a shift at work then straight back to another shift at work and once had to return straight back down and it was exhausting but well worth it if it works.

5 more days till test day, keeping everything crossed.

tinkerbell, how you doing??? have you caved and done a test yet???

Thank's Hun & Totally Agree With You, Well Worth It If It Work's For You, But You Must Be Shattered Girl. Good Luck & Fx'd. x X x

Hi I m new to this forum. Have been reading today whole evening about your experiences and its amazing to see the BFP's. I am so happy for everyone who got BFP's and those on their way to BFP's :flower: loads and loads of baby dust to everyone.

About me I am 32, I have tried couple of unsuccessful IUI treatments with hsg dye test ( both tubes open), both ovaries good, dh's SA great and have tilted uterus and has unexplained fertility.

Had appointment with Dr Carby and she is amazing and supportive and had my scan and blood test done the same day and waiting for the result by the end of next week. Just wondering if you have a small cyst of 3 (not sure of the measurement ) then would you be accepted for the trial (as told during the scan ), was told it will go away and never been told of PCOS. Hope get accepted for the trial.

Sorry about the huge note here.

Hun, Good Luck & Fx'd. x X x

P.s I Have PCO (Polycystic Ovaries) & Have Applied So Well Soon See If PCOS, PCO Or Cyst's Cause A Decline In Trial. x X x

Ahh I see! I was confused when you said it's so far away and you live in London :haha:
Honestly, you will be fine, as long a you're prepared to be tired!
Most appointments I have gone to have been on 3 hour coaches followed by 20 minutes on the tube and then a 15/20 walk. So it's almost 4 hours each way. But it has not been an issue at all.
It is pricey (costing £30 in fuel a day, or £20 a day in public transport). But in the grand scheme of things, I could've paid for the IVF in Coventry at over £4000. :shrug:
Jessica, if you get on the trial, I think you will be the youngest. As I was currently (at 22), but I think I read somewhere you're 21? If I'm wrong, I apologise :)

Mrsm and Millie, yes I'm staying in overnight. You have to get there for around 8pm and you leave about 8.30/9am ish. I hope you will manage okay without your little boy.
I don't think you have to stay if you don't want to. Could your OH not look after him while you have the injection, stay together in the hotel and go back next day?

I've tested today at 8dp5dy and bfn so think its over for us, hope its better news for you MrsM and everyone else on the trial atm

tinkerbell,it might still be to early, please don't loose hope :hugs::hugs::hugs:
test again in a few days time and fingers crossed you get your bfp xx

I'll test again on OTD but at 8dp5dt and with a sensitive test it's extremely unlikely anything will change :( I kind of knew though as I wasn't feeling any different from my previous failed cycle the last few days, just can't believe we had a great quality embryo transferred this time and it still didn't work.

So sorry to hear that Tinkerbell!
I really hope it's not the case and your BFP is just a little slow :hugs:

Welcome Babygirl and Jessica, hope you get accepted, I'm waiting for my results too to see if I've been accepted.

Wells, massive good luck to you, let us know how trigger goes etc.

Tinkerbell, I really hope you get your BFP on your OTD, fingers crossed

Mrsm, how are you feeling? Has the bleeding gone now?

Welcome to all the newbies I hope you get accepted as the treatment I've received so far has been excellent.

Good luck wellsk hope the trigger goes well. Let us know how the stay was as I am hoping to stay in as well over night.

How are you getting on Millie?

Tinkerbell I really hope you get BFP on OTD am thinking about you massive hugs
Xxx

Well, I'm now in the hospital and just had the kisspeptin injection. And everything is all good :)
They do blood tests every half an hour from half 8 until midnight, then every hour until 3am then every 2 hours thereafter. It's nice though, I have my own little private room and piece and quiet :)

Hope everyone else is well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->